Benoit Murder Details Revealed

6/26/2007 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BenoitTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

tourniquetsandpoets

Okay -- you people are assuming that this is true. It might NOT be, the autopsys haven't even been done. Hell, it might not even be a double murder/suicide! Its just an assumption or perhaps just made up. Do yourselves a favor and wait until the coroners report before you send your wishes for Chris Benoit to burn in hell. You should be ashamed!

RIP Chris Benoit and family. You shall be missed.

MollyAnn

The only thing more disturbing than this story are the people who are saying what a great man he was. Even if he was good during his lifetime, it's all erased now by his final act of cowardice. He murdered his wife... that's one thing... but then took the life of his own flesh and blood, a CHILD. I'm glad that hell exists.

Ann

I just cant beleive this!! He was one of my All Time favorite wrestlers!! I guess he had some really deep deep issues eh?? I just dont get it....

Lionman

How could he do that? He was a role model kids looked up to!!
My condolences to his relatives.

Kayla

RIP .

im a big wwe fan but its not gonna do any good now talking crap about him.

he was a good wrestler and had many fans.
i was one and still is.

god bless.

damage

Sick guy looks like he had some problems going on....hope he enjoyed the PPV with his son...

Fish

The whole story is sad. It makes you wonder what kept him from snapping and REALLY killing someone in the ring?

angela

might outta check for steroid abuse...tends to mess up one's otherwise rationale thinking and cause anger issues.

SANDY

WOW. FROM RESPECTED & WELL LOVED ICON, TO A TOTAL DISGRACE!. MENTAL CASE? DRUGS? OR WHATEVER WILL NOT REDEEM THIS ICON. HOW CAN ONE UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DO THE STUFF THEY DO. HOW ANYONE CAN HARM ANOTHER (LET ALONE A CHILD) SHOULD HAVE A BULLET IN THERE HEAD! TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE AND LEAVE THE REST OF US OUT OF IT!! WHAT A SHAME! GOD BLESS THAT BOY AND HIS MOM AND THIER FAMILY.
CHRIS THE DEVIL AWAITS YOU.

theflash219

For people who are upset about WWE dedicating their show to Benoit, get all the facts straight. No one knew it was a murder-suicide until later in the evening. And all we have right now is speculation. Until we have official word, all we have is speculation. The WWE did the right thing. If they hadn't dedicated the show to him, they would've caught heat from all sides, and rightly so. Even if he is guilty, he gave a lot to this business and deserves respect. I'll always praise the wrestler he was, even if I denounce the man he was.

tone

If you're tired of life, kill yourself, but leave everyone else alone. Very SAD

Stu

When this happened I kissed my wife and daughter who is the same age as Daniel. If it is true he killed them and then himself, I hope he ROTS IN HELL. To think I used to have my daughtrer watch him because he was one of the "good citizens" in thye WWE. I know I wasted 3 hours of my life last night watching a tribute for a true piece of scum. My prayers go out to his other kids who now like OJ's kids have to live with this.

Kevin T.

That whole Vince McMahon stable is made up of very unbalanced men, all of them grappling with steriod abuse, violence, drugs and battles with closeted or latent homosexuality through male-on-male sexual harassment and exploitation. Vince McMahon had his own son wrestling with him as some very strange homoerotic tag team.

Vince McMahon has this fake death storyline; the God thing (wrestling God crap). Yeah, it seems all like a stupid cartoon. But that WWE joint has and harbors problems galore.

If Benoit were having problems, those at the WWE couldn't have even identified it since they're all f'd up. If these murders are related to sterioid abuse, those in the WWE couldn't or wouldn't have called him on it.

The government ought to probe the WWE and McMahon. There have been a lot of problems related to his "organization".

TROLL SMASHERS

DANIANNE - go back to bed, SLEEP FOR ANOTHER DAY, then wake up - have a couple hundred cups of coffee then come back and figure out which topic your trying to post on.

With WORKING PEOPLE left to PAY FOR UNWANTED, UNDER CARED FOR CHILDREN those women that choose to abort don't get any grief from me or my ACCOUNTANT.

Amy R

#107, you hit the nail on the head EXCEPT for the WWE. They knew on Sunday that something was terribly wrong, a full day before the bastard hung himself and probably before he killed the kid. THEY are the ones that sent the police to his house.

They knew it was a murder suicide but aired that horrid tribute just for ratings. The WWE needs to have a 6 hour marathon telethon to raise money for murder victims.

#111, you are an idiot.