Shemar Moore DUI -- The Young & Arrested

6/4/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that actor Shemar Moore was arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of DUI in Los Angeles.

According to the CHP arrest report obtained by TMZ, the former "Young and the Restless" star was pulled over after officers noticed the actor speeding near Santa Monica Blvd. at 1:30 AM. After he was stopped, cops reported that Moore "displayed signs of alcohol impairment and a DUI investigation was conducted." Moore was then arrested and transported to a nearby station, where he took a breath test and was later booked.

Moore, who currently stars in "Criminal Minds," was released a few hours later on $5000 bail.

Calls to Moore's rep were not immediately returned.

Celeb mugshots gallery: click to launch gallery

Related

Document

The Arrest Report

Naughty but nice :)

I agree with #2 yummy :)

dearlydead

I have always been a fan of Mr. Moore because of his talent, his good looks, and he always seened like someone who had a good head on his shoulders. I thought he was a good role model. I have never been so disappointed in anyone. I am no longer a fan.

Naughty but nice :)

Now, what woman wouldn't want to strip search that?

Roxanne Wood

OMG, Every celeb. in LA has a DUI. What the freak is going on? Are they all drinking until the sun comes up or is this newly (barely )exploited source of revenue for the city of LA. I guess if the cops can't beat the brains out of the good citizens of LA they will just hand out DUI's like breath mints.

Well, if Shemar needs some consoling I'd be more than happy to rush to his house with a nice bottle of Sonoma wine. LoL

monique

Wait a minute, #45. How do we know this isn't an isolated incident? You've never heard anything like this before. Let's not label the man an alcoholic based on the limited information that has been presented here.

catheadmoon

so too our the days of our lives

just asking

don't blame the 2 glass wine glass. If it was one glass the law is the law.

I'm glad they arw enforcing the drink law in the clubs and restaurants with the celeb and rich under age in los angeles.

glynne1964

When I heard this, all I could think is why?? I thought he'd be smarter than those dumba$$e$ Paris, Nicole, Britney & Lindsay. Shemar, why did you do this? :-( Stooping to their level of stupidity. I hope like hell he learns faster. Do what you need to correct this, Shemar. Be a man. You're hot & talented, don't throw it away!

NubianGoddez

This is getting ridiculous are they doing these DUI"S as publicity stunts?? I mean how many of these morons are going to get caught driving drunk?? I mean this is clearly and epidemic or pandemic sweeping LA.

flour

I read that he was only going 65 mph. Give me a break. I guess there saying if Paris is going down so is everybody else.

christine

how is it that these people dont just get a room next to the bar and sleep it off. I dont care how good looking he is , he wont look so hot when he is dead.

Steve

Ok folks here is how it is...this is coming from a former DUI enforcement officer. We do not nor did we ever target one particular individual or car. The facts are this...if you drive a red or yellow car and you are speeding of course you draw more attention to yourself just like motorists pay more attention to red or yellow emergency vehicles. If you are speeding you draw more attention to yourself no matter what color your car is, who you are, or what you do for a living. It takes more than two drinks to make your BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration) go over the .08% limit(of course you have to allow for the size of and type of drink you are consuming...large beers as opposed to drinks with hard liquor). The rule of thumb is approx. .015% per drink with slight variables dependent on food intake, medications, your height and weight and individual differences in metabolism. Therefore if you are at a drinking or eating establishment and consume 3-4 large beers or three to four mixed drinks you probably need to wait at least an hour before venturing out on the roads. Have a cup of coffee and dessert if at a restaurant or call a friend or cab. No one held a gun to your held and made you drink. There is no difference between consuming excessive amounts of alcohol and picking up a gun and firing wildly into a crowd of people. Sometimes all the bullets miss and sometimes they don't. Its the same way with driving while intoxicated. You may not mean to hit someone with your car, but if you're drinking and drive and get involved in an accident you may kill yourself or some innocent person. The cost of a DUI is in the thousands. Think of that next time you dont want to pay a cabbie 30 or 40 bucks or endure the good natured grief of a friend or "crap" you'll endure from your wife when you call her to tell her you had one too many with the guys and need a ride a home. It beats the heck out of fines, court costs, going to jail, your car impounded, driver's license restrictions, increase in auto insurance rates, public embarrassment and humiliation, need I keep going? These points are in no way all inclusive but hit some of the high points in things to remember when going out to "par-tay" with your friends. Now lets all be safe out there.

Jai

So what I want to know is everybody out there posting innocent of having NEVER had a drink and then driving? I'm not saying that you were drunk, but one drink can cause a slight bit of impairment, making you a hazard on the road. Maybe Shemar didn't feel like he was drunk because he didn't have that much, but with the DUI tests, it would come up that he was at or over the limit! Give him a break! This is the first time we've heard anything negative about him.

By the way, he's not gay! Access Hollywood was doing a thing on Hollywood hunks, allowing you to write in for why you should get to date certain single celebrities. Shemar was included and they asked for LADIES!

And he has better abs than Usher!!!

conscious mind

ok,ok does anybody see the disparate treatment stars are receiving. It is so ironic that stars miracously receive DUI instead of the more serious DWI. I am willing to bet that the majority of the stars were well over the limit and should've received a DWI but you know the rules for star power--- it is sickening and dangerous

kgb

Jeeps Shemar....not you too. Please don't shatter my image of you.