Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

rebel

Big WOW:

She still got away easy........!!!!!!!!

jiggygato

Poor Paris.
You haters who wish her bad are all a bunch of losers.
Like none of you have ever done drugs or driven drunk etc.
you are pathetic, sick, jealous and spiteful losers who draw satisfaction in the misfortune of others.

Paris will come out of this bigger and better than before.

Paris --- we wish you well and God bless ya!

jiggygato

Poor Paris.
You haters who wish her bad are all a bunch of losers.
Like none of you have ever done drugs or driven drunk etc.

Paris will come out of this bigger and better than before.

Paris --- we wish you well and God bless ya!

Brianne

She's getting locked up!!!! too bad she don't have any friend that will go and see her it was pretty obvious when she got shut out and couldn't get into the afterparty. That's why she went to jail. She can start her journal and tell what happened to her at the mtv awards. honestly no one will care they only liked it because it was so funny and true. that's her life now only people that she doesn't know dont want to be her friend. At least the hollywood industry still likes Lindsey.

Brianne

MTV shoud get an award for that skit, It certainly stoped her from taking her perp walk. a lot of people who don't like her the audience went wild. the people at my house couldn't stop laughing for 15 min. p.s. you don't think she will try to kill her self

Chris

Why does she still have the hair extensions? I read that she couldn't have them in jail.

bob

The Police tipped off Harvey, nobody knew except the police and TMZ,

Brianne

She must be getting paid for the pic in the car with the window rolled down.

Her and her mom look mad Go MTV you put the nail in the casket with that skit.

go mtv go mtv go mtv go mtv go mtv go mty go mty go mty. that was the bomb.

Terry

I agree she must do the time, however I don't wish her harmed. The only way to prevent this is to have her in solitary. I don't consider it special treatment, but necessary treatment.

Had to laugh at Kathy Hilton having the window rolled down in the video lol a cool LA evening/ AC in that nice car.The press! How annoying they are!

J Doe

you can see sarah silverman rip her again and again

parasite was TOTALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY HUMILIATED !! classic

Chuck

Ha Ha! That was hilarious when Sarah Silverman did her bit during the opening of the MTV Movie Award Show. The camera close up on Parasite was priceless. Then when everyone CHEERED that she was going to jail.... man I'm sooooo glad I TIVO'd that. I also laughed at her statement about the support of family, friends and FANS(?). I guess she meant to say the three fans because thats about all she has. OK TMZ, I know this will never happen, but now that the skank is in jail could we please (pretty please with sugar on top) have a total 23 day sabbatical from Parasite Hilton!

JenB

Why does she have the windows down? Publicity WHORE...

23 beautiful days without Paris, SWEET!

LAME

I think she's alittle too late for apologies.... I suppose she's going to get time off for good behavior again for this display! She'll probably be out by wednesday at the rate she's going with good behavior.

All I have to say is.... SQUAT & COUGH!!!! - she's been cavity searched by now!!!

LMAO!!! THAT'S HOT!

Terry

Most would be wearing a pony tail at the very least. Not hair extensions! Something doesn't smell right.
I'm a bit confused, is she now not going to the jail the judge sent her to or to LA twin towers to do her time?
Or will she really be at Arnolds or the head of corrections house.

the vapid media

wow, i'm kind of shocked it actually happened.