Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

bob

You people at Viacom are absolutely repulsive to allow such trash like Sarah Silverman to host the Movie Awards and say such tasteless and vile jokes about Paris Hilton. How dare you people endorse such deplorable behavior towards a person down on their luck. It figures, after your wonderful display of Janet Jackson's breast at the Super Bowl Half Time Show that the FCC fined you people for...a staged scandal that ALL OF YOU WERE IN ON AT VIACOM AND MTV NETWORKS! Shame on you!

Shame on Sumner Redstone for allowing this all to transpire under his watchful eye!

This company is even worse than when I was an employee a few years back and it keeps getting worse by the second. You people should really be ashamed of yourselves. MTV has become a joke of a network, with TRL not even live anymore and moving to a time slot (1pm) set up for soap opera addicts, housewives and the elderly, I think TRL is on its way to being canceled in my opinion. Let's not forget the endless slew of crappy reality shows and reruns of VH1 and CW shows like Top Model and Charm School. CORNY! Get your own shows and play some MUSIC VIDEOS FOR A CHANGE hence the name MUSIC TELEVISION. You people are ridiculous at MTV and VIACOM....I AM SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I DONT WORK THERE ANYMORE. I WOULD BE SO ASHAMED TO TELL PEOPLE WHERE I WORKED IF I WAS STILL THERE WITH YOU PEOPLE BECAUSE OFTHE WAY YOUR COMPANY HAS BECOME.

SHAME ON YOU MTV AND VIACOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAME

I can't wait to see the first photo of her eating a bolgna sandwich!!!

That's Hot!!

LAME

Michael - I heard she's already producing a line of orange jumpsuits with matching cuffs.

Petite

PARIS IS A WHORE! Stop showing respect for her!

I wouldn't even hang out with someone like her; I'd be worried people might think I'm a whore, too!

Her sexual ESCAPADES (a usually adventurous action that runs counter to approved or conventional conduct) ARE FAR BEYOND THE NORM.

SHE'S A WHORE, SHE'S BEEN A WHORE FOR YEARS!

christine

poor little rich girl,she gets a dui and goes to jail, micheal jackson rapes little boys and go to japan.whats up with that

Katee

Maybe mom could keep her company. Solitary IS probably best - at least for the roommate. I wouldn't want to be locked in a 4x8 with Paris for 23 days nonstop. That would be worse than anything I can imagine. It's surprising that she wore her prom dress and hair extensions. She must have been so upset by the MTV skit that she went in right away.

By the way people, it's COULD HAVE - not COULD OF, WOULD HAVE - not WOULD OF, and SHOULD HAVE - not SHOULD OF. Too many people do this and it drives me crazy.

christine

her mom and dad are probley so proud of her.

Carsten Overgaard

I hope that she will able to catch up with her old life after the prisontime. After all it was not her first time in prison. She did time at CEDU without trial and conviction years ago and unlike a lot of those illegal jailed teenagers she did not commit suicide after being locked up.

As a Dane I have not seen anything odd in her behavior. What she does - partied and drinking - is something most teenagers in Denmark do from they are about 13 years of age to 18 years of age before they mature up and becomes responsible adults.

Perhaps that is the problem with her. Being robbed of normal teenager behavior never allowed her to mature. It would be a shame if such a behavior should start with prisontime and end with prisontime. So Paris: Keep your head up, do your time as victim for this Christian crusade and continue to party when you are out.

You will forever stay as rolemodel for your youth.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

SHAME ON YOU MTV AND VIACOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

SHAME ON YOU MTV AND VIACOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lency

Allie, you are what is wrong with America today! To even put talent and Paris Hilton in the same sentence makes you just as dumb and naive as her. Paris doesn't sing she can hold a tune but that is not singing. Anyone can sound good with creative equipment. You will never see her live in concert. As far as writing a book she doesn't have to, people do it for her. She might be cute but looks are not everything, look at how it's helping her now.

LAME

HEY VIACOM BITCH!!!

IF YOU HAVE A BEEF WITH VIACOM/MTV THEN GO THERE!!!

TMZ readers are not impressed with your attempts of sabotaging their good name - BUH-BYE!

christine

she should be thankfull she is in jail and not in prisen,she could have killed someone while driving drunk.lets not forget that.

Hello Kitty

Sarah Silverman has nailed Paris twice on MTV for the world to see & enjoy.

Maybe being alone for so long will drive her crazy or be the kick in the ass she needs.

She should have had a cell mate and had to live among the rest of law breakers.

Connie

I think she's been humbled.

*Now*, if they would crack down on celeb underage drinking...