The Borefriend

SoHo-hum

8/21/2007 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

They haven't been seen in public as a couple, but John Mayer and Cameron Diaz were spotted in the same block of NYC yesterday.

TMZ cameras caught Jessica Simpson's ex-borefriend in SoHo yesterday, after eating at La Esquina with an unknown buddy. As Mayer dined inside, and by sheer coincidence no doubt, our cameraman says he saw Cameron Diaz drive by the restaurant -- but she did not stop and join her rumored plaything. Mayer came out and posed with some fans before walking away. Odd.

Also out in NYC: "Step Up" co-stars/lovers Jenna Dewan and a bearded Channing Tatum, Jamie Lynn Sigler leaving Butter, as well as Ashanti -- who had to hold up her dress to avoid having a wardrobe malfunction -- and a pimpin' Mario Winans, who were star guests at an Estrada Entertainment soiree.

It was pretty slow in L.A., TMZ cameras spotting Paris Hilton making a quick escape from Hyde and Christina Aguilera's hubby Jordan Bratman stepping out solo at Koi.

All this and more in today's missed connections edition of Star Catcher.

mangey

he is a one hit wonder. He and jess deserved each other. Haven't seen her doing anything lately. Yawn

Go with the Flow!

F I R S T !

jizumhchrust

Drawing a blank, don't know anyone here.

JohnMayerFan

John's friend is Pino Palladino, bassist in John Mayer Trio. Mr. Palladino is one of the most respected musicians working today. Not celebrities, real musicians. Perhaps this means another Trio album in the works!!!!

CraponTV

Jon Meyer is a celebrity, not a real musician. What crap do you listen to, that makes you think Meyer is a real musician? Jon Scofield is a real musician, not this guy. Come on people!

Ugghhh!

TMZ don't waste our eye sight on this boring guy - boring music - one hit wonder, Mr. sleep around - Mr. whinner, eye whipe - J. Mayer. Yuck! Next you'll have this guy sleeping with T. Cruise too.

Cameron Diaz can't you find anybody? Your ageing girl and it shows.

Oh yeah that's right the magazines have Cameron and Jessica and Aniston unable to find love. Do any of these three women ever try looking outside of Hollyweird for someone normal to "love"?

Mel

Mayer is a sorry turd, who is begging to stay in hollywood by dating these nasty whores. Kind of reminds you of Jessica.
Cameron has been with so many men ( in the public eye) in the last few months. eww that thing is nasty and ugly, Jessica Simpson gets around the block to, she just does her night prowl at 2 and 3 in the morning hoping not to get caught.. Mayer really is into sloppy nasty seconds.

audrey

That's Pino Palladino, bass player extraordinaire, if I'm not mistaken.
I say leave John Mayer alone. This is someone who does not need this!

Lindsay

Was just going to comment that John's "friend" is Pino Palladino, bassist from the Trio...I see a couple people noticed this as well. Definitely not unknown!

Terry

Maryann your a bitter hag. I'm sure John would date Mother Teresa so as not to get "sloppy seconds" but she's not available

Terry

I like John and think he has great talent, We have yet to see his best of that I am sure.
Who would best suit him as a partner is a puzzle to me, I can't imagine him with any celebrity we know of.

The Marian Movement

I never really like to comment on other people's posts, cause hell knows I push the envelope but the ref to Mayer sleeping with or dating Mother Theresa pushes the envelope in a way that isn't cool. All I know about Mayer is he's not picky and he sleeps with everyone and anyone.

It's like saying Lucifer and Mother T would date. So leave her out of this, it's disrespectful. I'm sure she'd avoid him too or recommend an exorcism.Who the hell cares who he dates anyway?

He seems a very sick, jealous "man" that uses people and doesn't care. Would even kill to get ahead or be happy to see them injected so they suffer. Maybe I just know him better........we go way back.....

The Marian Movement

On the 16th August 2007 a man was shot 6 times in the head at 6am down the road from Merck Head Office Australia. The Pharmaceutical company has a CEO named Ian Coreless.

A contract was taken out on the contract.

Lindsey and Sam saved me, the above comments were left to cover Mayer's tracks. Comments left by Lindsey, Sam, Audrey and Vic were left by Mayer staff. The hit was meant for me. Yeah Linds avoided the worlds biggest bullet because she saved you all, as did Sam. They stopped Ian Coreless (VIC). Protect them.