When Plinko Attacks!!

8/10/2007 7:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Drew Carey was injured today on the set of "The Price is Right."

Sources on the set tell TMZ that today during rehearsals "Price's" new host got his arm caught in a game with some sort of rotating device. Wheel of misfortune!

Doesn't sound serious though -- we're told Carey was well enough to make his lunch appointment.

When we contacted his managers, all we were told was "He's fine and everything's OK." They had no additional info.

We've learned that Carey may see a doc this afternoon and could be back on the set later today.

One source told TMZ that Drew is back on the set, wearing a "soft cast." We're told a bruised bone is the diagnosis and he will return to see a specialist at a later date.

UPDATE: TMZ has learned that Drew got his arm caught in the revolving turntable on stage while rehearsing for the Grocery Game. While he was bruised up a bit, Carey is feeling wheely better. He's back at work joking around with crew members and even showing off his battle wounds on his iPhone! Come on down, Drew!

FABIO

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

I love Drew Carey!

DanoMurf

Pre-Carey-ous situation, huh?

rachel

What a doofus! priceless!

Snarksnarksnark

Yeah, this is newsworthy. ;)

cece

Bob managed for 35 yrs and this dork comes in and gets hurt in the first month.

Bob Barker ROCKS!!!!

SuperStarSteve

Who knew it would take such coordination?

We know who is unethical

OMG! I hope it wasn't the arm he jerks off with!!!

Radical Free Agent

I hope Drew is OK. I just adore him. I love All-American fellows like Mr. Carey. He's swell.

Donna

It's true. Drew was great at the first day of tech. rehearsal. He got his wrist caught rehearsing grocery game as the turntable with the cash register rotated. He was in a good deal of pain, but got medical attention immediately from CBS. He was back and in good spirits for afternoon rehearsal. He was wearing a soft cast which he will be able to remove for next weeks tapings. I think everyone will be pleased with his performance when he takes over.

Brenda Halleck

Glad to hear Drew is okay. It's awesome that he has taken over the show and I'm sure he'll do an good job.. Finally Bob Barker has retired. He was such a prick in between filming the show. I can't believe he lasted this long.

Go with the Flow!

Poor Dofus Drew, He is going to be ok! Yeah now i can relax.

POOPER SCOOPER

Price is Right with Drew Carey still seems like an odd fit to me. I see it's about as good a fit as Lisa Marie Presly and Michael Jackson

cyndy howlett

I'm so happy that Drew is ok! Just proves that show is not so easy to host and Bob Barker made it look easy! Good luck and get well soon Drew! Can't wait to come on down next week!

ac sports book