Good Will (Gay) Hunting

7/20/2007 12:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matt DamonIn the latest issue of GQ, Matt Damon talks about how, when they were younger, he and Ben Affleck wanted to buy the exact same car. But each tried to talk the other out of it, "Because we knew it would just be so gay to get the same car." Maybe not the best choice of words, either.

TMZ had qualms with the usage of "gay" -- since it's not exactly politically correct to use the word "gay" to mean "bad" or "negative." But then, after thinking about it -- for two best friends who wrote and starred in the same movie, won an Oscar together and have generally been linked together for their entire careers -- buying the exact same car really is sooooo gay!

What do you think?

Kyle

who cares, its a term. the butt pirates need to stop whining.

D.Bauchery

I agree, DANI. The PC has gone TOO FAR. I said "gay" once in such a manner and this Gay got alllll up in my face. Its like settle down, boys. Stop LOOKING for reasons to get all pissy.

Zenophobe Alien

Better go before Rev. Als temple and appologise to all the offended Gays in the world. I see another Imus moment

Zenophobe Alien

If 90% of the world is straight why the HELL do we even care what some dumb ass Gay person thinks? They can all kiss my ASS. Oh, never mind.

DANI

Thanks D. BAUCHERY, I so agree with you... people get all pissy these days!

Valencia

What are y'all complaining about - connecting the word "gay" to mean "something bad or evil"? Folks have been doing that to us African-Americans FOR DECADES!! Examples: "blackmail"; "blackball"; "blackout"; the BAD guys in movies ALWAYS wear BLACK; etc...

KJ

TMZ has "qualms" about using a term like gay???? Really?? Since when does TMZ have a politically correct attitude about anything??

Kate

Do you know how many of my gay friends say the exact thing, "that's so gay." or "he's so gay"...blah blah...I've heard worse from my gay friends than from my straight friends. Get Over it! This PC crap is just so way out of hand. I don't care what they hell you label me...geeez...people we are at war...gas is over $3 a gallon, poverity is increasing, quality public school education is decreasing..child obesity on the rise...etc etc..isn't there more to worry about that what comes out of or goes into Matt Damon's mouth?

Mark

First and foremost, the term 'GAY' that Matt used was very offensive. I understand people are biggots and prejudice, but to here it from a celebrity is just poor and shameless. No body goes around and says that is so 'STRAIGHT'...so when they bring up the 'GAY' card, it tarnishes and hurts the Gay community.

Zenophobe Alien

#23 Don't you get it? When a Gay person says it it is o.k. It's like if a black person uses the "N" word. Talk to Rev. Al. He'll "straighten" you out. HA HA HA

Zenophobe Alien

Have had enough of Ashley an Jess and pervert Joe Simpson

Zenophobe Alien

#29 What do you mean "to hear it from a celebrety"? Give me a God Damn break. They are no damn better than the rest of us. But Boy

cari

I personally don't think he was trying to use the term "gay" as a synonym for "bad"... In this context, he meant "gay" to mean... drumroll... GAY!!!! As in, they were freakin' inseperable for years, went everywhere together, did everything together... well, maybe not "everything"! LMAO! So I can see why he thought matching cars might send out the wrong signal that there was more to their friendship than meets the eye.

gizmo

HOW CARES!!!! Come on he thinks its so gay! Big deal. People have got to get over being so emotional. Your gay, who cares that he thinks buying matching cars is gay. He has the right to think what he wants. By the way.... it is so gay!!!!!!!!

Tiff

in Boston, everyone uses the word gay in that respect. it's by no means personal and has no reflection on how we feel about the gay community (did we not legalize gay marriage?). Just another silly Boston slang.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments