Good Will (Gay) Hunting

7/20/2007 12:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matt DamonIn the latest issue of GQ, Matt Damon talks about how, when they were younger, he and Ben Affleck wanted to buy the exact same car. But each tried to talk the other out of it, "Because we knew it would just be so gay to get the same car." Maybe not the best choice of words, either.

TMZ had qualms with the usage of "gay" -- since it's not exactly politically correct to use the word "gay" to mean "bad" or "negative." But then, after thinking about it -- for two best friends who wrote and starred in the same movie, won an Oscar together and have generally been linked together for their entire careers -- buying the exact same car really is sooooo gay!

What do you think?

Stan

[[[[ If 90% of the world is straight why the HELL do we even care what some dumb ass Gay person thinks? They can all kiss my ASS. Oh, never mind.]]]]

What makes you think it's only 90%? It's *way* more!

margi

Gay means , happy...how it ever was made to mean Homosexual is beyond me!

give the dog a bone

I thought they were gay?!?!

Shaka

Pretty soon we are all going to stop speaking to other as we will be too afraid to say anything that will offend someone else. Good grief!!!! Get OVER yourselves. Blacks, whites, greens, pinks, reds, whatever, grow thicker hide. And we wonder why our kids our getting so messed up. If they don't want to accept responsibility for their actions, just claim discrimination of some sort, and go free

rudewaitress

Oh, geeez....those boys have the Rock Hudson thing down pat. As if !!

bostontlc

Dont take it so personally - people from the Boston area throw the word "gay" around a lot... its not insulting, it's like "retard". When we say something is retarded or gay, it just means that we dont think its ordinary or something we would like... No one said its correct, but long before this PC crap we were all saying it here... I mean, come on, listen to the way we tahlk around heah....

mw

you're right matt, that would have ben wicked gay

Zenophobe Alien

Boston is just a Gay town. The Flintstones had a gay old time and have you heard of Gay Paree? OOh La La

Zenophobe Alien

Zenophobe Alien

Good God. P.C. is changing our language as we know it. What will the future hold? Will we be able to say anything without offending some damn body?

Zenophobe Alien

I wonder if Al Sharpton is Gay? He seems Gay for Jesse Jackson.

Zenophobe Alien

I wonder if Al Sharpton is Gay? He seems Gay for Jesse Jackson.

COCO

It's really very gay when two very close friends, buy the same two cars. This don;t mean that being gay is bad, it means.... it's gay. Let me put to you like this, If I were gay I would not want my friends to think I'm a heterosexual, therefor I would not drink bear or watch socker, or come on to women...

ClassyMissFancy

Wow.. TMZ.. insisting on political correctness...

TMZ is gay.

Mrs. Megan

I am a lesbian woman, and I say things are "gay" all the time. I am also Jewish, and I alsways say "thats jewish". So who really cares. Lets not turn this into the same situation as it is when a white person uses the "N" word. Things can only offend if we let them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments