Candy to Britney: It's No Pap Smear

6/16/2007 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear Britney:

You made me do it. I didn't plan to write another letter now. I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

You've driven me back to my laptop to ask why, if you have to slither in and out of cars, do clumsy imitations of gymnasts and wear clothes that are just too tight, trashy or skimpy, do you have to pose in front of photographers all the time? We've seen the body parts, poses and clumsy attention-seeking tricks before. You're wearing out your welcome. Some people never can turn away from a train wreck, so who can blame the photographers for waiting for your next one? Do you really want captions such as TMZ's own "Victim of Pap Smear" and "Does Britney Change Clothes for Cash" to be your legacy? You can do much better.

Unlike some others who are famous for being famous, you initially earned the fame and respect you achieved. You were a giant star, a Mouseketeer, a singer whose song titles became part of everyone's vocabulary. You made some missteps. We all do. But, when you become more famous for hideous, irresponsible actions than accomplishments, it's time to step back and figure out where you want your life to go. So many young girls still see you as a role model. Give those kids a reason to look up to you. They're probably even tired of the endless speculation about what undergarments you may or may not be wearing. I know their parents would like you to move on and get dressed. Even the school uniform was more dignified.

You're doing all right with the wigs. I know the paparazzi have a bounty on your (wigless) head. I think it's great that you have a variety of wigs (some very stylish) when you go out in public. If you do feel you need to show how your hair is growing back, at least make a deal with a photographer to sell the photo and donate the money to charity. Do you know what a statement that would make?

Enough with the sorry grabs for attention. Deep down, especially for your sons, people want you to succeed. You can always get attention if you need it. Visit someone famous in jail and attract a zillion photographers if you're that addicted to fame. Americans like winners. We like those stories about what people do with second chances. How about a moratorium on train wrecks and some time out for paying back the fans who helped you succeed?

Best,

Candy Spelling

Nancy

This is America and Candy has the right to express herself. She is trying to reach out and let these people know what she and many others think of them. I love reading all your comments, like or loathe them!
Most people pay attention to Brit because it's a free freak show. Sadly, she is still a role model for some impressionable young girls and she is should be ashamed for leading these girls to stupidly believe that being skanky is sexy or appealing.

Liz

Love it Candy! Someone needs to be the Voice of TRUTH in Hollywood- glad you re stepping up to the plate to do so. :)You are right on. Britney is a mother and it's ABOUT TIME she starts acting like one.

Georgia Girl

Good advice, Candy!

I'm tired of looking at Britney's crotch and boobs and I don't imagine her sons will enjoy seeing all that when they get older.

whatever4

Candy's jealous of her daughter's recent press due to the grandchild's birth. She had to do something to garner publicity for herself !!!

& no one wants to look at Candy's parts !

Maybe she oughta send the letter to Lynn Spears in Louisiana next time. Or Kathy Hilton.

Anybody got a list of other errant actors in hollywood whose parents she could write to ? There's a ton of guy actors that have been convicted recently &/or been ordered to wear alcohol bracelets/anklets, & ordered into rehab....where are THEIR letters ??

Candy, note to self: I will write to MEN & create press for them, & leave the girls alone - until I've influenced my own daughter to give up the social-climbing, gold-digging Dean.

MISSY

GOTTA LOVE THAT CANDY

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Just get on your broom fly over and say it to her face. Some of what Candy said is almost word for word what others have already said here -yesterday's news! Doesn't even have a mind of her own! Anyone who thinks "wow i like candy's advice" needs to go back to other Britney forums where you'll see "her" words and thoughts posted by others days ago. I suspect some staffer wrote this, copying ,pasting and changing a few words and getting the ok from Candy. If I had $600 million I could think of a lot better things to do than bash celebs on TMZ. Candy's face doesn't belong on TMZ but on a roll of toilet paper! I know a few people would surely would buy a few rolls.

MISSY

GOTTA LOVE THAT CANDY

Ida

TMZ: I cannot stand this butt picture of Brittney. It literally ruined my breakfast. Cover up that mess!

TRACKER

CANDY.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,YOU CRITICISMS..RIGHT TO THE POINT......THANKS.,

rosie

When did this bitch morph into Ann Landers ?

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Wow, huge insight into how and why the relation with your own daughter is strained and she keeps you at arms length Candy.

Totally out to lunch when it comes to the twist and slant of the tabloids and paparazzi. WTF Candy, you know first hand how the tabloids and paparazzi are due to your own daughters encounters and unfounded negative stories about her.

Candy Spelling is just another uneducated L.A. airhead that wouldn't know forming a fact based opinion if it jumped up and bit her on her dingy blonde @ss.

Eats the rhetoric and stories up from the tabloids like holy gospel when it is painfully obvious the paparrazi are setting Brit up.......stalking the gilr for negative photos only.

papiolisa

I couldn't agree more with the observations/suggestions made by WHOEVER wrote this letter. Britney would be a wise person to take a step back and truly look at herself and get to her REAL TRUTH. High five to the person with this insight....

TRACKER

CANDY,YOUR ALWAYS RIGHT ON TARGET...LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......SOME DAY THESE BRATS WILL GET A CLUE...

tuna marie

well, candy is correct in what she says about nit brit, but candy looks just as much the attention whore as britney is. how pathetic is her life that she keeps sending letters to tmz? britney is a lost cause, maybe you should focus on your own 2 children, particularily your daughter who has messed up another family's life.

Ben

I can't believe it, but I completely agree with Candy Spelling. Who knew?