Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

Deb

heymoron,

Ya better go see Mommy to see if she has your milk and cookies ready.

Been to a jail recently. There most certainly are DUI's in jail. But when talking to a stupid kid, how would I expect you to know that.

Art

I think everybody is spouting venom at Paris because they are jealous: men because they can’t get into her panties, and women because she is rich, gorgeous, and popular. The amount of abuse she has suffered from every corner of the media (who are the real scumbags in this situation) far exceeds her personal improprieties.
She is just a sexy girl out for a good time, as is Lindsay Lohan. How many of us in our twenties have done things worse than what these two did? The great master of Nazareth spoke well: “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.”

WHAT IS THE RUSH

NUMBER 485 YOU ARE RIGHT.

I WAS THINKING TO MYSELF, WHY DRIVE WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN, PURE PITY TRICK. THEY TALK ABOUT PEOPLE TAKING HER PICTURE, THEN GO OUT LOOKING FOR IT. BYE PARIS, JAIL WAITING, BEST THING FOR YOU.

WHAT IS THE RUSH

THE PEOPLE ON THE BOARDS WHO DEFEND HER, HAVE NO LIFE OR COMMON
SENSE.SHE HAS DONE NOTHING ON HER OWN IN LIFE, EXCEPT TAKE, TAKE,
TAKE,AND FOR THE ONES WHO ARE STUPID TO SAY SHE IS OWNING UP TO HER
RESPONSIBLITY, WELL, PEOPLE SHE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO GO TO JAIL. THE
LAW YOU KNOW. SHE IS NOT DAM RIGHTOUS, SHE IS PARIS, SEEKING
ATTENTION, SHE LIVES OFF IT, LIKE GASOLINE IN A CAR, AND YOUR STUPID
ENOUGH TO SUPPORT HER ANTICS. ANY ADULT WHO DOES NOT SEE THIS, IS NOT
MATURE.

Deb

Power to Sarah Silverman for making the jokes. Watch any other shows, awards, Letterman, Leno, etc., all have people making jokes about others. At the awards, they are sitting in the audience. Watch Letterman, Leno, O'Brien, etc tonight and you can be dammed sure the jokes will be rolling. Big deal. The fact she puts herself out there in the clubs, etc., she's setting herself up for it. If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire.

When she was sentenced she played the "they are being unfair to me" card. Only when her new defence lawyer started writing her scripts for her, did she and her idiot mother change their tune. It was not their choice. She was told to.

Anyone who has sympathy for her needs a reality check themselves. Is you memory that short that you forgot she cried the blues and said she wasn't treated fairly in Court.

AgentM

She always has and always will look like Alice the Goon
from Popeye.
"I LOVE POPEYE"
"I LOVE POPEYE"
"I LOVE POPEYE"

Rosie the chauvinist

She did not show "dignity in adversity" until she was advised by new attorneys and when she saw the tide of public opinion against her.

I don't think that Paris realized exactly what image she has presented to the world at large or how the general public perceives her and her actions. She seems to have created her own reality, her own vision of what she is like and how loved she must be by the public, and what an inspiration she thinks she is to others.

When her sentence was first handed down, after her various parole violations, including going 70 in a 30 mph zone TMZ, driving on revoked license and lights out to avoid detection, she was angry. Have you forgotten her attempt to get a "pardon" from the governor? For this petty case? Aren't pardons reserved for serious issues?

No, only after she was hit with the truth of her own life has she put on this air of dignity and acceptance. Nobody knows if she's acting (can she act?) or feels sincere.

I really have a hard time thinking she's sincere when her family, mother, sister, are calling all this such an injustice. Indeed it is not an injustice.

Harvey Levin is milking this for all it's worth to him, of course. Just saw him on Fox News bragging on being the first to get the story of her going to jail early. The supposition is that he's paid off informers to get info.

Harvey says he thinks poor Paris is mistreated. So I'm wondering what is in this for Harvey? The Hilton family will be eternally grateful for his support? Payola? Huh?

Harvey needs to get his facts straight. She did some serious stuff, basically thumbed her nose at the court. Her mother should be behind bars, too, for her outrageous courtroom behavior.

I'll be the first to be happy for Paris Hilton if she will turn her life around, cut out the sex crap which makes her look so bad, cut out the cat fights with other women (looks juvenile and foolish), and turns her life to some good purpose. She's not a child nor a "young person." She's a young adult in her mid twenties.

With great wealth comes great responsibility. She needs to dump that Simple Life show. I saw an episode this week and it's stupid, nasty, pointless.

Paris, do something REAL. I'm willing to change my opinion of you if you show me something real, become a real person, not a figurine.

ky baby 213

i am not a big paris fan, but hopefully when she gose to jail, she will realize what the real world is like! I think it takes alot of guts to go out in the public like that and to sit there and listen to all the ridicule and greef people give her!She may just surprise us all in the future, in a good way. This may really be what she needed to turn her life around towards the right direction. Everyone is like paris your a whore, just relax people, seriously! we all make mistakes, yes she is a celeb and should be treated like a regular person in jail!

Sues

Hey Paris - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - HAHAHAHAHAHA - HA! Like I said on the other board - the bible thing didn't work for you just as the red sting around Madonna's wrist didn't work for her either. But you might want to call her and ask how she does it anyway. Some things work, some don't..

BUT THAT BIBLE THING FOR YOU IS LIKE PUTTING PERFUME ON A PIG.

whocares

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE IN YOUR LIFE? WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW YOU OR GIVE A DAMN IF YOU DIED IN A HOLE SOMEWHERE OR NOT? PARIS HAS DONE PLENTY. SHE IS A SMART BUSSINESSWOMAN WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE MONEY. THAT'S MORE THAN YOU CAN SAY.

536. THE PEOPLE ON THE BOARDS WHO DEFEND HER, HAVE NO LIFE OR COMMON
SENSE.SHE HAS DONE NOTHING ON HER OWN IN LIFE, EXCEPT TAKE, TAKE,
TAKE,AND FOR THE ONES WHO ARE STUPID TO SAY SHE IS OWNING UP TO HER
RESPONSIBLITY, WELL, PEOPLE SHE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO GO TO JAIL. THE
LAW YOU KNOW. SHE IS NOT DAM RIGHTOUS, SHE IS PARIS, SEEKING
ATTENTION, SHE LIVES OFF IT, LIKE GASOLINE IN A CAR, AND YOUR STUPID
ENOUGH TO SUPPORT HER ANTICS. ANY ADULT WHO DOES NOT SEE THIS, IS NOT
MATURE.

Posted at 6:10PM on Jun 4th 2007 by PLEASE

reality check

If you do the crime you should do the time like everyone else. What if she killed someones child while she was driving drunk. Get real people without her money she is just like us and there are people who lose their entire lives for driving drunk. She is no exception to the rules!!!!!

Sues

OMG! Silverman was great! I just googled Sarah Silverman disses Paris video and listened to the whole thing - GREAT - and not a moment too soon!. I am glad someone has the chutzpah to tell that nasty girl Paris what most of us think and feel about her - THE KEY WORD IS MOST - so don't get all jumpy now.

And Paris we all know you're not going to change. Please get off the airwaves and stop trying to sing and act cute and innocent (well we ALL know you really are NOT) and stop thinking that something, anything you do is important or ever will be. Princess Diana who had more money, style, and class than you or your mother ever thought money could buy, did more in her short tragic life than you will ever do in a dozen lifetimes. You are a terrible influence on any generation and if I were a younger mother I would block anything on the TV that showed you on it.

Just do the right thing and go away - FAR AWAY.

And remember - you toting that Bible around is like putting perfume on a pig - not to mention sacriligious in some circles.

Rose

LOL...her mug shot is funny. She looks like she is in a modeling shoot! Somebody please tell her it's a mugshot!

Deb

If Silverman was so rude, why was it the whole audience which has many of her "peers" cheering and clapping. That speaks volumes as to what they really think of Paris -- the nobody.

just asking

she wont change much.

if she could just calm down some.,stick to her own man, find your own man , stop fighting in public with girlfriends, keep your opinions to your self. go away for 3 years, stop making up stupid statements like" It's Hot", get off tv and find something constructive to do., don't have choldren ever........ please

Previous 15 Comments | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments