A Nightmare on Opri Street

6/13/2007 12:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Birkhead used an appearance on "Larry King Live" last night to compare his former lawyer, Debra Opri, to the demonic character from the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies. Flattery will get you ... to court.
"It's kind of like one of those Freddy Krueger movies when you try to get rid of somebody and they keep coming back," Birkhead said of Opri when asked about her lawsuit against him. "Carrie" might have been more fitting.

Before the interview, photogs spotted Birkhead making his way into the studio with daughter Dannielynn, curled up in a blanket in his arms.

All together now, "Awwwwww."

DesertChildAZ

#1 - Larry's love for this child is clear as day. He obviously adores her and she adores him. You cannot deny that. She's a HAPPY baby and very comfortable with Larry.
#2 - Larry holds her in whatever way appears to make her comfortable. None of you are holding her, so it's really not for you to say that he's holding her "wrong". Maybe she likes to be held that way. Maybe she wiggles less. Maybe she doesn't like to sit backwards when he's walking.
#3- He's covering her face to protect her from being SCARED by the cameras. Shove a bunch of cameras in your infant's face and he/she'll probably start screaming and get scared.
#4- Did it ever occur to anyone that Larry HAS to do these interviews to make money to PAY BACK THAT BITCH OPRI, in case his case is not judged in his favor?
#5- You people who are calling him a "freeloader" need to remember that Larry wouldn't take Anna's money or her payoff the way other people did. He had his OWN apartment that he paid for HIMSELF. He wouldn't buy Anna a 10K diamond ring because he wanted to be more practical with his money. He has proven, by his actions and his comments, that he was not comfortable taking advantage of Anna or her money. He admitted that Anna asked him to marry her early on and he refused because he said, at that time, he would have been marrying her for the wrong reasons (her celebrity, not knowing her "person"). I've listened to various celebrities in interviews and hangers on and Larry is clearly NOT a hanger on. As a matter of fact, he seems very down to earth and from a good home and good family with good ideals.

JD

I have to say my oppinon of larry is severly downgraded after reading Opri's response. Even if you say it is 1/4 true, it really made me rethink the situation (NO I still DO NOT Care for howard either).

But the imagine that Opri painted was exactly what I thought he was. Kind of made me feel dirty, thinking that I was made to think he was a 'shy, aw shucks guy:"/ Maybe it was a ploy....

Her bill might be crazy but she has a point. She was hired to do 4 things. In signed contract he agreed this was her scope of work.

1. prove paternity
2. Get the baby
3. better his image with the public
4 find the funds to do the above 3 items.

1. Check - completed
2. Check - completed
3. Check - completed
4 check - completed.

She did all 4 items. So, now she doesn't get paid, WHAT?

She was overzealous in the media - but she did get the job done.

And why did larry have a non paying renter in his house? Byron? Who the heck is he? What does he do? And why was Larry's house so filty? So, filthy that it needed a pre-screen and failed. And why was Opri paying for all this stuff, she should have cut off the funds till he paid her.

I am also VERY confused on why Larry is chummy with HKS. HKS made you beg for your kid. Now, he is the sourse of "all anna" information. Come on...that is just to wierd. No one is that big of a person to flip that quickly...it is wierd.

Any may not have been a drug addict? WHAT? Umm, she died over a lethal dose of drugs. Umm, what medical issues did she have that required all those drugs?

I really hate to say this...really I hate to say this.cause Virgie is kind of nutty. But maybe, just maybe she has a small point. Maybe someone other than HKS and Larry (or Virgie) should be watching the baby's money.

Everyone in the entire situation is to wierd to be trusted.

Some of Opri's response made sense. (even if she is a abrasive)

stuckupsnob

FORGET ABOUT THE OPRI DRAMA LARRY AND DANNIELYNN MELT MY HEART THAT LITTLE GIRL IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND LARRY LOOKS SOOOO HAPPY WITH HER THATS WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD FOCUS ON! IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES SEEING THE TWO OF THEM TOGETHER

Animal Lover

How pathetic you people are, actually criticizing how Larry is holding Dannielynn??!!!! Wow.....go get a life please!
Larry I loved the interview on Larry King last night, the hour went so fast. Glad you are happy and you have your beautiful little girl....she's an angel, it breaks my heart to think that Anna will never see her beautiful smile. But life goes on, I just wish you all the best, you're doing a wonderful job...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY LARRY!!!!!

Mary T.

61. OMG - you people are something else. So, he holds the baby funny - that makes him a BAD person????? Good grief - he has had to get used to holding a baby in the last 2 months - give the guy a break,. The baby is adorable and happy - you can tell he adores her. Leave them alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
He seems very awkward and scared with her. I just think parenting classes would be a good thing......AND anyone that agrees she should be taking this 9 month old baby on the talk show circuit is CRAZY...I don't know if he's a bad person...I only know what I hear him say and see what he does......

Kate

You can see where there's an open space for DL to breathe under that blanket. Larry's not smothering her.

I don't know why people are so down on the way Larry holds her. Some babies like to be held facing out and not in. He held her faacing him on LKL and she kept trying to turn around and see behind her. She's a curious baby who wants to take it all in, and Larry (and Howard before him) understood that and accomadated her. Good for them, for noticing her preference and taking her feelings into consideration.

jollyrancher

I wish Larry would not have had a blanket over his daughter's face like that. Now everyone is going to make some ugly comments on how he was trying to suffocate her. I hope he can find some peace and move far away with his cutie baby girl and raise her to be normal.

trinity911

Oh ffs, Larry doesn't HAVE to do these interviews. If he needs money to pay bills, he should perhaps explore the novel concept of getting a job.

And if he is above that, and need to whore the baby out to pay bills, then maybe the baby would be better off with someone else.

I've read many posts since this whole fiasco started that said DL would be better off to be adopted by people who have nothing to do with this mess. I finally agree with them.

James

Kate

I have seen evidence that Howard K. Stern's ugly sister said Howard was going to help Larry get Opri disbarred. Look it up!

Why don't you provide a link - and not to some blogger spreading rumors, but to something legitimate. Anybody can say there is evidence and that we should look it up, but not everyone can back up what they say. Maybe you'll say you don't want to waste your time providing a link (HA) well, we don't want to waste our time looking up something that doesn't exist.

You've seen the evidence. that's not good enough. Show us the evidence.

LIN WOOD LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ABUSER HIMSELF!

LARRY, BECAREFUL! YOU KEEP HOLDING THE BABY LIKE IN THE PICTURE you will SUFFOCATE HER SOME DAY. LEARN, LEARN THE RIGHT WAY. Don't ask killer Stern how to do it cause he didn't know how to hold her either. He only knows how to destroy people's life.

Larry, keep away from that criminal please. Dannielynn is such a precious little angel she doesn't diserve to be around the one who killed her mommy and brother. Do the right thing Larry, for the baby's lifetime sake. DO YOU REALLY LOVE HER?? Hope you thruthfully do.

Apple

Brace yourselves

Reality show coming this fall!

blabs

She was overzealous in the media - but she did get the job done.
_______________

She DID NOT. The Bahamian attorney did all the work. She just went on TV a lot, filed a few papers, and basked in the spotlight. You think she should be paid for THAT? She didn't accomplish a thing except get her own name out there.

Mary T.

85. Does anyone else recognize the similarities in Larry publicly bashing Opri and Larry publicly bashing Anna? The off-again on-again relationship that Birkhead and ANS had, demonstrated a very emotionally immature Larry Birkhead. Yes, I know, Anna was emotionally stunted as well, but Anna is dead, and we are now seeing the true Larry Birkhead and have a pretty good idea why she ran to the Bahamas to get away from him. And THIS, is not Howard's fault.

*******************************Exactly, When they showed the clip from last January when he was on LK with Opri..he was bad mouthing Anna...when it finished....he said that's what I mean something I will have to explain to Dannielynn.....Well there's hundreds of things like this in the archives that she will see.

James

I do believe Birkhead will do the right thing with Danniylynn, but I also think she will soon cramp his style. He wasn't that good of a paparazzi to begin with, so that is all but over. If he is gay, babies that are high maintenance do not fit in that scenario. I don't think Birkhead ever wanted custody, just wanted to be recognized as the father. With everything that happened, I don't think he really gave much thought to what being a full-time parent would mean to his life. He couldn't even settle down with Anna.

This baby would be better off with Howard.