WWE -- No Killer Zone

6/26/2007 11:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After authorities revealed the grisly details of Chris Benoit's final days, the WWE is changing their tune. In a televised statement, aired just moments ago on Sci Fi Channel's ECW, Vince McMahon made it clear -- they will no longer honor the memory of the murdering wrestler:

"Last night on 'Monday Night Raw,' the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you."

Nathan

I completely agree with Gina! I think that everyone is so quickly assuming it was a homicide/suicide that nobody is even giving the chance for the autopsy results to come back! Maybe they do have alot of evidence proving that Chris did it but give everything a chance, don't be so quick to point fingers!

Simone

Sabrina,

He's going to be remembered as a murderer because that is what he is. He took the lives of his wife and child. Should that be forgotten because he wrestled for 22 years. I don't think so. He gave up the right to be a victim when he committed MURDER. He killed the two people that he should have protected above all other things. Should that fact be forgotten because he entertained people on a weekly basis, I think not. The reports that are out now state that the two murders and suicide took place over a period of time, time that he had to think about what he'd done yet instead of stopping he took his sons life, sent some text messages and took his own.

My thoughts are with the rest of the family and the friends that will forever have their lives changed because of this crime. I'm sorry if I can't spare any pity for a man who committed such a horrific and cowardly crime.

trinity911

21. The WWE website says they knew it was a crime scene before deciding to do that ridiculous tribute. Vince is just trying to do damage control. What a bunch of incompetent idiots.

He took steroids. He lost his mind. He killed his family. He would be in the gas chamber if he hadn't killed himself. He was a wife beater, and now he's a murderer. A child murderer, no less.

Posted at 11:12PM on Jun 26th 2007 by LA Lawyer
******

For a lawyer, you are none too bright. Knowing that there was a crime scene does not equal knowing that a double murder/suicide has taken place versus a triple homicide.

traci foxworthy

I want to first say a prayer for this 7 year old boy..... and the family that must be suffering... Vince, you are by far the most fake, phony that has been published in any news story.... I honestly , do not know how you make a living at this, but you do.... All I can say is what goes around comes around... SHAME ON YOU!!!!! I am not even connected to the wrestling world but I know about you.... I will say no more , other than you are a PHONY, and your past history tells all.....

Indiana,, NOT A FAN!!!!

sunny

tragic

M. from Nashville

Chris Beonit was a great preformer and wrestler. No one knows for sure and may never know why he did this. The toxolgy reports won't be out for a while and WWE has taken all tribute information about Chris Benoit off of their site. I will miss seeing Mr. Benoit on tv every week but he will have to answer to God for what he did and not to me or anyone else. Please do not be disrespectful to his surviving relatives with name calling and such. I think Vince McMahon did the right thing for once by taking the Tribute to Mr. Benoit off of the WWE website. I do not like what has transpired over the last few days but Nancy and Daniel Benoit rest with the Lord today

OkSoIWasWrongAboutBenoitButItSeemedFake

Vince sounds like he knows of some details that haven't come out yet.

Judy

#13 Sabrina, are you a parent? at one time or another we all feel like just grabbing our child by the neck and chocking them when they make us mad, but most of us don't do that. The fact that the deaths were not out of rage is more unsettling to me than if it was out of uncontrolable rage. He had time to text message his friends, which means he was thinking some what. We will never know what he was thinking or why he did what he did, but to pay tribute to a man who killed not only his wife, but his own flesh and blood son does seem to be a mistake. He will be remembered for the killings more than how good a wrestler he was, life is sooo much more preciuose than a damn wrestling image.

The 5th Horseman

Sabrina, Dagon I am with you. No one knows what went on or why it happened. I'm sure this investigation is far from over. Chris was a good wrestler, a good guy. Something in him snapped. A grueling schedule in a "sport" that has no off season, constant travel not only in the states but overseas as well, the pressure of having to put on a stellar performance in the ring every night, headshots, chairshots, bodyslams. injury after injury, pain, pain pain. This is an endless cycle. On top of that try and be a family guy in suburban Atlanta. Something pushed him over the edge. Maybe it was the roids, or the roids contributed, or maybe it was a combination of other drugs he needed. Was he on painkillers? nerve meds? anti-depressents? People should wait on a full toxicology report and autopsy before they pass judgement on him. Surely they will look for abnormalities in the brain.

Sabrina

David and CoCo,

Either you cant read or you just bothered to skim over my comment, I said Celebrate there life not just his his wife and child. I don't forgive anyone for hurting a child, that is wrong it is wrong to hurt ANYONE of that matter. But why sit here and make rude comments on something that we really have nothing but the media to go on. We all know how the media is also. Different story's on every page so who knows what the truth is .

Goofyintheloofy

Well, everyone was saying, "How respectful the guy is and what a great wrestler." That just made everyone of them look like jack****. Seriously. Vince made the right decision, and this is gonna cost him big time. Believe It. He thought an exploding limo was cool, take a BYTE out of this!

Goofyintheloofy

I wish I could of seen Vince's look when he heard this!

Sabrina

Judy,
Why don't you go out on the road 48 weeks of the year and put your body through hell.

As for his son I'm deeply sad by his death. it is wrong to hurt ANYONE. But remember that people snap and bad things happen and we will never know what was truly happing.

Sabrina

Judy,
Have you ever went out on the road for pretty much the whole year. Have you put your body through sever pain? Yes it was his choice to do that but he was remarkable in his career.

It is not right for what happen to his wife or son it is not right with what happen to him. None of this is right by far and I feel there is alot more to this story.

meltz11

If you watch this crap, ( WWF) shame on you.