Bad Sushi Night -- Brad Garrett Attacks

8/13/2007 10:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Things got downright racial last night in Malibu, when a paparazzo taunted Brad Garrett, calling him racist to his face. Garrett then took out his anger on the wrong guy, bitchslapping a TMZ photog.

It happened outside Nobu restaurant around 11:30 PM, after a photog from the FAME photo agency questioned the "Everybody Loves Raymond" star about a joke he made about black people earlier in the week. According to several witnesses and FAME, last month Brad noticed a black photog taking his picture, and in Kramer-esque fashion quipped, "I didn't know there were black people in Malibu. Go back to where you came from."

Fast forward to last night, where the 6'8" behemoth reached his boiling point when the same black photog questioned him about the alleged comment. The photog told Garrett that there were "more black people here this time," to which the actor replied, "Yeah, I know ... when did they let you out?" Furious at the comment, photog told Garrett, "You're racist. You should be ashamed on [sic] yourself."

Obviously frustrated, Garrett then lost his cool completely. Instead of reacting to the snapper making the comments, Garrett approached TMZ's cameraman and unleashed his right hand, smashing the camera into the photog's face.

Calls to Garrett's reps were not immediately returned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Katie

What a jackass. He is a talentless hack. I hope he gets charged with assault. Ugly piece of crap.

maria

I saw him in Disney in April he is a arrogant and nasty person. He is not friendly. Is his 15 min. up yet?

PerezSux

Oh, come on. They totally instigated him. He should know better than to take the bait, but even so...this is hardly worth reporting. There are plenty of real racists, homophobes and nut jobs to pursue. Must've been a slow night, TMZ.

mary

Once again..... it's never the fault of the tmz photographer, much easier to blame the other guy.Keep your cameras out of people's faces and there won't be any problem.

rachel

What a loser!! What a bitch !!!! What a maroon!!!

huh

Good for him.

You bitches cross the line EVERY time you get close enough to get smacked.

Any normal human would have done the same.

gus

The paparazzi deserve every bitch slap they get. What a bunch of bottom feeders.

John Denver Rules

I consider myself a very good judge of character. I have always thought that in real life brad is a jerk. I always just got that vibe. Thanks for confirming brad. I really am magical!!!

v

Does TMZ have to stoop to taunting a guy to get press?

Flander Anapolis

Tall ugly azz giant. He is soooooo not funny. I hope they can his show, then he will beg photogs to take his picture.

lisa z

Racist people suck!!!

Goldie Hand

someday the TMZ fun will all come crashing down because this stuff is like a trainwreck. You make celebs mad, they react, then you use THAT to make a story. I dont know why PAPS are allowed to do this still. Other than Paris, who really likes the flashbulbs in their face when they are trying to go out?

spy

I can confirm that jennilyn is indeed magic. I once saw her conjure a dreidel from her smelly box! It spun like a dervish and then vanished. But the smell remained.

Michelle

I like Brad. BUT. He definitely had no right hitting the TMZ guy. He should have hit the black guy, but then that would have been considered racism. Even though the guy was taunting him and being obnoxious. The TMZ guy had every right to be pissed, I didn't hear his voice one time being rude, and if that guy hit me, I'de whine too, he's huge!

HumbleKing

True racists are always revealed. I've told someone recently that racism in this country has gotten worse over the past 20 years. This is proof.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments