Lawyer to Britney -- Enough Already

8/17/2007 1:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Laura Wasser/Britney SpearsTMZ has learned famed divorce lawyer Laura Wasser wants to quit Brit.

Sources connected to her divorce case tell us Wasser is about to resign as Spears' attorney. The disso-queen, who has repped scores of stars including Angelina Jolie and Nick Lachey, sealed the deal on the divorce late last month. Now that the divorce is done, Wasser is done.

We're told Wasser has put Spears in touch with other lawyers who could help the singer in her ongoing custody battle with Fed-Ex, but Spears has become so reliant on Wasser she doesn't like any of the alternatives. There's probably good reason -- with Spears flipping out before our eyes, it's pretty amazing Wasser was able to get a 50/50 custody split in the settlement.

As for why Wasser wants out, we're guessin' crisis of conscience.

Wasser didn't return our calls.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Jo barrett

Britney,I'm so sorry that so many people are so quick to judge you.I think you love your children very much,I also think your a great mom so don't let anyone bring you down,no one is without secrets of their own.I've always been told by my children"peoples opinions are only important if they mean something to you".Translated if they are'nt important to you then neither is their opinions,,,,,,,to all who are judging britney"sweep your own back porches before you try to clean someone elses".Someone earlier said for britney to get a life ,,,,,well hello ya'll get a life,as far as K-FED,HE'S NOT ONLY A USER,HE'S A LOSER&SHE WORKED HARD FOR HER MONEY!!!GET A JOB K-FED!Good Luck Britney!!

BonnieDee

I feel bad for her. Her life was going great until that ass Kevin entered it. Seems all he wanted to do was use the poor girl. Its like he and Shar had it planned. He's using Britneys money to suuport the kids he has w/ her and buys everything with her money. No wonder she's cracked.

white trash america

hey you WHACK-JOB conspiracy theorists...

she was LOONEY TUNES before she even met kevin - or don'tcha remember the vegas marriage to jason alexander? well, i guess i can't really blame you for that, huh? i mean it only lasted 55 hours. hahahahahahaha!!

seriously, all of you enablers should be obliterated off the face of this planet.

WhoRU2judge

Honsetly I am not a Britney Spears fan, However there is not a person in this world that does not have problems. What makes all of this so bad is that she is in the public eye and her private business gets leaked to the public. As a normal human being I have problems and there is things in my life that I have done that I am not proud of, But the only difference is that nobody knows. Who are we to judge her for anything that she has done? We do not no the whole store, we only get bits and pieces. She is a mother as well as a star,but that does not mean that she is suppose to stay home all the time. Everybody goes out ,everybody has fun,and everybody spends time away from her children. I do not doubt that she loves her kids. But I do no that she has had a ruff couple of years. It seems like everybody that gets close to her uses her. How would you feel if couldnt trust anyone?

defender of the femme

to: glad justin dodged that bullet,

glad you're not a pastor--wouldn't want to go to your church.
by the way, "God" probably doesn't like being misquoted or taken out of context. That "render under Caesar what is Caesar's" passage is specifically about paying TAXES. (Matthew 22:21).

In that same book, the gospel of Matthew, there is also a passage called The Beatitudes" and I recommend you read it.

Based upon your furious response and epithets, I recommend you hold off on having children anytime soon.

Anger management is down the hall from bipolar management. You can do it--
When one door closes...another one opens...

Will be glad to hear you speaking from the other side.

attorney directory

The Attorney did the right thing

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11