It's Raining "Umbrella" Covers!

8/15/2007 2:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the undisputed summer song of 2007, so it was only a matter of time until "Umbrella" got the "My Humps"/Alanis Morissette treatment. This time, the refreshing remix comes courtesy of that fresh-faced Mandy Moore.

Pepsi Smash has put together a series of covers for their website, including Rihanna's take at "Redemption Song," a Daughtry stab at "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and Bowling for Soup, who tackle Fergie's "London Bridge." While they're all fun, it's Moore's haunting cover of the Barbadian's hit that TMZ staffers have found to be hella (ella ella eh eh eh) good. (A similar cover on MySpace from singer Scott Simon is just as entertaining.)

Moore's no veteran to stripping down a pop uber-hit -- she did the same thing to her own saccharine "Candy," gutting out a bluesy version during her live shows.

BiGBallin

Mediocre at best talent compounded by the fact that she is annoying as hell = NO SALE!

SayWhat

What?

shells

I love Mandy's re-make

phungwin

Her cover SUCKS. Scott Simon's is much much much better. All she's doing is singing the lyrics in a souless zombie way. Booooooooooooo!

jh1

Just watched "I'm Mandy Moore" on Oxygen last night. It was nice to see what a person releasing an album actually goes through. She seems so grown up and so sincere.

serene

She's a talented actress and decent singer, but her mouth should not be on the mic...literally...her lips touching the mic.

Good remake by Simons.

Kellie

Ok, I just watched that video of her cover of Umbrella, and it sucks just like the original. They play that song way too much. I wouldn't mind telling them what they could do with their UMBRELLA!!!!

angee

I thought it sounded like a Bad Karaoke performance myself. Leave "Umbrella" to Rhianna

Rondo

Oh come on. Everyone knows that the song for 2007 is "Chocolate Rain". That is going to be my wedding song.

Mel

Scott Simons version of Umbrella is so much better than Mandy Moore's or Rhiannas!

silver

Marie' Digby did an acoustic cover first and better. Check it out on Youtube or iTunes.

James

ROFL...Umm...no. she is better off doing a cover of "chocolate rain"!!!

caramelcutee

She is not Barbadian, please learn your island culture. She is Bajan (bay jan).

Stef

My favorite part is how she's all "I usually don't listen to Top 40, but this song is just too melodic."

So, she spews out Top 40 crap, but she's too good to listen to it? Does that mean she doesn't listen to her own music?

Wait, technically she can cos her records never make the Top 40.

tooth fairy

Stop ruining the song! Bitch! Doesn't she have anything better to do?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments