Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Tim S. will burn in hell for holding hatred JESUS FORGIVES BUT YOU CANT SO YOU ARE CAST UNTO THE FIERY PITS OF HELL AND INTO

"THE RING OF FIRE

AND IT BURNS BURNS BURNS

THE RING OF FIRE" -Johnny Cash

Elaine

I don't hate Paris. I do believe that she is a spoiled adult brat and has been led to believe that she is above the law. She is not above the law and I sincerely hope she will serve all 23 days in jail. She could have killed someone. DUI is very serious.

Clinton

Paris is a drama-queen, as is her mother. They wanted no media-circus but made sure that their window was down for a last "photo-op". In this case, the nut really didn't fall too far from the tree. Shame on her parents, it's fairly clear where she's gotten her manipulating ways from.

Rufeg

Ah well, have a nice time girlie. Let it be known that your unfortunate, self inflicted personal circumstances amuse us greatly in Australia. You've made every 1-inch by 1-inch news article in the country. Now that's hot!

Your mother must be so proud, showing off her newly crowned little jailbird daughter to the world. Love the window-down action and the crocodile tears. What a show, hope you're out on parole before the Oscars come around. Wouldn't want you to miss you accepting your raspberry.

You are a shallow, frothing, straving rude head. And that's about it really. Enjoy!! And don't forget to smile matey - say cheese!

Clinton

Paris deserves more than what she's getting. I can see the law suits now for people demanding their "equal treatment" under the law. Has the bar been raised or lowered?

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Tim S. Lee Karrie and Ra were hired by Dina Lohan to help with her reality show "Momager" where she tries to turn Lindsay Lohan's two youngest siblings, Dakota and Aliana into stars, all while her 20 year old sits in REHAB AGAIN. "MOMAGER" premieres this fall.

TIM LEE KARRIE RA ALL ARE DINA LOHAN"S HENCHMEN DO NOT TRUST THEM

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

MetalWater go write a letter to your mom asking her why youre pathetic behind was born LOL

Clinton

She's obviously hurting,.....for an entourage.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

I'm a homosexual I have slept with Mario Lavandeira Perez H The queen of all media he sux in bed :(

Carsten Overgaard

Ylva.

We have chosen not to reduce the number of convictions of DUI in our country. Our strategy are to learn out youth of the effects of alcohol before they get access to a car. It works regardless if the youth is 13 or older - they just have to try out what alcohol does to their system before they can kill others with a car.

Alcohol is also used to integrate immigrants. The minute they decide to sit down with us and eat pork and drink a beer, they are no longer immigrants. They are integrated Danes, which are always welcome in our country. A lot of your firms have found out that due to our relaxed laws, we are hardworking people. That is why they have chosen to invest in our products. If you disagree, then campain for a stop for investment in Danish firms.

I have also to stress out another point. In Denmark some people are above the law - stated in our laws. Does it mean that they breaks the law all time - No, they don't. They know that being above the law makes you a role-model.

Of course you will find out, that like your country money does matter when it comes to the law. Poor people in your country ends up being put to death. Poor people in my country ends up with their name on the frontpage before they gets 10 or 15 years for murder. Rich people my country serve their time secretly with their names banned from publishing og they are often out after serving 2/3 of their time.

Somehow you have a motivation for people to work hard. In my country it secures you regarding the law. It works the same way in your country. For some reason a lot of people are prepared to pay a lot of money to have her partying or participating in a TV-show. So she is hard working in her line of business. Should she not be rewarded?

I am proud of my country. I am proud of the fact that we educate our youth to party before they are adults. It is called "hygge" in Danish. If we can spread of the word around the world, you will see that your children will trust you and confide to you of their problems instead of being scared of you. Perhaps you will even start to save lives.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Come on guys, let's give the woman a break a let her do her time. People learn lessons in life, Will and I teach our children Jaden and Willow the power of forgiveness and renewal of spirit through life's teachings of experience and wisdom. So let's stop all the hating!

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Kerrie and Sandy, look how immature you both are acting over a woman you claim to detest. What does that say about who the two of you are as human beings? Not much, it seems. Sorry, the truth hurts girlfriends!

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Come on guys, let's give the woman a break and let her do her time. People learn lessons in life, Will and I teach our children Jaden and Willow the power of forgiveness and renewal of spirit through life's teachings of experience and wisdom. So let's stop all the hating!

Clinton

Paris-ite is learning just how infamous she really is. She's a detested joke in every "talent" she's pursued, and is beginning to realize that the ones who enabled her fantasies were those who wished to capitalize on her father's wealth, "yes-men". She was foolish enough to believe in her own marketed "image", thinking it to represent what people REALLY thought of her.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

RufOz, you need some sensitivity training. I think you need to stay in Australia. I don't want my kids exposed to your hatred from your country.