Candy to Britney: It's No Pap Smear

6/16/2007 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear Britney:

You made me do it. I didn't plan to write another letter now. I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

You've driven me back to my laptop to ask why, if you have to slither in and out of cars, do clumsy imitations of gymnasts and wear clothes that are just too tight, trashy or skimpy, do you have to pose in front of photographers all the time? We've seen the body parts, poses and clumsy attention-seeking tricks before. You're wearing out your welcome. Some people never can turn away from a train wreck, so who can blame the photographers for waiting for your next one? Do you really want captions such as TMZ's own "Victim of Pap Smear" and "Does Britney Change Clothes for Cash" to be your legacy? You can do much better.

Unlike some others who are famous for being famous, you initially earned the fame and respect you achieved. You were a giant star, a Mouseketeer, a singer whose song titles became part of everyone's vocabulary. You made some missteps. We all do. But, when you become more famous for hideous, irresponsible actions than accomplishments, it's time to step back and figure out where you want your life to go. So many young girls still see you as a role model. Give those kids a reason to look up to you. They're probably even tired of the endless speculation about what undergarments you may or may not be wearing. I know their parents would like you to move on and get dressed. Even the school uniform was more dignified.

You're doing all right with the wigs. I know the paparazzi have a bounty on your (wigless) head. I think it's great that you have a variety of wigs (some very stylish) when you go out in public. If you do feel you need to show how your hair is growing back, at least make a deal with a photographer to sell the photo and donate the money to charity. Do you know what a statement that would make?

Enough with the sorry grabs for attention. Deep down, especially for your sons, people want you to succeed. You can always get attention if you need it. Visit someone famous in jail and attract a zillion photographers if you're that addicted to fame. Americans like winners. We like those stories about what people do with second chances. How about a moratorium on train wrecks and some time out for paying back the fans who helped you succeed?

Best,

Candy Spelling

Britney is CRAZY!

I wish we could ALL write open letters to Brit and tell her how sick we are of her skanky ass. Maybe then she would realize she is making an ass out of herself. (Maybe).

Franny

You know, when I first read her letters, I couldn't believer her audacity and thought her to be ridiculous. Was she four scotches to the wind? But, I have to admit, she's kind of starting to grow on me as a Mother Hen of Hollywood's Young-Moronic-and-Guideless Set. She's definitely seen it all, and, like her or not, her letters do impart (albeit obvious) wisdom in a pretty pleasant but unyielding manner. It's doubtful her message is getting through to the right people, but, hey - at least, it is getting out there at all. If any of us wrote this letter, TMZ wouldn't be posting it. So, kuddos to her for getting all our thoughts posted in a fairly eloquently way.

recovery101Fan

Candy, I am in agreement with you 100%. Someone older has to make a statement here. These young women who have been in the tabs lately will end up dying from self abuse (drugs, booze, spiritual, physical, mental). The choices they make now will have a deepening affect later on. When they are has-beens, they will feel much regret that they didn't receive an education to fall back on. What is in their brains? The seeds were planted when their parents were raising them. A huge responsibility.

recovery101Fan

To #3 your racial comment has no room on this column

gam

Well. We have some rain in Paris and nothing great to do outside so, and i say "What could I do this afternoon. Ok... Direction TMZ".
And finally, i found a letter from Candy Spelling for Britney. The rain push me to read on TMZ website. And for Candy, what is the leitmotiv ? She got money and everything she want. Why did she wrote opening letters for TMZ ? She talk about paps. She look like one of them.... Did you paid this letters or, did she paid TMZ to publish this letters ?
Is she going to make a book for all this letters she wrote ? Could we call it "My letters to TMZ " ?... It's could be great. Only one word in the book : " ME ". Oh, excuse me. I have missed the title. So, maximum 5 words. It's very impressionant !!!!

jProud American Author

Candy,

It's great that you have good intentions to help this young woman--but a news flash...she doesn't care. If a mother of children acts like trash...then that goes to show one that something is seriously wrong. Brit needs desperate help (long time counseling) to become the person she truly is. Yet, she has thrown her talent away (and her kids) to get trashy attention for attentions sake. Only she can change---when she wants---she just doesn't care.

Gab

Hey Candy, Would you consider changing the course of your life, and see what good you can do with those millions? Go see the world and help others. I was in India last year, and the poverty on biblical proportion humbled me and shocked me. Hundreds of thousands - probably millions - of people living on a $1 a day. They stay by the ocean, and sit on the hot sun. They have not even an umbrella to keep the sun out. The send is hot, and they are hungry. It would brake your heart. I would look out of my apartment at night, and people were sleeping on the street. Every morning I would go and buy breakfast to dozens of beggars. I gave all my shoes away. Once I saw a little girl running naked on the street screaming, and I asked an Indian, why is she screaming, and he said - SHE IS HUNGRY!

You sitting in your big house on millions of dollars that you can not use up, could really help. There is so much you can do. You have the power of one. As you know, you can not save the world, but Candy, you can make a difference with the kind of money you have. English is a foreign language for me, so sorry for the mistake. All I am asking you Candy, be kind, have a heart, and use your fortune to help those who have nothing. You have to get out of the 'big house'. Gab

recovery101Fan

To #86 Older women who have raised children who are now functioning adults independent of their parents have every right to add constructive advice. Its everyone's business when you see someone trying to kill themselves.

ph1008

I don't know about why Candy is writing these letters (if she truly is), but she has some HUGE points here and maybe Britney needs to listen carefully to what is being said.

recovery101Fan

To #89 Brittney was raised or not raised properly and had poor role models to learn from. Once Britteny has SELF AWARENESS or some enlightening in her head, she will have that WOW moment and start to change. Until she GETS IT, she will remain very ill and a poor example to her kids. She needs to learn proper behavior and parenting skills. Brittney doesn't know any better at this point. She maintains a crowd around her that feeds her trash instead of guidance and protection.

v

Hey ..I think that this Mrs. Spelling just writes what we all think..It's a bit of motherly advice..welcomed or not..(and whose motherly advice is ever welcomed)..Good for her.

DeeDee

Britney has always been an exhibitionist, even when she was a teenager making that video in a school uniform, it was HER idea to have a black bra showing under her shirt. According to a documentary ,she insisted on it...so she's always been like that. She'd probably love to be a stripper ! I don't think anything will stop her from flashing...she must get a thrill from it.

Candy is wasting her time. She might as well go down to her local strip club and tell the girls who work there that they're nasty.

TP

Candy - I couldn't have said it better!! You hit the nail on the head!! Hope you're listening Britney - we really do want you to suceed!!!

Mel

WELCOME BACK CANDY!!!!!!

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

I have never understood why Candy Spelling writes to TMZ, "BUT" that being said................ this was a PERFECT letter. It was to the point, eloquent, and truly said what sooooooooooooooooooo many of us have been thinking.

I hope Britney reads it and most importantly sees the JOKE she has become.

Britney - You are a young mother. Isn't your reputation worth so much more for THEM? They will see all of this and be so embarrassed and teased. Kids can be so cruel. Why give them so much ammo against your own sons? Are you THAT bad a mother?

Put some clothes on. You have the money. Have someone help you with a wardrobe. Don't look trashy and for goodness sakes ...... quit showing your assets around town. TRASHY to the nth degree. You are a mother.............. quit trying to be the teeny bopper that you will NEVER be again. That's part of growing up.