Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

Patty

Is there any hope that Rosie will just GO AWAY anytime soon. She's like the black plague. Rosie, go away.

Roberta

If she is the replacement, I will never watch it again. She is certainly LOUD enough, though. Can't Rosie just walk quietly into the sunset so we don't have to listen to her again? Not even cliffhangers would be enough to get me to watch it if she were on.

evodico

Um, please, can someone spay *and* neuter the Rosie already. Better safe than sorry.

Esme

Posted at 11:28AM on Jun 19th 2007 by stretcharmstrong: Middle America will not watch a lesbian every day.

My response: Oh really? Ever heard of 'Ellen?'

Btw, Allie: I totally agree! Nicely put!

Texas

I will NEVER watch The Price is Right again if they put Rosie on the show!!!!!!

Natasha

ROSIE: UGLY PERSON INSIDE & OUT. GO AWAY. THAT MOUTH OF YOURS IS HIDEOUS!

DW

She would find something to bitch about,if I were a net work
I wouldn't trust her.

don

IF cbs is considering rosie why dont they consider michael moore both of them are filthy anti american slobs

give the dog a bone

to christian66...Is your God ok w/ her sexual behavior? Fox and Bill O. (and thankfully others), have a grip on reality, she's basically a commie. Though, in the scheme of things, that's perhaps her best trait!
As for a fit w/ TPIR, come on, take a "family show" which shows the world what's good and fun about America and shove that blowhard idiot in front of it and, well, I just want to puke!
I don't need to be quite until I can get to know her, I know her just fine thank you. I need to be vocal until the media stops giving her a venue to spew her wack-o ideals.
P.S. my God forgives you!

Marley

I'm sorry but I don't think that a controversial host like rosie would be good for the price is right. Really the show isn't about the host and rosie is going to try and make it that way. I just feel that her personality won't fit the idea of the show.

TKelly

nooooooooo Rosy!!!!!!!
She will ruin a good thing!!!!!!
Doesn't anyone catch on to her being a total disaster????????????

jProud American Author

If Rosie could focus on the show at hand and not make it a media, drama queen, freak circus all about her and her conspiracy theories...she may be good for PIR. Hope she gets some mental help and rehab first.

Jeff Kay

This is just another sign that we are living in the "end times". When a repulsive no talent farrrrrrrrr left leaning lunatic is being hailed as a perfect replacement and host of a day-time game show. I'm sure all the little blue haired ladies who watch The Price is Right will just LOVE when Rosie harangues them with her politics in between hawking jock itch spray. Very nice. Her 15 minutes should have ended years ago.

Paul Gardner

Rosie hosting The Price Is Right? This Bush-bashing cry baby is so full of anti-American sentiment that you'd have to think ANYONE would be crazy to consider her for ANYTHING on network television. Rosie is little more than a poster child for manic depression ... a living, breathing Paxil tablet, and who knows what else. She is apt to go off on ANYONE who doesn't agree with her. And if one of the contestant's name is Elizabeth (Elisabeth) then the whole studio becomes a political catfighting arena and Rosie winds up quiting the show, which we've seen before. Rosie is a bully, living in a depressed state and having visions of grandeur. She needs a mental institution more than she needs The Price Is Right. And I think post #12 is right . George Hamilton is perfect for the job ... and will carry on the "tan."

RealityChick

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!!!!!