Oprah's Got a Crush on Obama!

7/17/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has a crush on ObamaChat empress Oprah Winfrey put rumors to rest that she might be running for president -- by instead throwing her hefty support behind democratic candidate Barack Obama. Lucky Obama will benefit from an Oprah-fied fundraiser to be held at the daytime diva's massive Santa Barbara mansion this September, reports today's L.A. Times.

Those thinking of attending should start saving now: Getting in the door will cost $2,300 -- that's the maximum individual contribution for primary season. Collected contributions of $25,000 or more will score you access to a VIP reception, and a donation of $50,000 or more will garner a seat at a private VIP dinner with the possible next president.

Think Isaiah Washington, who has also thrown his support behind Barack, was invited? Doubtful!

Petite

Posted at 3:28PM on Jul 17th 2007 by PHILLIP R. MIER
89. HEY # WHY NOT SOME POLITICS ON TMZ? ARE YOU AFRAID YOU MAY HAVE TO THINK A LITTLE OR ARE YOU WORRIED THAT YOU MAY MISS OUT ON SOME REAL IMPORTANT GOSSIP OR MISS SOME SLEAZY PHOTOS OF SOME MINDLESS ACTOR OR ACTRESS?
*********************************************************************
HEY PHILLIP-
that was sarcasam. I love politics, and Little Green Footballs is my favorite site. I spend most of my blog time there, discussing politics, not here.

Rosie the chauvinist

The idea of Oprah for president is about as laughable as Obama for president (and some others). Those of color really do stick together. They said they do and they are showing it. Race is all that seems to matter to them.

Petite

PHILLIP-
Bring it on, old man. You sound like a guy with an opinion!

Michellr

Voting for someone because they are black is as stupid as voting for someone because they are a woman. Boy I bet Hillary is pissed.

Petite

PHILLIP-
Notice all my MUCKIN' FUSLIMS comments?
Read the comments before you start bashing folks.
And recognize sarcasam when you see it.

Zenophobe Alien

Philip, using all caps is like screaming at us. Please don't do that. it hurts my ears. Get over your self already

you are entitled to my opinion

dear hillary, guess who's coming to denver.

kt

ANYONE BUT HILLARY! WE'RE TIRED OF HAVING AN UNLIKEABLE PRESIDENT.

HILLARY IS NO BETTER THAN BUSH.

GO OBAMA!!!
HILLARY IS A SLEEZEBAG.

huh

Hi, Phillip....:-)

Ok so which is it.....you are surprised that I can read?? of I am a "myopic, smug self centered, got mine go get yours individual"

I am glad that you bi-polar condition allows you to argue both sides of an argument, and contradict yourself...but it really is past time for you to take your meds....no wait....

IT REALLY IS PAST TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE YOUR MEDS!!....lol...:-)

P.S.......and yes coke head.....Kirby not only sucks, he swallows......

Bubbles

Obama is UNQUALIFIED to be President or Vice President. He's only been in the Senate since January of 2005, and he hasn't done anything there except campaign for President. I won't vote for him, and if he gets the Democratic nomination I will vote Republican for the first time in my life.

We are at war, and we need a President who knows what the hell he's doing. We don't need another unqualified President!

Zenophobe Alien

I am just so confused today. Excuse me all. I am on drugs. That is no excuse but it is why I am so obnoxious

noitall

*************PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOU WANT YOUR MOUTH TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad that $$$$$ isn't going towards a campaigner who actually has a chance of winning. So I guess in a way it's perfect that Ofra is backing him with a name like "WIN-FREE"! HaHa! There's just no way this country will ever elect a black person - right, wrong. good or bad, it's a fact. She'd be better to spend the money on another self-idolizing school in Africa.

Zenophobe Alien

Unqualified? What about George Bush? He isn't qualified to clean a toilet. Jimmy Carter was only a damn Governor for Christ sake. Why isn't he qualified? He has a I.Q. twice G.W. and that ain't sayin much

huh

"PHILLIP" ....
sounds like one of those guys who didn't get breast fed (and hasn't gotton any since) as a child...was picked on as a child.....a loner who HAS TO YELL to "feel" as though he is being heard.
Unable to carry on normal dialog or maintain normal relationships and is most comfortable when creating a hostile environment.
His superiority complex is classic inferiority feelings of self hate.
Time to take your meds Phillip.

GEORGEORWELL11

HEY,FOOL #102 THAT IS NOT A LETTER BY ME PHILLIP,IS IT NOT OBVIOUS? NO CAPS DUH!! WHAT A SERVILE IDIOT YOU MUST BE, DID YOUR MOMMY DROP YA ON YOUR HEAD OR SOMETHING? FOUR STARS FOR THE EFFORT THOUGH! IF I AM BI-POLAR AT LEAST I'VE GOT A CHANCE AT SOME INTERESTING CONVERSATION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF FEEDBACK!! IF YOU ARE "HUH "YOU ARE APPROPRIATLY NAMED,(NICE CHOICE,VERY FITTING!)