PETA-likes Protest Paris and Brit

8/2/2007 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dressed as pop dog carriers Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, PETA protesters took to the streets of Hollywood today to cast light on the problems caused by buying pets through a breeder. But really, when you dispatch people dressed up as those two, no one really cares what your cause is!

According to PETA, for every dog or cat purchased from a breeder or pet store, another dog or cat on death row at an animal shelter must be killed. At the rate Paris and Britney are going, there won't be any pets left for the rest of us! Arf, y'all!

"Forget jail or rehab," PETA Director Daphna Nachminovitch says. "These selfish stars should do a stint in an animal shelter." Hopefully, they've already had all their shots.

Petite

Posted at 5:34PM on Aug 2nd 2007 by mc
"Hey Petite, sorry you didn't get "your money's worth" out of your pound puppies, because they died young. I'm sure you still gave them a good life. Some people with extra big hearts come to shelters to choose the high maintenance, old and unattractive dogs and cats. I bet they get alot of satisfaction from rescuing these pets even if they only have them for a short time."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm taking that as sarcasam towards me...
I chose two very unattractive mutts that were on death's door. They had a wonderful life with me, and I with them. I'm proud to say I have rescued dogs from the needle of death.

jeff horton

www.petakillsanimals.com
you need to go to this siteand check it out for yourself. i would never give Peta another penny after finding this out.

Mia

Pets stores will no longer offer to sell pets if there is no market. No one needs to go to a store and buy a living creature. If licensed breeders were able to gain the business, you would never be short of pets. Don't get me started on people who think they need a snake or a lizard. Pet stores should only sell supplies. People who want a life companion animal need to learn about the breed, research breeders and their qualifications, and visit the animals over a period of time to see if they are compatible. ANYONE who buys an animal on a whim or impulse is acting out of selfishness rather than a desire make a liftime commitment. Impulse pet buyers are the ones who send animals to their deaths.

t spoon

I like Paris Hilton. Ive seen Simple Life and she seems pretty concientious of animals. I think PETA should stick with issues instead of nit-picking people.

jenn

The problem with people like Paris and Brittney is not thatthey buy dogs from breeders..it is that they buy dogs as if they are disposable. When they don,t like one anymore, they get rid of it, and buy a new one. A pet is a lifetime responsibilty, not something that comes and goes like the latest fashions!! Paris and Brittney suck!!!!

the shadow

There are times PETA goes overboard (my opinion) but at least makes people aware of the cruelty we impose to animals, I find it ridiculous to pay over $200.00 for a pure breed if a person is looking for a companion any pet will do , animal love should be blind. I owned FIVE dogs which I rescued when they were puppies and all but one have died, all having a lifespan of 19 years old in human years. Many years of unconditional love I received from them, which I do not think I will ever get from my fellow humans. Please when you get a pet think of it as a loving long lasting relationship, it is a wonderful and rewarding experience.

samantha

# 21 Very well said. Many shelter dogs are well trained and well behaved because they are family pets. In fact, many of them will have a longer life expectancy because they are less likely to be inbred, like dogs from some breeders. I have had dogs my whole life and some of the sweetest, smartest and (I have to say it) cutest happened to have come from pounds. I'll only adopt from now on.

I like to think that most everyone who bring home a dog or cat is an animal lover, on some level. What better way to show your compassion and heart than to SAVE A DOG'S LIFE. They really do appreciate it!

PETA has had some silly campaigns and protesters but their intentions are good.

Sara

ChrisTOPHER, you are completely wrong. MANY dogs that are in shelters are in perfect health and are obedient and house trained. It is ignorant dumbasses like you that encourage people to buy from breeders when there are THOUSANDS of perfect dogs dying every day in shelters.

Erica

I have three dogs and five cats. All pound rescues. All fixed. And all having great lives. I am all for anyone who has the ability to adopt an animal to do so.... even if it is a pampered rich heiress. Peta is just exploiting there celebrity for there cause. And All of the cheap and tacky publicity stunts they have pulled over the years have made me stop being a Peta follower.

Ethical treatment of animals is one thing. Exploiting celebrities who are animal lovers for there cause by ridiculing them is just plain cheap. Everytime one of these cheap ploys for publicity are pulled they make themselves more and more into a joke.

Keep it up Peta, we here you loud and clear.

j

My two cats were found roaming my old apartment complex. I took the first one off a neighboring balcony where he'd been abandoned for an entire weekend. The second I found while moving out 11 yrs later. My housemate has two dogs- a shelter adoptee, and a Pomeranian from a home that couldn't keep him.

#6:
I do contemplate on a daily basis that I do better for my cats than is done for many children in this world. But alas, I just can't afford REAL children because I can barely afford myself...

Marshall Jefferson

I think that the Paris mask and Leatherface were separated at birth.

bettyboop11

Poor PETA, is just a stupid organization to stupid people(Hello Pam)

smallanimaldvm

perhaps some PETA folks are well-intentioned but recently PETA zealots are suspected of poisoning some top show dogs at dog shows in more than one state along the Atlantic coast--one of these was a very sweet French bulldog belonging to one of my clients. I can't understand how doing harm to animals translates to helping them. I'm sure Paris and Britney love their pets as much as anyone and should not be criticized for obtaining a pet they desire; The responsible breeders I know have their puppies or kittens pre-sold before the litter is even bred and have contracts for the return of any animal for any reason so they do not end up in shelters, they also do not sell to petstores; if every one was like that, the pet overpopulation situation would improve dramatically.

m

people .. SPAY AND NUETER YOUR PETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over popoulation of dogs and cats is a PEOPLE problem.. take respoinsiblity..thousands of dogs and cats are euthanized each year..... the animals always suffer because people are the stupid ones..

STAR

What does PETA think will happen if no one buys
animals from Pet Store's? What do you think will
happen to all the animals left behind? They face
a life of being caged till their adult and then eventually
put to sleep or givin to a shelter eventually at least
Britney and Paris saved the puppies from the pet store
and gave them a home! the animals that are in Pet Stores
need homes too its not their fault for being bred in a puppy
mill. They need love too!!!