"Starsky's" Marriage -- Case Closed

6/27/2007 7:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Actor Paul Michael Glaser, who shot to fame as Starsky on the hit '70s show "Starsky and Hutch," is pulling the plug on his marriage to writer/producer Tracy Barone.

In divorce papers, filed yesterday in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Glaser blamed "irreconcilable differences" for the split. The couple was married in 1996 and have a 9-year-old daughter.

Paul's first wife, renowned AIDS activist Elizabeth Glaser, passed away in 1994 after a 13-year battle with the disease. She co-founded the Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

CALLMEJULS

Starsky is still the bomb!

Snarksnarksnark

Why do the ragsheets always act like there is something wrong with citing irreconcilable differences as the reson for a divorce?

California is a no-fault divorce state: Irreconcilable differences is the only reason available!

Quiet

I agree with the above100%!

lee

Glaser's story proves that being rich and famous doesn't preclude anyone from tragedy. Elizabeth Glaser was such a wonderful woman. It was a loss for the entire world when she died.

I was hoping Paul Michael Glaser had found a lifetime of happiness with this marriage, so I'm very sorry to hear about his divorce.

Wishing him and his family the best.

Sarah

I LOVE him, he's so cool. It's too bad he's getting divorced but it happens. I wish him the best and all the happiness in the world.

NaughtyNurse

Wow - they even have the same nose - too bad they are splitting!

Sarah

6. Wow - they even have the same nose - too bad they are splitting!

Posted at 10:57PM on Jun 27th 2007 by NaughtyNurse

Looks better on him though. He's gorgeous...I always loved Starsky best...and he's aged very very well.

jProud American Author

I am sorry to hear this. Didn't Paul Michael have another child with his first wife Elizabeth as well?

Read good books-take a break from hollywood stress!

amelia garrett

This is very sad and totally unexpected news. I hope that Paul will bounce back and find the happiness he so richly deserves.

Your'e Fired!

..................Sad, He's a good man!!......... I wish them both well.

Pieta

I had such a crush on PMG when I was a child.....still have my "Starsky and Hutch" scrapbook *sigh*. So sorry for his current heart ache.

To answer a previous question........yes he had a child with Elizabeth - a boy - who was born HIV positive - as far as I know he is doing well.

And yes - he is still the bomb.

Would luv to see him act more.

skeptical at best

i was just going to say i think they have a son. i remember he came to my medical school to give a speech of some kind. anyways, wishing them both the best.

JMelissaMc

I have LOVED Paul for over 30 years now! He DESERVES the best and I am sorry to see this happen. GOD bless you Paul!

He had a daughter too that passed away from Aids at the age of 7.

alice rose

Perhaps PMG has been a bad boy! After all, he's still a good-looking guy and women drool over him!

Summertime

As someone who knew Tracey very well -- it's about time Paul -- surprised you lasted as long as you did and survived! Too bad you didn't see the evil in her eyes 11 years ago -- a lot of people did and could have saved you a lot of heartache, had you just asked -- heard you cried tears of fear and regret at the wedding -- you deserved better -- Satan deserves better...Hope your daughter doesn't suffer under her wrath and your son Nick is finally away from her influence...and you can find long overdue happiness -- just watch the eyes next time -- they tell all!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments