Esai Morales Comes Clean to His Fans

7/23/2007 6:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Esai MoralesFormer "NYPD Blue" star Esai Morales has written an open letter to his fans on his MySpace page in response to a lawsuit filed by his former live-in girlfriend, who claims he sexually assaulted her and gave her herpes:

To My Fans,

As you may have already heard, I have been put in a very frustrating situation by some hurtful accusations that were leveled against me in a recent lawsuit. But, because of the nature of the litigious society we live in, my very competent legal counsel is advising me not to comment at this time.

Yet, I need to assure you personally that the charges that have been leveled against me are absolutely false and without merit and I am prepared to vigorously defend myself and my reputation.

You know me. You've known me for nearly three decades. And you know in your hearts that these claims are baseless. This is not the way I live my life and I am incapable of committing these kinds of acts.

I am proud of my humanity, my activism and my respect for fellow human beings. I will continue to be optimistic and I will not let a personal attack deter me from the bigger picture.

I am grateful and humbled by your prayers, well wishes and expressions of trust and support at this time and look forward to the day when the truth will prevail.
Peace,

Esai Morales

Larry

Esai hang in there!!! You are a good actor but as stated by others it is true we do not know you. We are fond of the years you have performed for us. Playing gangsters, junkies, alcoholics, police officers and lawyers. That is why you need to let the legal system take care of this. True, what have you done lately. But acting is not that steady. Don't let the media run you down and things will just get better when this case is finished. Good luck and wish you all the best.

esaifan

i dont believe this story on esai, he has never had any bad press about him. he just got involed with the wrong girl. i admire him for coming forward on my space that is showing that he is innocent. their are so many haters in this world that are trying to bring good people down, and esai is a good person. she probely thought she would get famous by dating him, and when they broke up she got mad. i dont believe he could hurt anybody shes just wants money from him. and if she called 911 why wasnt it on the news? this girl is a whacko.

esaifan

i do not belive this story on esai he is a good person who has it all , hes sexy, handsome , smart and owns his own home. this girl is a sick person. she said she called 911 how come it wasnt on the news? and she waited a whole year to come out with this story. i admire esai for coming clean to his fans on my space. that shows he is innocent. i am for him 100% this girl is trash!

Perflictionist

FIRST!!! You go Esai!!!

MsKnowsitYahll

"YOU KNOW ME"

Is this guy for real??? Fan's don't "KNOW" these people they see on TV and in movies....you never "KNOW" these people!

*****In fact these hollywood types are always throwing "you DON'T really know me" out to the press and fans all the time.....take paris for example!!*****

#1 NO ONE gives a flying rats bottom if he gave his ex love blisters -HA-
#2 "KNOW" enough not to try to schmooz people via a lame website letter
LAME!

CO

fans?!

she smiled

I hope what he is saying is true. That would be refreshing. Good luck, man.

whatever4

DO WE HAVE A GIRL FOR YOU, ESAI!!! GOES BY THE NAME OF PARIS HILTON....& u don't have to worry about the herpes-thing...go get her, dude!!!

newfgirl

People that feel the need to respond to derogatory comments made about them are just shooting themselves in the foot. Take your lawyers advice and just shut up.

Linda

HE IS ANOTHER "MEN WHORE" SO KNOW ONE SHOULD BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS. HE IS AN " ACTORRR"., THAT'S WHAT ACT'ORRS SAY AND DO. THEY ARE FAKE.

SO I BELIEVE HER!!!!!!!!!

PerezSux

He left out the part about being a gay rent boy in NYC back in the 80s. "You known me for nearly three decades." Yes, some of us have.

know it all

Once, somebody I dated for a brief period of time did something just like this. I had left the relationship owing them a VERY SMALL amount of money, when I didn't pay them back right away, they ran around town telling everybody I had given them CRABS !!! This of course was COMPLETELY UNTRUE and the people who knew me for real knew I wasn't gross like that.

britstarr from mississippi

hope fully all that is true for you will come to light ..... relationship's especailly in hollywood can be vicious !!

Edward

Is he running for office?

Baby Daddy

Just itching to get the truth out? A burning desire to "set the record straight?" Don't stress, bro, take yourself a long hot bath, calm those nerves down.... - "YOU'VE JUST BEEN PUNK'D! SEASON 3: NO BOUNDARIES!" {"Come on, man, lighten up! Damn, you should've seen your face! Alright, bring in his old girlfriend, don't stress bro, lunch's on me... thanks for being a good sport."}

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments