Littler Star Doesn't Twinkle in Big Return

8/20/2007 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For a woman who made her name in TV by being sassy, Star Jones sure kept things somber in her hyped return to television.

Jones' eponymous Court TV series began with an awkwardly Hot Topics-esque roundtable called "The Wrap Sheet" and an interview with verbal diarrhea-ist Isaiah Washington, in which even Isaiah didn't quite muster the energy to answer Star's questions. Advertisers also got into the lack of rhythm of things, with long, languorous ads from Cholest-Off and ScalpMed chewing up time.

Star did take one chance -- in her cri de Star "Open Letter" segment -- to take a wee dig at former boss Barbara Walters. Star said that she kept her mouth shut, uncharacteristically, after her firing from "The View" because she didn't want to engage in an "undignified she says, she says." Giddy-up, Babwa!

There was conspicuously little mention of gastric bypass surgery, Rosie O'Donnell or fabuhubby Al Reynolds. Somewhere, Oprah isn't shaking in her Christian Louboutin boots.

Sick Of It

Court TV has been going down hill for quite awhile and Star Jones is just another reason why this is happening.

Elsie

Why do y'all want her fat again? She should have lost lbs. & she did. If she looks weird is because she shouldn't have gotten so fat to begin with.

Terry

I didn't watch the view but have always wondered just what Star did to piss off the Queen from Um New jersey.
I heard Star "used her fame" well so did Barbra every time she brought Paris Hilton up on her show the View. They all use their fame give me break.
I heard Star wouldn't talk about her weight loss. I have to say I never wondered about it but whose business was it really?
I just have always felt Star was treated unfairly by the hens.

Edgle

wow folks why all the hate,what the world need's know is love sweet love.I don't think it;s that serious,it's just a show if you like star look at the show if not turn it off,but please stop all the hate,let's spread love,not hate

ic

I WATCHED HER SHOW AND IT WAS SO DISJOINTED...FIRST SHE NEEDS SOME MUSICIANS ON HER SHOW...SHE ALSO NEEDS SOME INTERESTING PEOPLE LIKE REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL STORIES...GUYS THAT MADE IT OUT OF JAIL WITH THAT DNA PROGRAM...SHE NEEDS TO BE MORE FLOWING SHE SOUNDED TOO UP TIGHT..IF SHE IS ON COURT TV SHE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT CASES....MAYBE ABUSED WOMEN THAT KILLED THE MAN...SHE SHOULD ALSO WEAR SOME BRIGHT COLORS...GET SOME FUN PEOPLE ON THAT PROGRAM A COUPLE OF COMICS WOULD LIVEN IT UP...GET RID OF THESE KNOW IT ALL BITCHES AND PLEASE NOT GERALDO AGAIN....HE IS EVERYWHERE LIKE A USED UP HO...YOU WILL BE OK AFTER YOU CHANGE IT AROUND....EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR YOU TO FAIL BUT YOU WON'T.....GOOD LUCK.......

dugh

Who Cares what she has to say

loulou

I AM NOT A STAR FAN, BUT CELEBS GET FREEBIES ALL THE TIME! Designers use celebs to sell their products, I don't understand why Star has to continually be "cited" for something that other celebs do DAILY!' She would have been stupid not to get as much free stuff and she could! SHE LIED AND B. WALTERS DIDN'T, GIVE ME A BREAK! She did not have to tell anyone how she lost weight! We don't know these people we see on T.V. and NEVER WILL, but so many people act like these movie and T.V. stars owe them something. And they act like they don't lie, they don't make mistakes..........please!! REALITY IS CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willspy4money@aol.com

Poor thing, she was much more entertaining as a fat person! You know, she had a 'presence'.
Imagine Debra Opri as a 'large' white overbearing women.....she would be less like a 'snipe'.And that is what we all love about Ms. Opri.
Poor Star, I loved her more as a planet than a little 'star'.

KT

Definitely NOT a fan of Star. She does not seem like a genuine individual whatsoever...and I will not be surprised if her TV ratings eventually reflect this.

And TMZ, can you STOP taking digs at Isaiah Washington!? Seriously, the guy has apologized and worked really hard at "righting" his wrong. Is forgiveness even in your writers' vocabulary?!

ken

i am love with eddie murphy

Dave

She looks bad, like she's sick, the show sucked and this is not Court TV's format. I'm glad for anyone who loses weight to save there lives but she is not the same person she use to be. Good for her with the weight but get off tv.
The show won't last.

Sympanthetic Canadian

Okay, against my better judgement I watched it, and hated every miserable second of the condescending bitch. No way would I ever watch this trash again, and I do mean trash.
Second chance? Take it away before everyone turns off Court T.v. What happened the people I liked watching like Catherine Crier and LIsa Bloom? Was Star cheaper?
Looks like it.

Claire Morman

I disagree with all the negative remarks...I thought the show was very entertaining and I really enjoyed it. Star looks great and I hope her show succeeds..Give her a chance. How can everyone say she looked and acted better when she was heavier, I could not stand her on "The View", she was very annoying. Hope it all works out for her...Go Girl

Claire

Star'safake

Star Jones will not be successful for one simple fact..her dishonesty. Why did she lie about her gastric surgery? Then--tell the truth in time for her new show. Did she do it for ratings or she just wanted to come clean? Fat or skinny, Star is a fake indivdual who needs material trinkets around her to make her feel and look good. Try being yourself Star if you remember what that feels like.

piuntigailydnas

I am mad that court TV put on a talk show. I watch court TV for the court cases Not a stupid talk show. I believe court TV made a big mistake putting her on. They will lose alot of Viewers. Including me. I didn't watch and won't watch She is a phony and needs to get REAL!!!!!!!