Blair Berk: The Miracle Worker

8/23/2007 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's lawyer pulled off one of the biggest legal feats in recent memory.

Lohan faced years in prison if convicted and charged with a felony. But mega-lawyer Blair Berk was able to negotiate with the D.A. and literally turn Lindsay's jail sentence into a revolving door. Lindsay could theoretically walk into jail at 11:30 one night and leave first thing in the morning.

It's not that the deal is that unusual, but getting it to stick, given the high profile of the case and the political pressure, makes it all remarkable.

alan bower

SHE'S HOTT !!!

Jus D truth

Thank you Ms.Berk, when you said that you would "do" good....I didn't belive you....I thought I was the ONLY ONE WHO COULD GIVE GOOD HEAD!!!

cherub

Just curious. If the next average poor person gets busted for similar offenses as Lindsay in Beverly Hills . Can that person point out to the D.A. the Lindsey case and demand the same punishment and then sue if not given the same treatment? Is that even possible?

Cynthia

I can not believe that another CELEBRITY in LA gets away with this type of crime. How many more revolving doors is this jail going to have. It is absolutely insane and unfair -- that is why the celebrities in this town laugh when they get arrested -- they know that nothing will happen to them and guess what -- they are right!!!!!

Parents Need to Know

May the first vehicle Lohan crashes into, drunk and drugged up, be that of her bottom fishing attorney!

Next time when Lohan kills someone, I hope your tuna fish arse will be sued off.

YAWN

Is her sentence in hours or days? How can you get credit for 8 hours by doing one hour over 2 days??

Parents Need to Know

Cherub,

If it set a legal precedent, guess someone could.

I KNOW I'D BE SUING AND HAVING THE ACLU IN ON IT.

Yikes-A-Hooty

And this so-called lawyer is "proud of herself"? For what? Allowing a drug and alcohol abusing skank to roam the streets and find someone to mame and/or kill??? Is MISS Birk gonna pay if Ho-Han goes out and commits another autrocity? Doubtful. Like everyone else involved, she can't see past the money. I hope you roast in hell along Miss Ho-Han, Attorney Birk. You two deserve eachother.

DR.REY

I WOULD DO HER FROM BEHIND, LIKE SHE DID IT TO OUR LEGAL SYSTEM!

Rocky

HEY BLAIR WITCH,,,, I COULD HAVE USED A LAWYER LIKE YOU LAST YEAR TO GET ME OUT OF JAIL FOR A DUI. HOW DO I FIND YOU???????

Bubbles

She's not a miracle worker. Our system is CORRUPT.

Yikes-A-Hooty

Oh hell, someone pullin' out the damned race card already. Give it a rest. The slaves were set free way long ago. Let it go. It AIN'T all about you.

Blue

Huh? Wasn't Lindsay sentenced to HOURS and not DAYS? Meaning if she checked in at 11:30pm on a Monday, she would need to serve until 11:30pm Tuesday. Right? So how does this check in 11:30pm and leave in the morning work?

Cinderella

Just goes to show - if you have money you can buy your way out of anything!

Cheryl

This is an outrage!! Lindsay is going to kill someone!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments