Mayer and Mandy: New Celeb Couple Alert?

8/15/2007 11:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Has John Mayer rebounded from Jessica Simpson with another singer/actress?

The "Chocolate Rain" singer was spotted out in SoHo yesterday having lunch with Mandy Moore, who was in town for the premiere of her new movie, "Dedication."

The frumpy pair (is that a potato sack she has on?) would make sense as a couple -- she likes funny guys with good musical taste (Zach Braff) and he likes women.

anonymous

They both seem normal, Jessica was too dumb for him probably....

Churd

How does this guy keep getting laid by all the hotties?

SayWhat

John Mayer always seems to me that he's from outer space. And wasn't there a movie about space aliens after earth women? Run, Mandy, run!

Proud Marine Mom

I watched a special about Mandy Moore last night; and I have to admit that I really like her. She tries very hard to be a normal person. As far as dating John Mayer, I think they make a cute couple. Of course thanks to the media; we'll see how it goes. :)

shirliana

SO PROUD OF YOUR NEW CHOICE... JESSICA IS SO DUMB... SHE WAS NOT MEANT FOR YOU... THAT 'S WHY NICK LACHEY AND HER WENT THEIR OWN WAY. I AM SURE THIS ONE WILL BE ABLE TO COOK, DO LAUNDRY...CLEAN HOUSE... SINCE JESSICA DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.....KEEP THAT NEW ONE/

shirliana

Mike

Well, John Mayer's music has a panty-dropping effect on the ladies. And from what I've seen on that one episode of "John Mayer has a TV Show" and appearances on Best Week Ever and Chappelle's Show, he's got a great sense of humor. That's why he pulls the top tier trim, such as: JLH, Jessica Simpson and now, Mandy Moore.

Lein

That's an odd couple.

Georgia Peach

...And they are both from Atlanta, Ga.

TheONE

That Mandy Moore is so ugly

lizzy

Such a good match! I lost respect for him with JS, but he can redeem his integrity w a real woman like MM. They'll probably not be good for the gossip sights tho.

Mary Anne

I really do not understand John Mayer's choices in women. I have all of his albums and if you really listen to the words of his songs; the women he is seen with do not FIT him! It is sort of like when the "Boss" married a movie star and then divorced her when he found out his true love was his back up singer in his band. John Mayer is looking in the wrong places. Of all the men who needs a "down to earth woman", John Mayer is the one!

Danielle

Mandy has a boyfriend and she and John have been friends for a few years. They know some of the same people so I'm pretty sure it was just friends getting together for lunch.

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

I like Mandy Moore. She’s smart. She’s not starving herself into a size 0. She’s not out getting wasted and arrested. She seems like she has herself together. Some may think that’s boring, but boring is better than crazy any day.

Glisten Garbor

I'd like to see him with Jessica Alba...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments