An Open Letter from a Paris BFF

6/9/2007 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton, Frankie Muniz, Jennifer RoveroThe following is a letter from one of Paris Hilton's best friends:

I would like to address the media regarding one of my dearest friends, Paris Hilton. I have been by her side up until she turned herself over to authorities and the last 24 hours since being put on probation. I was also
in the courtroom [yesterday] and saw a judge hand down a sentence that NO ONE in an even remotely similar position would receive!

Sheriff Baca is coming from a place of knowledge with regard to his prisons and his prisoners well-being. We should trust in him. He is a stand up man who was voted into office. He was not being generous. He was being practical and just, and speaking from years of experience on the front lines of L.A. justice. It's clear as day that her stay has impacted her greatly.

She is a forever changed woman.

The MTV Movie Awards was merely a diversion to be able to surrender in privacy and not stir up any commotion. PERIOD. Jail was on her mind, NOT a celebration!

Also, I would like to set the record straight that there was no party in motion for this weekend. When she was released she was still very upset, to the point of being physically ill -- and partying was the furthest thing from her mind. She is a loving and sweet soul with a big heart whose character has been misjudged because she was born into a family of wealth and, yes privilege. Now, I ask you to please stop for a moment and try to analyze why it is that you are so troubled by her?

Paris HiltonSurely there is a more just way that she can atone for what she has done and not for who she is.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Rovero

Previous 15 Comments | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71

nicole

EXCUSE ME LADY--SAW YOU ON FOX NEWS- GERALDO- AND YOUR APPEARANCE DIDN'T HELP PARIS'S CAUSE..YOU PROVED YOURSELF TO BE A SNOTTY BRAT JUST LIKE PARIS, ACTUALLY, PROBABLY EVEN WORSE. LOVE WHEN GERALDO ASKED YOU TO SEND PARIS A MESSAGE IN CASE SHE WAS WATCHING AND YOU SNOTTILY SHOT BACK "UM! LIKE I DONT THINK SHE WOULD BE WATCHING THIS!" HA. YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND WHO CARES IF PARIS MADE A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR YOUR SON???? THAT MAKES HER A SAINT? HAPPENS EVERY DAY IN THE REAL WORLD. LADY, YOU ARE OUT OF TOUCH AND I LOVE THAT THIS LETTER AND YOUR TV APPEARANCE JUST ADDED FUEL TO THE FIRE FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE PARIS.

dgriff0713

SOME ROLE MODEL.... Paris you have no room to say its not fair to get 45 behind bars anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE else you'd get slammed with at least 90 first offense maybe more for the continuous suspended license violations. Using celebrity status should not benefit you in any way if anything it should harshen the penalty. Why, because you make millions of dollars for doing next to nothing. Lesson for you DON'T DRIVE DRUNK, and dont expect too much pity from real people we're not as fortunate like you to try and windle our way out of trouble with money and fame

Natasha

you people seriously need to grow up...do you think she (the woman who wrote this) cares what YOU think...who are you anyways...i read that they put paris back in prison to help people put faith back into the justice system...if you people want faith back into your justice system, impeach your five-year-old-for-a-brain PRESIDENT!!!

David Strickland

Paris Hilton is a skank who thinks she is so much better than anyone else. Why should she spend any less time in jail than anyone else? I am a military veteran who would be afforded no consideration if I did the same thing even though I have stood less than 2 miles from comminists in Korea who wanted me dead. I have been stationed 110 miles INSIDE communist Germany and they wanted me dead too. Put a rifle in this spoiled bitch's hands and let her live like I have. She is no better than anyone else no matter what she and her skank friends believe. I have friends who have done more time in jail for lesser offenses. Maybe if their families were rich and famous they would have gotten off easier. So for all you people who think Paris Hilton deserves special treatment, you can all kiss my butt and get off her payroll.

K in CO

Not exactly an objective source - of course a friend is going to say what a sweetheart you are! Wah, wah, wah, wah! Pffffttt!

nochatname

Poor stupid baby!!! She should have been in the limo instead of driving herself...I'm not sure I ever want her back on the road...she is after all, mentally ill, AND a dumb HO.

dd

Yea i hope u read everybody comment ms paris hitlon friend after readin dis all i can say is SHUT UP!!!!

Joanie

JENNIFER........SIMPLY, PARIS'S ATTITUDE IS WHAT'S GETTING EVERYONE CRAZY. ..THE WAY SHE SHOWED UP LATE FOR HER SENTENCE WITH A CIRCLE OF BODY GUARDS, WITH A FACE THAT LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS WEENED ON A PICKLE.......HER "SHOCK" AT THE SENTENCE, AND THEN THIS SCAM OF GOING HOME EARLY, THE TEARS AND SCREAMING.......YOU KNOW DAM WELL SHE HAD A PARTY.....THE DELIVERY TRUCKS WERE SEEN DELIVERING CUP CAKES, PIZZA, AND ALSO A TANNING HOME SERVICE........PLEEEEZ, HER "LETTER" TO HER FANS WERE DAMAGE CONTROL, AND SO IS YOUR STUPID LETTER........I WONDER HOW MUCH YOU GOT OUT OF THIS? EXPOSURE???

CK

You said "She is a loving and sweet soul with a big heart whose character has been misjudged because she was born into a family of wealth and, yes privilege."

PEOPLE ARE NOT TROUBLED BY HER BECAUSE SHE WAS BORN INTO A FAMILY OF WEALTH AND PRIVILEGE. PEOPLE ARE TROUBLED BY HER BECAUSE SHE IS OVERLY SELF-INDULGENT AND UNTIL RECENTLY, DIDN'T HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF HER ACTIONS. SHE HAS PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN TO HAVE A VERY LOOSE MORAL COMPASS. THESE ARE NOT MISJUDGEMENTS, THESE ARE OPINIONS BASED ON HER ACTIONS AND HOW SHE CONDUCTS HERSELF. NOONE IS SAYING THIS WOMAN DOESN'T HAVE A BIG HEART... I AM SURE SHE DOES, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE HER ACTIONS RIGHT.

Lori

If Paris Hilton was doing something constructive with the gifts she was given, more people would like her and not be "gleeful" that she is in jail. She has the ability to be doing so much good but she decides its better to party all the time and make fun of everyone who isnt like her. I personally am glad that I am not like her. Hey BFF! Tell Paris to grow up and take part in this world not just "her" world

work a holic

I can say for fact that Paris must be overwhelmed by jail. (i've been there and have medical problems. )But one thing is for sure Paris is only friendly to people who are her friends, as I've worked with her. and she is very dispondent towards others and smokes alot of weed. She only wants everyone to cow down to her and her needs.

Cindy

Wow, Sharon (poster 1056)...Ditto. No one has said it better yet!

CAMERA NEWS

WE ARE TIRED OF ''PRETEND WEALTHY '' PEOPLE WHO USE THE ''ACT'' TO GET
FREE SHIT!!!! INSTEAD OF WORKING HARD TO PAY/// FOR THINGS HONESTLY.
ALL YOU LOVERS,,,, SHE WOULD SPIT ON YOU....LIKE ALL HER FRIENDS...
DON'T WORSHIP STUPIDITY, USERS, COKEHEADS ECT. ARE YOU 12????????????
MUST BE ONLY THAT YOUNG...CAN BE SOOOOO BLIND

David

Anyone that wishes to see her be freed is just as stupid as she is! It was my understanding that justice was blind not blond!

Tommy Boy Ludovico

Paris prays for BRAINS because when they were passing them(brains) out she thought they said trains and she missed

Previous 15 Comments | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71