Benoit Murder Details Revealed

6/26/2007 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BenoitTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

daeja

HE MIGHT NOT HAVE STILL DONE THIS IT COULD HAVE BEEN HIS WIFE AND MAYBE HE COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT HER AND HIS SON SO MAYBE HE KILLED HIS SELF CAUSE HIS SON GOT KILLED NOONE KNOWS YET STILL NEWS PROGRAMS ARE SAY IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN OR IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE NOT SAYING FOR SURE
HAVE SOME RESPEST FOR THE MANS OTHER KIDS HIS SON AND DAUGHTER ARE PROBABLY READING EACH AND EVERY CRUEL WORD PEOPLE ARE TYPING

mickey

if people got strange and curious text message on Sunday, why didn't they say something then, and not wait to respond until Monday?

rootbeer70

No one actually knows that he was on steroids and no one knows what what was going on behind closed doors. Until all the facts are released I don't think think anyone should be jumping to conclusions. My son was accused of being on steroids at one time about 5 years ago because he was a muscular kid. He has never done steroids. The only thing he did was lift weights and he still does and he eats properly and takes GNC supplements which are completely legal. He has seen his doctor and has been cleared to continue taking these supplements. If you saw my son who is now 20 years old I am sure you would think roids but that is not the case at all. I am a medical professional and would never ever allow that and he knows the down fall of steroids. Please let's not cast judgement on this man and/or his family until we know what actually happened and even then who are we to judge. Just let them Rest in Peace and my God ave mercy on their souls.

sicilianprincess

My heart and prayers go out to Benoit family. I also wonder why. My heart also goes out to the WWE family these last year has been tough with trgic losses of Benoit and famiily and also Eddie Guerrero. It makes us realize the stress that living their life on TV puts on their lives. RIP Benoit. God Bless You willl be surely missed

orb

maybe, just maybe,now they will somehow disolve this violent program.
it feeds the hearts of children,,is vile and is what we, as a nation, are trying to combat
violence........

appauled by the stalkarazzi

And I totally agree with other posters. The WWE should be ashamed of themselves for airing an idolizing memorial segement of Benoit last night, before having the brains to find out how he died.

Blind Stupidity WWE for idolizing a murderer

SuperStarSteve

Maybe he was a manic depressive who never should've taken steroids. I wonder what makes people lose it like this?

carol

Another horrific tragedy from the wrestling world! How very SAD that he thought there was no other way to deal with his personal demons. It is so scary realizing that we as people NEVER really know what is going on another person's mind, whether related or not! God rest their poor souls! My prayers go out to both families.

CJ

I was so shocked to Hear the News about Benoit on top of the possibility that he was the cause of the Murders of His wife and son that doesn't seems quite Like the Chris Benoit we all watched on television But even so he will be very missed

Patty

Why should the WWE be ashamed? i think it was very fitting what they did. I don't care how premature it was. The WWE did what they thought was best because it was tragic loss all the way around. No matter who is pointing the finger we will never know what went on in head to make him snap. Look at Andrea Yates. Killed all of her children because she was insane. How do we know this isn't what happened here. We don't. We can only pray that the families get the information they need to find closure.

Stephanie

Roid Rage. Plain & simple.

Notta Mark

The WWE was wise to cancel their show last night, but should have shown a "best of" show or something else altogether. They had time to learn the facts, and if necessary, could have aired a tribue show on their other time-slots. Instead, they dedicated 3 hours to honoring a murderer. There's still hope, O.J.

marie

To say the least, I'm am heartbroken! i have been a fan of his for years. He was supposedly a complete upstanding guy.I know one things for sure, I'm not going to pass any judgement till i get all the facts. My prayers go out to all the families and I hope that God shows mercy on his soul.

grasshopper

Steroids.....Steroids.............Steroids......

Bubbles

Hey The Man!

Wow! I am with you 100%!

When my husband & I saw the tribute last night (before the reports came out), we both talked about how he was definitely going into the Hall of Fame and that it was only fitting.
Now that we are seeing more and more details of how it happened, I pray & hope that you're right and that he does NOT get that tribute. He doesn't deserve it.