Stevie Wonder Driven to Sing ... By Isaiah?

7/20/2007 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Things are certainly looking up for Isaiah Washington. First, he lands a part on one of the hottest new shows this Fall ("Bionic Woman") and a development deal with NBC. Now, he's got none other than Stevie Wonder singing songs in his honor. My Cherie Amour!
Click to hear
Isaiah was on Stevie's radio show on KJLH in Los Angeles on Thursday , when Stevie and the crew spontaneously broke into a song about Mr. Washington himself. It's really just a chant for about a minute, but then Stevie himself breaks out a verse and it is truly on.

It's hard to be mad at anyone when the man who wrote "Songs in the Key of Life" is singing.

GoBoreYourselves

BORING! This idiot is a no-talent homophobe and is moving onto a show that was done twenty years ago on a network that has run out of fresh ideas. BORING! The topic of his statements is also a dead issue morons that keep bring it up still have NO LIFE! He got fired because of his prejudices and ignorance which is surprising coming from a black man. Those that condone this are just as retarded socially as they are mentally. HATE DOES NOT GET YOU A INVITATION INTO HEAVEN, ONLY LOVE HAS THAT POWER! If you are a believer in hating someone because of their differences than you are no better than a terrorist that believes killing people by suicide attacks gets them into heaven.
With that being said can we all just move on to another subject that doesn't involve ignorance PLEASE!!

Oh Please

I still hope for love amongst one another.

billyboy

For GoBoreYourselves:

..........SNORE...........ZZZZZZ

Thank You for more sand!

Sheshe

I AM SICK OF PEOPLE PUTTING ISAIAH THOMAS DOWN!!! HE DIDN'T DOUBLE TALK HIMSELF. HE WAS NEVER ALLOWED TO DEFEND HIMSELF BECAUSE A GAG ORDER WAS ISSUED AGAINST HIM BY ABC. I DON'T BELIEVE A MAN WHO HAS PORTRAYED GAYS IN AT LEAST 2 MOVIES IS HOMOPHOBIC. START DOING YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE. I DO BELIEVE HE SAID THAT TO "MCDREAMY" AND THAT CRY BABY T.R. KNIGHT IGNITED A FLAME AND RAN WITH IT. HE'S THE ONE SCREAMING FEEL SO SORRY FOR ME ALTHOUGH I'M A PATHETIC LIAR. THAT IS WHY NEITHER HIM OR "MCDREAMY" COMMENT NOW. IF iSAIAH WERE SO HORRIBLE WHY DOES SANDRA OH (DR. YANG) , "DR. BAILEY", "DR "ADDISON'", AND "THE CHIEF" OPENLY SUPPORT HIM. IT'S NOT A COINCIDENCE. T.R. KNIGHT IS A PATHETIC, LYING LOSER AND WILL CERTAINLY NOT BE WATCHING GREY'S ANATOMY ANYMORE.

DzDawg

Isaiah, Don Imus forgives you..... or is it Al Sharpton forgives you.... oh what the hell, we all forgive you even if Al Sharpton doesn't forgive Don Imus..... Isn't life great?

billyboy

I still believe in a piece too Baby!!!!!! Shagadelic!

LThompson

I am so sick of this guy. I don't really think he's a homophobe, just an arrogant, minimally talented, prima dona who was nothing but a massive pain in the butt to his employers and fellow castmates and whose character was the least popular of the entire large cast. THOSE are the real reasons they elected not to renew his contract. He simply wasn't worth all the trouble. I had a certain amount of sympathy for him in that he got unfairly caught up in that huge Tasmanian Devil of media frenzy, but when he started making noises that there was some racial element to his ass being fired, that was it -- I was done. What a load of horse manure.

Terry

A new show whoop it dose not make Isaiah any less of a snivler. I thought he was going to cry lke a little girl on Larry King rambling on making excuses. Between him and Paris It's a tie on who was the biggest lier on Larry's show
The guy has some issues rehab didnt take care of, those will return no matter what show he is on

chuck

Big Ego, small talent, big bully

NBC you're going to have more big FLOPS on your hands with this jerk in the mix. Don't you have enough problems?

chillout music girl

The man said- he was sorry!!
Alot of people don't approve of gay lifestyles...
He just opened his mouth at the wrong time.
The world needs to move on now, it is not a big deal.

chillout music girl

The next time a minority hears a gay person talking about them - they need to report them!! They should be fired too!!!
It is wrong for someone to lose their income/ job over a petty statement!!!

Go with the Flow!

I AM NOT A FAN OF THE GREY"S ANATOMY, BUT I THINK WASHINGTON WAS TREATED UNFAIRLY AND WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, WE LEARN AND WE MOVE ON.
I THINK HE IS TRULY SORRY FOR WHAT HE SAID. WE ALL AT ONE POINT OR THE
OTHER HAS SAID THINGS WITHOUT THINKING. I HOPE GREY'S WON;T LAST FOR
TOO LONG.

Go with the Flow!

IN RESPONSE TO NUMBER 1 JACOB KASZA, YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON TO WISH ANYONE DEATH. YES ISAIAH MADE A MISTAKE BUT HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU
ANY BETTER BY WISHING HIM DEATH? I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY OF HIS SHOWS AND I AM NOT BLACK (I AM STATING THAT SO IT DOES NOT GIVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
TO THINK I AM DEFENDING HIM FOR THAT REASON).

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF HUMANITY? THERE IS GOOD AND BAD IN EVERY RACE, AND EVEN THE MOST EDUCATED ONES CAN AND HAVE MADE MISTAKES. TAKE BILL
CLINTON FOR EXAMPLE, HE HAS MOVED ON WITH HIS LIFE AND HIS WIFE IS NOW
RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT, HE LIED ABOUT MONICA LEWINSKY, WHO IS HAVING A

FORGIVE AND FORGET AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. I AM SURE HE HURT A LOT OF PEOPLE BUT THATS THE WAY THE WORLD GOES AROUND. WE ALL SAY THINGS WE DON'T MEAN AT ONE POINT OR THE OTHER. OH I DON'T GO BACK TO READ IF ANYONE HAS LEFT ME ANY COMMENTS SO SAVE YOUR BREATH.
HARD TIME GOING ON WITH HER LIFE.

valleygirl621

Freedom of Speech...get over it. American's need to grow thicker skin and stop acting like little bitches. Yeah, I said it!

Kris Peterson

I don't get it. He gets fired from his job for insulting a gay guy and now he is getting all of these work offers an is being sung to by Stevie Wonder? It sounds to me as if gay people aren't getting the "props" that they are demanding. I wonder why this is?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments