Isaiah - McDreamy McStarted the Fateful Fight

7/3/2007 8:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Isaiah Washington keeps on talking ... and talking ... and talking ... and last night on "Larry King Live," the loose cannon said that it was co-star Patrick Dempsey's lateness that eventually pushed him over the edge and made him use the F-word that ended up getting him fired from "Grey's Anatomy." Riiiight.

Isaiah says that when he confronted McDreamy about his lateness, his co-star became "unhinged, sprayed spittle in my face ... He just becomes irate." Then, well, Isaiah "said several bad words," something along the lines of, "There's no way you're going treat me like the B-word, the P-word, or the F-word." Ever-unrepentant Washington still tried to cover his tracks, saying that "fa**ot" wasn't meant to be a slur, but just "somebody who is being weak." Way to clear that up, Isaiah.

Loose-lipped Lily – LiLo's Going to Jail

Also in the Department of Verbal Diarrhea-ists this morning we find Lily Allen, the Brit popster who got popped last week for allegedly socking a lensman in the schnozz. She tells New York magazine that Paris's fate will soon befall Lindsay Lohan, and herself to boot. "I could be Paris Hilton soon enough," said Lily, shortly before returning to England to be arrested on assault charges. "Oh, my God, her life is so f**king insane ... I can't wait until Lindsay Lohan goes to jail ... Does that mean [she'll] stop showing me [her] p***y now?"

Party Favors: Nicky Glazed Over at Frittelli's ... Wrestling Legend DiBiase Defends Benoit ... Alyssa Milano's Wants You to TOUCH 'Em All ... Man Pleads Guilty to Posting 4 Hours of 24

While Paris was getting lei'd in Hawaii this weekend, lil' sis Nicky was spotted with a guy pal at the Governator's fave Beverly Hills donut shop, Frittelli's, having an iced latte and a glazed donut. Sweet! ... Ted DiBiase, wrestling's legendary "Million Dollar Man," tells the Post Chronicle that fellow grappler Chris Benoit was an "unselfish, soft-spoken" type who made considerable sacrifices to be with his family, which he is suspected of murdering before committing suicide last week. ... Ever the big sports fan, Alyssa Milano is teaming up with Major League Baseball to create a line of "fan-fashion" jewelry for her TOUCH line, just so you look perfectly glam while sucking down brats and beer at the ballpark. ... A Chicago man pleaded guilty yesterday to a felony charge for posting the first four episodes of this season's "24" on the Internet before they appeared on TV.

monique

Isaiah was very choppy with his responses, but it appears that he said to Dempsey "You're not going to treat me like a b-word, punk or f-word because I'm not T.R."
The comments were split between the first and second segments of the interview.

The man's mind seems to wonder. When asked a direct question, he goes all around it and starts talking about things that are not really related. It was odd to watch along with all of the promotion of his charity projects and upcoming film.

I'm wondering about the origin of this conflict with Dempsey and what T.R. allegedly told him about Dempsey. Also, why are two relatively unknown actors so upset about a third relatively unknown actor (before Greys) arriving late or whatever? The whole thing sounds so petty. Everyone is part of a great show and getting paid. Now, this. I know Shonda must be heated. Damn.

"

serene

The Washington interview was done wonderfully. He was calm, rational and very well spoken. It cleared up a lot of confusion and all of it made sense. TMZ clearly has a racist stick up its @ss. Washington wasn't blaming Dempsey, he was explaining the situation and repeatedly kept saying how it was his fault and he should have set a better example. Dang....what else do you want from him? He is getting massacred for something he didn't do and went above and beyond the call of duty for redemption. Yet Paris Hilton says the N-word and TMZ would gladly kiss her @ss after she takes a dump and before she wipes.

Abby

bla bla bla bla....waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaa..*rme*

Alex

Isiah Homophob Washington just needs to give it up...IHW, just forget it...you're not working in Hollywood again. It's no use to blabber all the time and frankly we're sick of you....I almost rather have Paris on TV then this F-Face!

Vincent

Would people stop using the stupid "McDreamy" reference to Patrick Dempsey? Anyone who does should be condemned to life as a bon bon-eating shopgirl -- that is, if they aren't one already.

Deane

The fact that Washington found it necessary to make the comments at the Golden Globes sealed it for me. If he had left it alone , it would have rode itself out and nothing would have happened. By doing that, he brought it to the forefront again and it had to be dealt with as he treated the Golden Globes as if he was the one of importance from the cast. If he had stood there and shut up -- people would have just moved on. The show was awarded for the Grey's cast -- not the Isaiah Washington show.

The fact that within the Larry King interview, he blamed everyone he could think of but accepted minimal responsibility himself. The comment that most irritated me was his "self imposed leadership role" and having to deal with all the issues on the set. Hello -- that's why there are producers and directors hired. Not one of the lowly actors. Reading between the lines, I then see where he has tried to bring race into the issue as he being self-appointed leader, no one was listening to him. Hmmm -- I think someone's nose was out of joint in that he didn't become the "hot" actor of the series. His attempt at damage control has back-fired.

If I found myself in a position where Washington was the "leader", by the way he spoke in the interview, I'd disregard anything he said. He can't answer anything direct; accepts no responsibility; finds it necessary to blame everything but the kitchen sink and just plain blows smoke out his butt. He knows the show has been gag ordered for commentary on this and therefore said anything he wanted, most of which was stupidity on his part. He made every attempt to sound like he was the smarter of everyone he dropped the name of from the executives on down the list. Didn't work. Whether the executives respond -- I doubt it -- as Isaiah is such a little fish in the pond. What he has done is burned his bridges for future work. The supposed "things in development" will go away -- far, far away as like roadkill - Splat. No one will want to touch him after the interview. His attempt at rewriting the dictionary doesn't fly.

The show will totally survive without the drama of this lowlife. I can now look forward to the new season as I could not continue to watch the show for the balance of the season after the award show until the matter was resolved.

As for Washinton -- So Sad -- Too Bad -- NOT.

sue

Isaaih, Shut the EF up!!!!

marciamarciamarcia

Isaiah Washington's temper got him into this mess. I do believe that he said those words in anger to Dempsey. I also believe that Knight capitalized on it with Dempsey flaming the fire. I think Dempsey has far more clout than the other actors (and maybe with good reason - the ladies love him), and I think he used his clout on Washington. If Washington had been a strategist, he would have realized that he was lower on the totem pole than Dempsey - even when he, Washington, is right. Obviously the powers-that-be didn't care that Dempsey was late. Washington made a mistake thinking he had a right and an obligation to chastise Dempsey. To me, the only prima donna is Dempsey, and it will continue to be that way. Knight is just a weasely opportunist.

TONYA

IF I WAS BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT I DID NOT DO THEN I'M GOING TO WANT TO CLEAR MY NAME. CALLING SOMEONE OUT THEIR NAME AND YOU DID NOT DO IT IS VERY SERIOUS. IT SEEMS TO ME ONLY THREE PEOPLE NEW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AND I DONT KNOW WHY THE REST OF THE CAST IS ACTING LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. PARIS HILTON WAS ABLE TO DO AN INTERVIEW ABOUT WHAT SHE DID IN JAIL WHICH WAS NOT THAT IMPORTANT AND WILL NOT MESS UP WHAT EVER CAREER SHE HAS. IF I KNOW THAT I CAN SPEAK THAN I WILL TRY TO CLEAR MY NAME. TR KNIGHT SURE WAS ON ELLEN TRYING TO SAY WHAT HAPPENED SO WHY NOT I.W. HE WAS NEVER ABLE TO GIVE HIS SIDE. ALSO HE SAID NOTHING ABOUT RACE IN THE INTERVIEW SO IT BASICALLY SOUNDS LIKE THE BLOGGERS THAT ARE AGAINST HIS INTERVIEW IS WHITE AND SAYING HE IS PLAYING THE RACE CARD. WE DONT KNOW WHAT HE SAID BECAUSE WE WERE NOT THERE. DON IMUS WAS FIRED BECAUSE EVERYONE HEARD IT AND IT WAS NOT BASED SOLEY ON RACE BECAUSE IF SO HE WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE A LONG TIME AGO

Davidg

Uh oh, I better rephrase since I was not allowed to post the last one.

Ok, if a black man calls a gay man a "f" and claims that it's not a sexual slur, just an expression...does that mean that a gay man can call a black man a "n" and use the same excuse.

Also, any black man should be very careful who he calls an "f" considering that half of them are on the "dl".

Tara Tennent

Ohhhhhhh so it all started with McDud..I wish they would cancel this show..All the actors (male and female or whatever) in it are irritating! Especially TR and Patrick Dempsey (Andrew McCarthy with a job)..

who fuggin cares

lily allen is a see you en tee

i hope she chokes on a jagerbomb

Paul Kline

This guy proves of course that being black does'nt exclude you from also being a bigot.

blackgirlwhiteguy

Isaiah will be missed! He is an awesome actor and the show just won't be the same w/o him. Given his talent as an actor I predict he will land another big gig soon, hopefully one bigger and better than Grey's

monique

During the Larry King interview, Isaiah aknowledged that he was ready to film a scene and Dempsey wasn't. Dempsey wanted to wait for Ellen Pompey. Isaiah replied
"I don't need Ellen, I can act." The implication was clear and it set Dempsey off. IMO,
Isaiah resents the fact that Dempsey is the "hot" actor on the show - T.R., too, perhaps.
After all, Isaiah has worked in the theatre, etc. You must also remember that Dempsey
was getting a lot of magazine covers at the time and it was just too much.