Lohan May Dodge the World's Biggest Bullet

8/21/2007 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ there is a "strong possibility" the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office will NOT file felony charges against Lindsay Lohan in connection with her two DUI arrests.

We're told charges may be filed tomorrow, and the D.A. is leaning toward rejecting three possible felonies. Sources say the D.A. almost certainly will not file cocaine charges in connection with her DUI bust Memorial Day weekend in Beverly Hills.

As for her July 24 arrest in Santa Monica, the D.A. could charge her with felony cocaine possession, and bringing cocaine into a correctional facility -- also a felony. But we're told that the D.A. is inclined not to file those felony charges either.

That basically leaves misdemeanor DUI charges for both incidents. If Lohan is found guilty of both, she'd have to serve a minimum of four days in jail, and that beats prison, baby!

And we're told Lohan's mega-lawyer Blair Berk and prosecutors have been talking a lot and that spells a possible plea bargain.

Here's what's for sure: If Lohan is not charged with a felony, she is not required to attend Friday's arraignment. If that's the case, put money on it -- Lindsay will be a no show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Megan

Damnit.

Me

what a bunch of bull....she put so many lives in danger.....paris didn't do 1/8 of the things lindsay did and she served over 20 days! this girl needs to go to prison and learn her lesson.

TROLL SMASHERS

Wow it pays to be a LOHAN right Dina???

Reality Check

This is ridiculous. Exactly how much more do you need to do to encourage underage people to drink and drive without worrying about the consequences? You can kill a teenager and get 90 days. You can be a repeat offender with drugs and get misdemeanor charges. God forbid you drive on a suspended license, though, because they will NAIL you for that one. I'm disgusted with the whole thing.

Get a Grip

She will waste this second chance just like Britney wasted hers

I'd bang Britney but I wouldn't touch the FIRECROTCH

Top 5 !!!

Another Celeb goes free? How many of our tax dollars were wasted on arresting and processing her?

wdawes

And there you have it, another case of a celebretard breaking the law, and getting away with it, even with proof she is guilty!

Rich get richer and the poor get the picture, there are two sets of laws, one for the rich, and there is everyone else.

tj

This is a bunch of crap. I know damn well that if I did what she did, my ass would be in jail. Oh, wait.........I forget. This is CELEBRITY justice!

Dr. 04102

wow. i'm 19. If it's really that simple, I'm gonna go get plastered and drag race down the street. Seriously, that's exactly what I thought when I read this.

I totally know what I'm doing on saturday. wooo hhooooooooooo

totally serious.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID DA,WONDER HOW MUCH MONEY HE PUT IN HIS POCKET,HE MUST BE BOOKING MONEY,THIS IS WHY CALIFORNIA LAW SUCKS,THERE JUDICIAL SYSTEM SUCKS,THERE DA SUCKS ,JUDGES SUCK,I DONT KNOW WHY PARIS WENT TO JAIL,OH.SO THE SHERRIF COULD MAKE A POCKET FULL OF MONEY ON LARRY KING,I AM SO GLAD I DONT LIVE IN CALIFORNIA

mm

Curious to see what actually happens. I have to believe that even the LA DA is starting to figure out that people aren't thrilled by this stuff, that whether it's real or not there's a perception of the "stars" flaunting the law and getting away with it.. I do hope that she straightens out, but her actions merit real charges, and time in the can.

glynne1964

WTF?!!!! WTF?!!! WTF?!!!

She should be in prison! Anyone else would be! What are they just waiting for her to KILL SOMEONE? It seems that may be the only thing to stop this trainwreck!!!

I hope that EVERYONE involved in that SUV chase of hers sues her! I guess if she can sneak out from under laws, maybe the civil lawsuits will slow her a little. Maybe someone should have given her a burial plot for her 21st birthday. She'll probably need it before her 22nd!!!

zzz

More of the "typical celebrity justice". Los Angeles is truly a joke !

SJW

BE HONEST.............DID WE REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE ANY DIF.?
THEY GET AWAY WITH MURDER.
SAD BUT TRUE.
NO MORE FAMILY MONIES FROM US TO HER FOR ANYTHING .
HOPEFULLY THIS CAN BE A PATTERN FOR ALL TO FOLLOW.
OUR MONEY IS TOO HARD TO EARN TO THROW AT THESE LOSERS.
THEY JUST THROW THEIRS AWAY .................

Dr. M

THIS IS THE BEST DEAL SHE WILL GET -

I BASICALLY AGREE WITH IT -

LINDSAY SHOULD THANK THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN PRAYING 4 HER -

DO NOT 'F' UP AGAIN ! ! !

THERE WAS A LOT GOING-ON BEHIND THE SCENES 2 MAKE THIS HAPPEN ! ! !

Good Luck and Godspeed Lindsay -