Identity Theft Ring Preys on Paris

8/4/2007 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A Philadelphia identity theft ring targeted hundreds of people, including Paris Hilton!

The postal villains used celebs' personal information to make up fake checks and apply for credit cards, reports local CBS affiliate KYW. Victims of the mail fraud include Patti Labelle, Whitney Houston and J.Lo.

Two people were arrested yesterday in conjunction with the scam. The scheming scammers used postal service change of address forms to redirect stars' mail to their North Philadelphia row home.

Juls

First!!!

Jim

All those other names involved and Paris is who you headline. Get your tongue out of her ass and let her die the death we all need her to.

know it all

Fame comes with a price.
I'm not famous. I don't have alot of money, and my credit is just... okay.
Nobody messes with me.... and I like it just fine !!

Sloane

Unfortunately I was a victim myself and I'm a regular person with a only few credit cards.
A major chain store had a problem with customer info getting out and somehow because my credit is good (like most of you) the info was used to get loans and more credit cards and run me into debt etc. I found out early on when my own bank called me to inquire about a $2000+ purchase made that same morning in France!! I've never been to France and I was lucky that my bank had found it to be unusual and not my normal pattern and it was red flagged.

That was the beginning of my nightmare! The stars have much more $$ to be taken and they are lucky in that they can hire lawyers to help straighten things out and it is probably still no walk in the park . When it happens to one of "us" it is truely a nightmare.

Mrs. Harvey Levin

People really are awful!

Anon

Hey Jim - #2 you are absolutely right! This is just another feel sorry for Paris Hilton “story” by TMZ. Why can’t they mention the other celebrities that were hurt by this scam? Scamming has hurt many people...is Hilton more important than them…than us?

Paris has herpes

Another lame attempt to keep Paris' name around so she's still relevant. She's over, TMZ, deal wth it.

really?

Does Whitney really have anything left to steal?

Truth is stranger than fiction

Ugh! Another "empathy" story for Paris Hilton. First it was PETA, now it's identity theft. Do you honestly think we're that stupid, TMZ? Or are Hilton's publicists right: "Any press is good press."

Parents Need to Know

TMZ and Harvey - when are you people going to realize Parass is last years news?

Anything to keep Her "Nastiness's" career alive, TMZ posts it.

Guess she's so busy doing her Charity work she hasn't had time to go out clubbing and giving lap dances.

We're over her - when are you going to be?

;)

ya I wouldn't have focused on paris hilton . . . I would have focused on the talented people that got their identity stolen, like Patti LaBelle. Hell even JLo would have given TMZ an 1/8 of an ounce of respect for even covering this story.

Big Bear

What person with any self respect would want the name of the retard parass herpes??

Parents Need to Know

Whoever stole Her "Air-Ass's" identity was a "real social climber"!

Megan

God damn criminals...get a real job. God I hate criminals. Poor Paris...pfh, poor Paul Allen! There's a self-made guy with a lot more to lose!

PDQ

Paris, France had it's identity stolen????? Merde!! It's gotta be the British that did it. Next thing you know French food will be bland and tasteless and Citroens will have Lucas electrical components, guaranteeing that their headlights will go on when you flip the windshield wiper switch!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments