The Game to NYC Judge: I Won't Play Ball

6/13/2007 5:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jayceon Taylor aka "The Game" was in NYC criminal court today, answering to charges that he impersonated an undercover police officer late last year.

The Game rejected a Manhattan prosecutor's offer of a guilty plea for a sentence of time already served (the few hours in the precinct when he was booked). Edison Alban, spokesman for the Manhattan D.A.'s office tells TMZ, "He declined the deal through his lawyers. He was also in court but didn't address the judge or say anything else." Criminal impersonation in the 2nd degree carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

The rapper was arrested last November after he told a cab driver that he was an undercover police officer -- and persuaded him to run a few red lights. He allegedly rode in the cab after an appearance on "The Late Show with David Letterman." The cabbie drove about 13 blocks before he was pulled over by police.

how sad

Not sure who this guy is...but throw his ass in jail for impersonating
a cop.

Don't touch my bikini

He better hope his judge ain't a Mets fan with that Dodgers ink on his face.

Rich

ANY rapper, person who listens to rap, person who purchases rap, person who posseses rap, person who professes a taste for rap, or person who professes a taste for a person who professes a taste for rap should be jailed for the remainder of their natural life! (only if there is a power outage at the state pen that has disabled the use of the electric chair)

lucky

Sounds like a dumb ass thug to me. Throw him in jail and lose the key. DUMB ASS

dude

Don't know who he is? Let him play his game in jail.

frankenleg

this asshole did not take the guilty plea, b/c he wants to retain his "GANGSTA ASS " IMAGE. tYPICAL ASSHOLE RAPPER JERKOFF, THAT THINKS THIS IS ACCEPTABLE. sO DO HIS IGNORANT IMPRESSIONABLE SHEEP FANS.

I know

As a Black woman I say Please show an example using him.

Please show you can't be WILD and UNREFINED keep your millions and keep on stepin.

These young guys are leaving the HOOD and not being able to FUNCTION in society.

How many times does THE GAME have to get into incidents and he's 34--PATHETIC

I DO NOT want them as the face of my race. I DO NOT want situations like CAM'RON going on NATIONAL television and looking like an INARTICULATE, WILD, LAWLESS --RETARD.

It's time to STAND UP positive black people, The SPOTLIGHT is shining.

He's Boring now

This guy reminds me of why I read the book by Black Author Juan Williams entitled "Enough".

Enough of the bad examples for the Black Race that the news media, the public and gossip sites just love to keep playing out, as if every Black person supports this kind of behaviour.

Game can have fun in the NY courtroom, seems to me he has a date in a California courtroom for assualt and weapons charges in a School Zone. He wants to dummy up and act cool in the face of Judicial authority, as if thats taking a stand, he'll find out soon most Judges dont go for that baloney from any color or background of a person.

sabre07

He WANTS to go to jail. Gives a rapper more "cred" (gag).

I say put him in for life, get the last laugh!

Truth Born

You people are truly a-holes to the 1000th degree
The cab driver is blaming game for him running red lights.
If you look at the details in both cases its he say she say.
the police did not catch game impersonating a police nor did they catch him pulling a gun and threatening anyone. he being charged in both cases because someone said he did something. I guess that the price you pay for being famous and it's adouble wammy if you are black.

Peace the word was SPOKEN

mrs jayceon taylor to be

why would anyone want somone to go to jail - he just had a baby in april he's a father of two - if he was guilty he'd admit it and get the least sentence he can - wouldnt risk not beign with his family for "cred" in the rap world

along with his criminal threat charges sure him and his family have enough to worry about - he's a really down to earth good person and i know if i wasnt guilty i wouldnt say i am just to slip through the system

SUPER-ficial

I hate the Cosby Show . . it's amazing to me the racial undertone as soon as an african american "celebrity", if you will, exercises bad judgement.

Enough Already!

Wheres Al Sharpton to stick up for this loser?

HitemUp

#11, you base your worth and the worth of your race on how much puusy you can get?
Do you not have anything more useful to offer this world than how many times you can score? I would hate to meet the skeezes you are actually hooking up with. Just because someone doesn't like to sleep with skanky ho's, doesn't mean they are any less of a man.
Why don't you go back to school and find something useful to do with your life rather than just talk smack.

Oh I forgot, the Game is your hero....I am sure he has your back and all that. Go buy a few more of his CD's and show him your support. He is going to need it when he is rotting in jail for being a dumbass.

dude

All you BROTHA"s defending this grease spot are as useless as he is.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments