Foxy's Blackberry Beatdown!

8/15/2007 12:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Foxy BrownChanneling her inner Naomi, rapper Foxy Brown has been arrested for smacking her neighbor upside the head with her Blackberry.

The 27-year-old, whose real name is Inga Marchand, turned herself in to NYPD yesterday afternoon to be booked on felony assault, menacing, harassment and criminal possession of a weapon. She was arraigned and released on $5,000 bail.

Cops say the "Ill Na Na" rapper, who is currently on probation, smacked her 25-year-old neighbor on July 30 with her Blackberry during an argument. According to police, the victim nearly lost some teeth, and her lip and eye swelled up. Nasty! A police report was filed and Foxy agreed to turn herself in.

She's due back in court on September 26th.

Ambigirl2010

This woman and Naomi are losers. I don't care how much money they have, how much celebrity, notoriety or fans, they are losers. They have no conscience, they feel that because they are celebs they have a "be an idiot" free card or "be a total stupid woman and look good" card, that it is expected and will be accepted

Ms. Marchand and Naomi are going to run into the right person or people one day and get their asses handed to them, in addition to the judge who could give a good crap who and what they are, just that they broke the law and they have to pay for it.

Vicky

Just what exactly is it one has to do to go to jail? It's not hit & run, it's not DUI, it's not drug possession, it's not assualt. So what is it? I hear about overcrowding in jails, but can't figure out why, when no one seems to go to jail for anything they do!

Nunna

Re: i-play-dumb-only-on-tmz

O-k

I just know that most people when confronted by a particular race get more scared than confronted by another race. A lot have a "chip on the shoulder I went thru this and that discrimination etc so I deserve to get away with everything including hitting, striking, and acting violent so deal with it" attitude but guess what? Get over it... let's move on. We're in 2007 now. And rap consists of... degrading women, gun shooting, I sold these drugs... I agree with most other comments. The less rappers in the world the better. I have friends of all colors, all sizes, all ages, and they agree with me. And quit yelling, it's rude.

THE SOURCE

You Know what they say about those BLACKBERRIES?
Obviously her neighbor got a taste of it!!!

BRONX

this bitch must go to jail, she is out of hand.

Democrats are evil

Why are Black women so angry? This type of reaction is so common.

meat_arian

39. Why are Black women so angry? This type of reaction is so common.

Posted at 2:59AM on Aug 16th 2007 by Jiggy

because they dont take kindly being disrespected.

Unlike Saudi Arabia where the woman cant drive and its okay by them and

remember who refuse to sit at the BACK of the BUS here in America ... a black woman.

Terry

# 9 " Don't be so quick to judge we have only heard one side "

Are you her publicist?
This girl has a record and a history of violence, She was the one the police chose to arrest ( again). The other person was injured and not arrested. How much more of the story do you need .
There seems to be a on going pattern with her, She is either on drugs or has a anger problem that is escalating that's my judgement.
If you object to judging TMZ is not for you lol.

FATASS

you go girl!!!!!!

Grammer

READERS, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO WRITE BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTS ABOUT ANY SUBJECT.

Rondorf

I own a Blackberry. Should I be worried the next time a cop pulls me over in Brooklyn, for Criminal Possession of a Weapon (Blackberry)? Should I just turn myself in now and hope for leniency?

Nunna

RE: Posted at 8:05PM on Aug 15th 2007 by Ill-Nunna

Looks like "i-play-dumb-only-on-tmz"'s comments were taken off. Ha!

RE: Posted at 3:12AM on Aug 16th 2007 by queenie

I thank God for women like Rosa Parks who refused to sit at the back of the bus to make a statement in a peaceful manner. We should all look to her as a role model. We all remember her now because she influenced much-needed changes in America. But she did it in a peaceful manner, catch my drift? MLK - peaceful, right? Cesar Chavez - peaceful, right? Those are the types of role models I want my child and neices/nephews to look up to, not these violent, angry, out of control rappers. Hopefully soon we'll see these types (peaceful, but strong and ready to make a statement) of role models in the Middle East too, so women can drive and not be beaten because they are showing their ankles.

Women from other races may be degraded, but are not as ready to respond by attacking violently because that's not a solution. It only makes you look bad and ignorant.

Nunna

I don't take kindly to disrespect either, but I'm not about to throw my Blackberry at someone, or a punch, or pull out a gun. I just would rather not deal with it. I guess you could say I'm above that, and darn proud of it.

Nunna

Re: 43. READERS, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO WRITE BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTS ABOUT ANY SUBJECT.

FYI -- "Grammar" is spelled G-R-A-M-M-A-R

How about learning to spell before posting comments on any subject? Also, writing in all caps is not a good thing. You might wanna brush up on your writing skills yourself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3