Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

Jerrie

Please CBS don't make her the host , what about
the young children who watch the show ?

My Kids Mom

Go Rosie! I am all for it.... she is always upbeat, I enjoy her spunk, weather or not I agree with everythingshe may say, I hope she gets its!!!

susan

Ramona....the view if BORING without her. No more "must not miss tv" for me. It's Back to being a phony boring show! I now run errands when it comes on.

ROBIN

To "MARY"........now that's funny....I soooooooooo totally agree !

LOVE IT !!!!!!!

costaMesaboy

ROSIE 4 PRESIDENT,,,,IT'S CHINESE NEW YEAR OF THE WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry wanna a cracker?

Well, so much for following Rosie. Apologies in advance to the Price Is Right fans, but I find that show utterly torturous to watch.

(I was hoping she'd do another talk show, oh well.)

Jesse Hates Brenda

Not whale alert ...

WHALE WATCH!

castra regina

Those poor Showcase girls, suing for employment practices after being harrassed by the Blimp Rosie.

Tangie

I hope CBS thinks that one through. They would lose alot of watchers. A majority of the fan base is senior citizens-who are not liberals.

JR

Gag. If Rosie hosts TPIR, she will ruin it. She's not funny or personable. They need someone, male or female, who has the same kind of charisma Bob Barker has...and it's definitely not her. Where is that petition? I will sign it...I would rather eat glass that's been soaked in vomit than to watch her host my fave game show ever.

annab

i want rosie to do a talk show, not that it matters what i want. :)

Jesse Hates Brenda

I will laugh if instead of "come on down"
They change it to "Come on out..."

The Price Is Wrong.

Come out of the closet, guess the wrong price, win crap.
Hosted by Rosie.
New Announcer: Any gay boy Rosie wants.

Esme

To 'The Listener': Rosie left 'The View' NOT because she wanted to spend more time with family (that's why she left 'The Rosie O'Donnell Show' at the peak of its success), but because she didn't like that the producers used a split screen when she and Elisabeth were verbally sparring and how Elisabeth didn't defend Rosie when asked if she thought the troops were terrorists, which Rosie took as a massive blow to their friendship (who wouldn't?). But it was the split screen that killed the show for her. She has said of the incident that she didn't want to do 'Hannity and Colmes.'

As for the TPIR's filming schedule, they shoot multiple shows per day, so she'd only need to fly out for a few days & then back again for the rest of the week so she can be with her family.

So, 'The Listener,' you better start PAYING ATTENTION!

Rosie is a professional -- she knows it's a game show and not a show where she discusses politics. AS IF she's going to 'gay it up.'

John O'Hurley would be a terrible host. He might have been suave & witty on 'Seinfeld,' but that's because he was reading the SCRIPT! When left to his own brain to come up with funny banter, he falls flat. I didn't think he came across as witty AT ALL during 'Dancing With the Stars' or anything else I've seen him in. I don't think he would be interesting to watch after the first episode, let alone carry an entire season.

*ROSIE ALL THE WAY!!!*

Deb

Most of the people saying they would never watch the show -- be honest for once in your lives. YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE SHOW WHEN BARKER WAS ON IT.

All you are doing is wanting to see your rant on the screen and believe yourselves to be part of the power of persuasion to cause her not to get it.

ZZYZX

TPIR will go down the drain if Rosie hosts. She is too loud and way too obnoxious. Give her an XM radio show so we don't have to look at her ugly fat face.