Candy to Britney: It's No Pap Smear

6/16/2007 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear Britney:

You made me do it. I didn't plan to write another letter now. I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

You've driven me back to my laptop to ask why, if you have to slither in and out of cars, do clumsy imitations of gymnasts and wear clothes that are just too tight, trashy or skimpy, do you have to pose in front of photographers all the time? We've seen the body parts, poses and clumsy attention-seeking tricks before. You're wearing out your welcome. Some people never can turn away from a train wreck, so who can blame the photographers for waiting for your next one? Do you really want captions such as TMZ's own "Victim of Pap Smear" and "Does Britney Change Clothes for Cash" to be your legacy? You can do much better.

Unlike some others who are famous for being famous, you initially earned the fame and respect you achieved. You were a giant star, a Mouseketeer, a singer whose song titles became part of everyone's vocabulary. You made some missteps. We all do. But, when you become more famous for hideous, irresponsible actions than accomplishments, it's time to step back and figure out where you want your life to go. So many young girls still see you as a role model. Give those kids a reason to look up to you. They're probably even tired of the endless speculation about what undergarments you may or may not be wearing. I know their parents would like you to move on and get dressed. Even the school uniform was more dignified.

You're doing all right with the wigs. I know the paparazzi have a bounty on your (wigless) head. I think it's great that you have a variety of wigs (some very stylish) when you go out in public. If you do feel you need to show how your hair is growing back, at least make a deal with a photographer to sell the photo and donate the money to charity. Do you know what a statement that would make?

Enough with the sorry grabs for attention. Deep down, especially for your sons, people want you to succeed. You can always get attention if you need it. Visit someone famous in jail and attract a zillion photographers if you're that addicted to fame. Americans like winners. We like those stories about what people do with second chances. How about a moratorium on train wrecks and some time out for paying back the fans who helped you succeed?

Best,

Candy Spelling

Paris is a spoiled brat

I love her!!! She's dead on every time. I love that she has the nerve to speak out when others want to, but decline to say anything. Everyone is thinking the same thing, but doesn't say it.

uuuhhooohh!!!

No one is INTERESTED in Britney "flashing" anymore. Boring. Seen it all. Washed up and saggy!

MAYBE, shes flashing for Federline. Lokking for HIS attention. Doesn't have mine.

nyc

I'm not even Jewish but I was sooo offended by the the comment by stretcharmstrong...

zeezee

Candy, If you were a young pop star wanting to give a good friend advice, cool. An older woman who is famous because she married someone rich, giving advice to others who she obviously doesn't know, or even know that much about, cracks me up. Why don't you start a charm school or something. A charm school for famous people. You already have Joe, Brittany and Paris as students. Could Lindsay be far behind..........Teach them how to dress, exit a limo, speak, not smoke, drink, get tatooes, piercings.......

Amber

Not that it's was her place to do so, but Candy wrote what all of us where thinking. She actually showed more restraint than most of us would have.

And for those of you who criticize Tori's behavior and point to her mother as the reason why, just remember this: Tori doesn't even come close to being the attention whore that Lindsay/Paris/Britney/Nicole are. When was the last time you saw Tori coming out of a nightclub? One the red carpet? At a swag party? Lindsay has had more pictures of her published warming up for exercise WHILE IN REHAB than I have seen of Tori this month!

Yeah, I thought so.

Helen Z

It's about time someone said it! Maybe Brit will listen and finally put on some clothes that fit her and if we are really lucky - THROW AWAY THE BROWN BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jsh

Candys letters are just a prelude to her wanting a celeb career. She is testing the waters with her letters to various celebutaunts. In no time we will find out she has her own reality show coming out. Love Tori!!!!!!!!!!!!

bunni

I enjoy Candy's letters!

crystal bones

Britney needs some lessons in decorum. She's athletic and a dancer.
She should know how to get in and out of cars without showing off.

People do not respect her already. She is acting trashy.

Even a multi-millionairess needs class.

Mesa

Who cares about Britney any longer...........................NO ONE!

We couldn't care less if she made ANOTHER crappie CD, jumped off a building, or walked outside stark naked (by the way all parts of her anatomy have been exposed, and we all know what the tart's body looks like)

Her mother Lynn Spears only looked at her daughter as her meal ticket, and was no example or help to her. How could she be white trash begets white trash.
Britney is tabloid trash. And there will always be someone ready to take the picture or want to sensationalize TRASH, (look at those stories about a 2 headed alien found in the Midwest or other stupid stories) And that is what Britney has become....a tabloid freak

erica

this comment is for mrs spelling.who the hell are you to comment on anything anyone does. you are a complete waste of air space . it least mrs spears made her own money bye working. can you say the same! maybe that is what you need to do mrs.spelling get a job and then maybe you will not have as much time on your hands. people already dislike you for the things you have done to your daughter and now they are going to hate you more. stick to the things you know spending money and getting hitched for money. you are a non -working member in this society so really you should have no say.

el,jacksonville fl

Nanc

Why does Candy keep sticking her nose in everbodys business? She has no right to talk about anyone else! She got her money from he Aaron and would be no one if she didn't marry into wealth. She can't even keep a relationship with Tori!!!!!! She needs to get her OWN life.

nychotgirl

I agree with Candy. Sounds like a true mom. Britney could be a super star again, if only she would listen to the people who truly care about her and stop acting like a dumb a*s.

Behind the HardRock

I'm starting to understand why Tori created NoTorious to communicate with you. Did you send letters to her school to have the principal read them over the PA system telling Tori to clean her room?

Candy, you're sometimes right but what's with your penchant for public lectures?

Dee

I think Candy is 100% on the money with this one, however I also think it's waste of time. Britney is a has-been tramp and there is no way she's gonna change. I've been enjoying her train wreck , confirms everything I've always thought about her, always known her sweet innocent act was just that -an act. When Paris gets out of jail why don't the two of you disapear together, the world would not miss you.