Heidi: Spencer's Not The Only Fake

8/15/2007 3:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag's $2890.00 ring"The Hills" attention-whore-in-chief Heidi Montag got a serious rock from her, uh, beloved fiancee, Spencer Pratt. But it looks like the bling is about as "real" as all the bitchfighty drama on the MTV series.

As you may have seen, not-so-big-spender Pratt asks to borrow pal Brody Jenner's credit card to buy the engagement ring -- slow week with no tabloid photos to sell! Princess Heidi's engagement ring was purchased from the Ice Accessory store at a mall in Brentwood. Spencer ultimately picked out what looked like a pink diamond surrounded by diamonds, and even crowed that J. Lo and Kobe's wife Vanessa had identical ice, and that Heidi would need "a GPS device" for the ring in case she lost it.

One problem: Heidi's ring is a big fat FAKE! Sources tell TMZ that the pink diamond is really a lavender, lemon amethyst! The ring is surrounded by diamonds and the ring retails for $2,890! Not exactly chump change, but definitely a little low-rent for Jenny's block -- or ring finger.

Anon

why I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out that reality tv isn't actual reality.

Always Curious

I think it is very funny how hideious obnoxious people think that....geeee I have mommy and daddy paying for my hair, make-up and clothes - backing my business ventures...so that makes me pretty! Sorry - you still have a face like a horse! And a personality of a slug with salt on it!

Lein

Well, now we know why they are always at the beach...it's FREE! This is one of the best stories in recent days - I only hope it's true, not that I am doubting you guys (cough).

justin markie

I hate JUSTIN Bobby , more than SPENCER>>>>
Leave my Spencie alone...

AVA

If it weren't for this scripted feud, you "TEAM LAUREN" dumbasses wouldn't even be watching! She's not pissed about the sex tape leaking, it's because PEREZ found out the details of it and gave her the nickname "BEEF CURTAINS"!!!!!

Simone

I would be so embarrassed if I were these morons. Now everyone knows that her ring is as fake as they are. So pathetic.

I bet Lauren is laughing her ass off.

karmasabitch

OMG......ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN COULD LOOK AT THAT THIS AND SEE ITS NOT A REAL DIAMOND GEESH.........SPENCER IS A CREEP HOW U GONNA GO BUY A RING AND HAVE THE NERVE TO ASK YA ACE BOY TO BORROW MONEY......HE IS SUCH A LOSER....HELL THEY BOTH ARE

cb

Is it just me or doea Move to Michigan sound like one of the ugly people who couldn't get any friends. Stick with Hiedi...you sound like two peas in a pod.

Mimi

Does Spencer even work? What does he do all day? Everyone else works. Spencer do
something.

Mimi

something.

Gina

I wonder if they will make a public announcement or something now that the news about the fake ring is all over the media. Like someone said, it doesn't matter if it's fake or not - but Spencer is such a creep. I used to adore Heidi, but now I can't stand to watch her... Spencer has her so brainwashed. She is a pretty young girl & deserves a guy who will treat her right, and not just use her and a TV show to get famous!

Ang

Although I really hate Spencer and Hiedi, before the new season started they had an interview with them in a magazine and at that time she even siad he bought me an engagement ring that had an amethyst and he even said in the article that it was around 2500$ so he didn't lie (even though he does lie about most things) and she knew what kind of ring it was. I think the ring was pretty. But they should by no means get married.

Katie L.

ok i dunno if its just me but if the ring was fake why would anyone pay almost $3000 for it? for $3000 it better be real. I dont watch the hills much i do every now and again but people need to lay off heidi and spencer they're kids still and they're actin as kids would. and if u notice LC brought alot of this onto herself . both parties are to blame for this stupid rumor fight. and to those peeps sayin the ring is ugly , ur just jealous that ring isnt ugly and u know it!!! JEALOUSLY HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS WHOLE SITUATION!!!

deirdre

Just think. It cost less than her boobs but waaaayyyy more than those chompers of her.

lisag

fake, fake, fake. The jewelry is fake...The wearer is fake and most of all, the giver is fake. Sounds like a life long commitment to me.