Ving Rhames' Dogs Maul Man to Death

8/3/2007 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LAPD tells TMZ that "Mission Impossible" star Ving Rhames' dogs have mauled and killed a man who worked for the actor.

Cops tell TMZ the victim worked as a caretaker for Rhames, watching over the dogs and his home. The four dogs, including Mastiffs and an English Bulldog, have been taken into custody by Animal Control. When LAPD received the call this morning at 7:15, they say they found a 40-year-old black male on the front lawn, deceased.

Calls to Ving's reps were not immediately returned, and the actor, apparently, is out of the country shooting a movie.
KABC is reporting that the body of the caretaker had bites all over his body. And police tell us they've never gone out to the house for an incident related to the dogs before.

Story developing ...

Zenophobe Alien

Nancy Drew. what is it about my statement that you object to? #92

DogPhobic

Any dog can turn in an instant and I know this first-hand. I was alone playing ball with my dog. It was time to leave and I called him back with the ball. He brought the ball to me, I picked it up, said "Let's go boy" and walked toward the house. In an instant, he was at my back, tearing my flesh.

I had over 40 stitches to my back and had the dog put down so he would never be a danger to anyone else. I had the dog over 10 years without incident to anyone including my children and suddenly something changed.

Needless to say I am petrified to this day of dogs. Mostly large ones but even some smaller. I am petrified to the point of a massive phobia, panic attacks when I need to walk to town etc..

I feel for the victim and his family in this case as well as the owner that has to deal with the loss of life of his caretaker and possibly his dogs, (If it's proven his dogs did this)

Common Sense

I'm with #12. The only reason people have this type of animal is for EGO"S!!!!! Charge the
owner and no matter who he or she might be, liability is liability.

Tangie

#85-Nancy Drew, Amen, girlfriend!

Donna

Tori, don't worry about Nancy Drew..he/she obviously has it out for white people and well, you do have a "white" name..she's just pickin', that's all.

ChrisG

There are A LOT of really dumb people on this board.

Newsflash: The story was just released, information is sketchy at this time.

Why don't you idiots cool your jets and wait to hear something concrete before you start blaming 1) Ving Rhames 2) an ENTIRE BREED OF DOGS.

Jeez.

C-dog

T: #101 Jamie Kennedy--I guess no White people own German Sheperds, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, Bloodhounds and Dobermans. You don't know what the hell you are talking about. p.s., you're an idiot.

SlappDaddy

To bad it wasn't OJ!!

Jamie

My parents have two Mastiffs and they are the most gentle, loving animals. If you google them, you will also find that the breed is known for their calm/lazy disposition and are even labeled as a good breed for homes with other animals and children. Something was either done to provoke these dogs or else these dogs were raised purposely to be vicious. Mastiffs are just big... They do not have the disposition of pitbulls and rotweillers. Hope they can investigate and find out what made these dogs go over the edge. Too bad though because it had to take a man's life tragically and most likely all the dogs will be put down. The owner needs to face some charges.

Zenophobe Alien

Hmmmm, Nancy Drew? Wasn't she a fictional White girl? Maybe you are a fictional Moron? Oh, maybe not. This time you are the real deal

DDog 69

This is why YOUR WEBSITE SUCKS.

The title says the dogs did it, but then the article contradicts it and says they're not sure yet.

At least try to apply some rules of journalism to your paparazzi site.

Zenophobe Alien

Donna, you know what is so sad and soo silly in here? I have a "white" name and I am a Shawnee living on a Reservation. We don't treat our animals with disrespect either.

Tangie

"Tori" is a white name? Could you be any more ignorant Donna? Get back in your hole, toad.

Michaele

The man had dog bites on him but he might have dead before the dogs bit him, they might have been doing this to get him up. Mastiffs aren't usually agressive dogs, I feel bad for the owner of the dogs as well.

Tangie

Jamie K--aren't you the dumb white guy who wants to be a black rapper?