Cops: "Little" Star Hit Bar, Drove Car

7/31/2007 3:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The pint-sized pop on the TLC reality show "Little People, Big World" has been hiding a pretty big secret -- he was busted for DUI last month.

According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, 45-year-old Matthew Roloff was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants, around midnight on June 19 after cops claim that Roloff's van had been swerving on the road.

Roloff, who then failed a field sobriety test, was taken to Washington County Jail, where he was cited and released.

Anonymous

Well I guess we'll be seeing Matt at AA meetings, I know where some great meetings in east county are. Welcome Matt your in the right place in AA.

Bill

It may have been a small mistake, but he could have killed people, the cops need to get all drunks off the road no matter who they are. I can't believe people posted that the cops shouldn't have stopped him because he's short and handicapped. Even if he wasn't drunk, if he can not control a vehicle, he should not be driving.

Perry Garrison

Well, we are all human and make mistakes. I have to agree that I think it would not be easy to give someone like him the usual tests. I hope that the court is not too harsh on him. I love his show and his family and I am sure that he will use this to teach his children a valuable lesson. He seems to be the type of person who will try to help others learn from his mistakes.

Lucy Lou

I agree with Scott #30. I am handicapped, in a wheelchair, and all Matt does is sits around and boss everyone around. He can always find work for everyone to do. I really don't know why he can't take a physical part in all of his projects. However I do love the show and look forward to watching it every week. My hats off to Amy.

Lucy Lou

TD

My girls and I enjoy watching the show. Matt made a huge mistake. Every year hundreds of people are arrested for drinking and driving. I don't agree with what he did, it was wrong. Thank goodness no one was injured or killed. I think he will take responsibility for his actions. Hopefully he will set an example of what not to do, and others will learn from his mistake!

cat

i think it was a matter of him being tired, and stressed. are we all so quick to judge?? he's a small person, one beer is probably all it takes to put him at a regular dui level. be real.... he's also on crutches. he can't walk without them. so how can the cops give him a fair dui field sobriety test??? do the cops even have a "small" people sobriety test???? maybe that idea should be addressed!!!

we allmake mistakes so leave the guy alone,

this guy is just like you and me,doing the best he can with what they have,if they have money it is becouse they made it them selfs.
if i could move there i would love to be freinds with them,they are a great family and if he messed up thats life,we all mess up some time in our lifes.
matt i am beside you all the way.
god bless.

Patti

Matt and his whole family have always encouraged me and it sickens me to read some of the comments that have been made about this unfortunate situation. Shame on all of you who obviously have no respect for yourselves or anyone else or these comments wouldn't have been made. I watch the show and will continue to watch it. Matt will do the right thing where this is concerned. He always does. God bless all of the Roloff's. You are wonderful, God loving people who have a very loyal following. I'll be praying for you all.

Roloffthewagon

In response to previous comment about the coward cop that arrested Roloff...better the coward cop arrest him then have to show up at someone's door saying that a "really nice, big-hearted guy" just killed their child in a drunk driving accident - grow up. This guys whole belief is how little people should be treated the same as everyone else - guess what, you drive drunk you get arrested - no height requirment required. Maybe he's not the nice guy you see on TV - remember it may be a reality TV show - but be certain - it is a "show" - he's a business man and everything you see is done to promote a certain image. Will he incorporate it into his show? Based on the smile on his face in the mugshot - absolutely, he's seeing ratings and an outpouring of sympathy from suckers like you. Maybe they'll do a Little People Big World - Intervention crossover.

Why anyone would put their family in a reality show is beyond me - but what do I know - the Osbourne kids turned out just fine.

Roloffthewagon

Hey Patti, he didn't do the right thing when he got into his truck - DRUNK, did he? How much respect did he have for the people that he could have killed? Would you all be so gracious to a nobody that was in the same prediciment? Look deep in your hearts - I don't think so.

Sue

Unfortunate for Matt, but I, too think that Amy is very nasty. If she wasn't a dwarf she would probably not stay married to Matt. She treats him badly and criticizes everything nice that he tries to do for her. Imagine how bad it must be when the cameras aren't rolling? I don't blame Matt for drinking, but he should have called a cab or asked someone to take him home. Another reason Matt is probably drinking - did you ever take a look at that house? It looks like a bomb went off! I can't imagine living in a pig-sty like that! Poor Matt has a hard time getting through the debris with his crutches. I'd have to be drunk just to walk through the door! Get those lazy-ass kids (& Amy) to clean-up and put things away! Amy needs to stop bitching and do some cleaning up!

Southern Girl

To Scott, Janet and all of the rest, Sinse you can't stand watching Matt in all of the episodes on the show, aren't you smart enough to know how to change the channel on your TV? I stand behind Matt and all of his entire family 100%. You all need to get a life!!! Southern Girl

crymeariver

yeah i just wonder hes had probs with local govt over his farm. WHo knows could be jealousy. Also in some of the shows like when he rehabbed the bathroom or had it done as a surprise. He kept getting tired easy....out of breath. Even i cant not follow a pencil sober.

met him once

All I can say is that I met him once, and he was a total prick. I have seen him many times drinking at a bar. It doesn't surprise me that he thinks he can drink and drive. He is always going on about how hard it is to be little - and how everything is against him. He isn't a very nice man IMO. I sure feel bad for his wife Amy.

I actually saw him a couple nights after his youngest kid was hurt on the pumpkin farm... at the bar by himself!

Bummer for his family - and I am really glad he didn't hurt anyone!

met him once

What kills me is that he has a bar right at the top of his DRIVEWAY... but they probably can't stand the little guy. I have talked to the bartenders at his local hangout, and most of them think he is an A$$ -