Scary Spice's Kid -- Officially Named a Murphy

6/12/2007 3:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Murphy doesn't believe he's the father, but Scary Spice Melanie Brown gave her baby daughter the name "Murphy" anyway.

TMZ has obtained an official copy of a birth certificate for Mel B's daughter Iris-Angel Murphy Brown, born April 3 in Santa Monica, Calif., months after the former Spice Girl and the comedian split. Interestingly, the section that lists the child's father has been left blank.

Cameras caught Eddie at a Beverly Hills doctor's office Monday where he was reportedly undergoing a paternity test. The "Dreamgirls" star told Dutch TV in December that any assumption that Eddie was the little girl's dad was "presumptuous," adding "I don't know whose child that is, until it comes out and has a blood test."

A rep for Murphy refused to comment on the actor's personal life.

Paging Larry Birkhead!

Who's My Daddy?!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Your Mom

Bish!

I love it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! We all knew it! Now take care of your kid Eddie!

Jemima Puddleduck

I have never been a huge Murphy fan except for donkey (hmmmm, forshadowing of his A$$ like behavior??) But his actions in this situation suck the big one. Will he say the tests were tampered with, etc if the baby is his?

What a jerk.

p1tey1

I gave Eddie Murphy credit for being a better man than this. I can't even watch his movies anymore.

Maybe that's why he didn't win the Academy Award. Jerk!

Bird

Are you posting this old ass news because you missed the paternity test shots? Too busy following Brit and Paris I guess.

catheadmoon

lifetime memberships in the united states chess federation, only one thousand dollars...

Morgan

If the baby is Eddie's, shouldn't the LAST name be Murphy, not Brown? Plus, it sounds stupid, like the TV show from the 80s.

Rich

awwwww......

hogsgal23

The father section is left blank because you can't add the father either without his consent or a paternity test

Bird

Also as you can see clearly on the birth certificate and as I suspected, the child's last name is Brown, not Murphy-Brown. Murphy is listed as the child's middle name. Furthermore, you can't got putting any father's name on your child's birth certificate all willie nillie. The dad has to sign off on that. If he is not there at the time of birth he will have to do it later unless the mother is married to the father of the child. All this trash news has you guys falling off on the serious things in life. But I bet you know what color Brit's underwear are today.

Toes!

Murphy Brown?? Are you kidding me??

Nadine

I find it humorus that the baby's last name is "Murphy-Brown" hehe

melissa

Thank you Bird!!! Murphy is the middle name ..

CA Mom

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!! Get a DNA test, and stop destroying this childs life before its starts.

Mouth_For_War

Check out the latest in music news, The Mosh Pit Diaries!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments