Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

Terry

I saw her on Larry King. She is a faith filled fighter. I hope I can be like that if I get ill.

karen

I will miss her. She was a sweet lady.

chillout music girl

PS. She was able to remember her favorite bible verse as well.
It surprises me sometimes at how cruel can be to someone after death.

I have always been scared of death. I hope my faith is strong as tammy's when my time comes.

royalefish

You mean nasty people who comment in the name of "truth"make me sick. We don't need your negative comments get lost....go to another site and spew your evil comments Thank God that Tammy Faye won't be seeing your sick spirits in heaven, you'll be hot alright!!

royalefish

go somewhere else with your nasty hateful comments

dude

Rot in hell bitch, her and her ex Jim ripped millions of $$ off of people, don't forget that.

MeLrose

I don't think her rippin & Jim Baker} peopke off was OK, it was NOT.One damn grandma was one of them that they fooled/ripped off. BUT thats not MY business and she will get 'Judged" for the wrong she has done in life.........I wasn't even a damn fan of hers! But i still do not wish the woman DEATH,,,,,,,,, maby a murderer or a child rapist- ect

chillout music girl

If you hate tammy that is fine.. but this woman would of loved you and accepted you..
STOP this insane posting... The woman is gone... But she apolpogized and I am sure god forgives her. Jesus forgave the romans as they nailed him to the cross.
If jesus can forgive those that took his life, you can forgive tammy faye.

If you can't forgive your hate will be a one way ticket to hell..

She seemed to really be a non judgmental person. She accepted the gays and everyone.
As god doesn't care how you look..
Her faith in the end -is what really made me see through all the media hype over tammy faye who she really was inside.

God Bless Roe Messner and Tammy's children

ohio

since when is everyone perfect?? we ALL make mistakes..until you have lived in someone elses shoes quit judging.. what purpose does it serve????the woman just died.. have respect for her family ..geesh

Deborah

Dear God finally. Why did she want to die so publicly? Weird to say the least

Laurel

Rest in Peace Tammy Faye...My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Even as very sick as she was, she was inspirational, and caring for others. A very classy lady, who always held her head high, and thought of others. I wish I could have met her. We all could use a dose of her positivity. She is sadly missed.

Deanna

Tammy Fae had amazing faith and devotion with love for her god. If there is a heaven, she is there. She will be missed. Deanna

jennifer ramirez

REST IN PEACE TAMMY. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOUR FAMILY IN THIS TIME OF LOSS.TAMMY NOW YOU ARE RESTING IN PEACE NO MORE PAIN
SINCERLY JENNIFER RAMIREZ

kelly

God Bless her family and friends. She is now in heaven, no pain and nothing but pure happiness. We miss you already!

dude

All you people who are supporting her delusional, If they had ripped you off I bet you would feel diiferent. She will be worm dirt soon.