Gummi Bear is Disintegrating!

8/20/2007 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that our favorite ursine specimen, Jason "Gummi Bear" Davis, has developed -- wait for it -- a flesh eating disease! Call a vet!

Gummi told our staffer that he contracted a staph infection after scraping his legs in a nasty fall a couple of months ago. Gummi fall down go boom! The open wounds became infected, causing "weeping" sores that spread all over his body, back and legs. Unbearable! Gummi said he's on a powerful antibiotic called Zyvox-- at $4,000 a pop! Jason told a TMZ staffer, "I am literally being eating alive!" A smorgasboard for bacteria that could take up to thirty-two years to accomplish.

One positive thing for Gummi: he's given up booze and says he hasn't had a drink for nine weeks. Just when the bear was repairing, he starts to rot.

anthonysdreamgirl**

I don't know why, but this guy makes me laugh. ;-)

Mags

TEAM BACTERIA!!!!

Erin

He looks like Ursela from The Little Mermaid.

Baby Shamble

I know, he's hilarious in some weird way. He reminds me of someone from back in the 1920s or 1930s. Just very strange and eccentric, but harmless.

He sure is nicer than his idiot brother...

Tired OfLohan

Cool! A picture of a beach whale on a lawn chair. Pretty rare!!
Hope someone shot it and put it out of misery. Looks pretty miserable if you ask me.

writergal

You know that scene in "Click" where Adam Sandler gets fat? This guy looks like him in that scene.

mangey

Oh God, did he have sex with Paris? She has been known to have weeping sores in unmentionable places.

mangey

Looks like fat bastard LOL

mangey

OMG they are oozing through his shirt! Jabba the Hut is back!!!

gothdiva

OMG - i howl each time TMZ writes about Gummi.....frickin hilarious!!

Lein

I swear I saw Simon Birch hiding under gummi's moo-moo.

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

For some strange reason, out of all the famous for no reason people you spotlight here, I like him. All the rest annoy me to no end. I hope he stays sober. Good luck Jason.

carol

I don't understand how he can have flesh eating disease and still be alive and walking around!! My ex-husband died from flesh eating!! once this starts it eats at your body, 1- inch per hour, that is way most people have large chunks of their bodies missing because they have to dig it out to try and stop it from continuing to eat at your flesh. He should consider himself extremely lucky than if he has not needed to be ripped apart by surgeons!!!

In L.A.

#8 - hilarious! I was actually thinking is that Jiminy Glick?!

Stevie B

Sounds like he contracted HERPES from Paris!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments