Dogs Rescued from DMX's House

8/24/2007 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

KPNX television in Phoenix is reporting that the Maricopa County, Ariz. Sheriff's Department raided rapper DMX's home this morning in Cave Creek and removed 12 distressed pit bulls.

DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was not home at the time. News 12 is reporting a large cache of weapons was found in the home as well.

DMX has a long rap sheet (pun intended), which includes a guilty plea to animal cruelty charges in 2002.

UPDATE: According to DMX's attorney Murray Richman, it was all about the blazing Arizona heat. Richman claims that someone reported the dogs were at risk because of the extreme temperatures, telling TMZ "Earl has a caretaker, who obviously wasn't taking care. Earl loves those dogs." Richman added that DMX isn't even in Az and hasn't been there for several months because he's off working on a project.

Zoe

First of all....MORON #23 and MORON #25...I have one word for you both....IDIOTS!. I'm not even going to elaborate on or publicly refute what you said.

Personally, there is something very wrong with people that refuse to see that ALL life is precious. There is NO excuse for inflicting pain and suffering on any of this planet's non-human or human life forces. People like Vick and DMX ---IF they are guilty (this will be determined by a court of law...and yes, I do believe they ARE GUILTY) they should be punished to the FULL extent of the law....no slap on the wrist...no short, sweet sentence...no preferred treatement...just GOOD, STRONG, JUSTICE!!!!

Marisa

how are you going to say rap=violence...and pull a rap sheet on only rappers...................LOOK AT THE RICH ASS YUPPIES IN OUR society...AKA paris, britney, lidnsey, stop being so judgmental..................I dont care what you music you like, country, jazz, techno....ALL THE MUSIC INDUSTRIES AND MOVIES have celebrities with wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse rap sheets than 99% of those rappers...so if you want to state an opinion and say i want to be objective..t.hen be it and state the facts about our children being influenced by ALL genres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! simple minded HATERS!!!

f bell

How stupid can these people get??? Money every where and yet they choose to torture animals. Again I say there are animals and there are animals. Jesus, both of these men could have been an example to their race and instead they prove what a lot of bigots are saying. Shame on them for not doing more good for their people and proving the bigots wrong. Talk about being disgraceful.

TROLL SMASHERS

Other news outlets closer to AZ are reporting that there were complaints of "neglect" by the neighbors which sounds like barking crying dogs left alone to me. It also says that the 2002 animal cruelty case was too, a "neglect" situation.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be dogfighting and killing but it's still sad when dogs are left alone like that, I thought he liked Pitts.

Irene

1st. what do they mean by distressed. Did the dogs miss him, did they have water, were they fighting each other.
2nd I think everyone should own guns. And we don't know why he had those guns
3rd. If the dog charges where dismissed, why

But. . . . I don't know anyone with a bad enough relationship with their mom that would want to kill their mom.

You guys should be more critical of your government then your celebrities.
Domestic spying, "patriot act", North American Union, Katrina, 9/11 misinformation.

tromba

Rap sucks. Rappers suck. I have never been able to understand why anyone listens to this trash. It was conceived by foul and disgusting talentless pieces of crap and has been exploited by crooks, thugs and hoodlums. These people's behavior in general is vile. This story is just the tip of the iceberg.

USN RETIRED

You and Vick are a couple of SISSY BOYS on the DOWN-LOW!!!

deb

another pig.

Saying rap=violence, well thats like saying being muslim=violence. Its a stupid general statement that doesnt really mean anything. I wasnt saying that just for the record.

But I worked in a rap session where 2 people started stabbing each other during what was a "record company meeting" held at the studio. and this studio got held up 2 times by friends of the big rappers that had been there earlier, and during a Tupac session, some of the 50 friends at the studio (a major recording studio BTW), went to the 7-11 down the street and robbed them to bring cases of beer and stuff back to the studio. I spoke to the 7-11 guy. These guys SAID they were down the street working with Tupac and the clerk was too scared to call police cause he had kids and didnt want more trouble knowing Tupac and 50 others were just blocks away - retaliation.....

I worked in a lot of other types of music and nothing like that ever happened.

but saying rap=violence is still a usless statement.

some good points "godisfake".

Fallin

I go home & look @ my dog Daisy Mae everyday & think how can someone do such horrible things to these innocent animals? You know I didn't even want this dog in the first place, my boyfriends daughter wanted her so we got her, & his daughter lives an hour away & is only w/ us every other weekend so I take care of it all the time. I consider her my dog, even though my dog is living w/ my ex fiancee.. The joy that we bring them, & they bring us is unreal. I look forward coming home everyday to her b/c she runs around & gets so excited to see me, & It bring's a great big smile to my face. : ) I think anyone that hurts these poor animals should be totured the same damn way....

Hal

Maricopa County Arizona? Dude, you f***** up really bad! What size will your pink panties be? I'm laughing my azz off! I hope they throw the book at you, slimeball!

Brian Wills, DVM

It makes me feel good to see so many people outraged by the cruel and exploitive treatment of animals. I am a veterinarian. I love animals and cannot imagine how low lifes such a Vic and DMX can be so insensitive and torture defenseless dogs whose only wish is to please their masters in anyway they can. Hooray for all of you thinking and feeling people out there. Keep voicing your good opionions.

Irene

2nd I think everyone should own guns. And we don't know why he had those guns
3rd. If the dog charges where dismissed, why

You guys should be more critical of your government then your celebrities.

boomer

by reason actually has the most intelligent comments on this board. People quit sterotyping, rap doesn't equal violence, country music doesn't equal drinking, smoking and cheating, and so on. Black doesn't equal one thing and white doesn't equal another. There is trash and then there is trash. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming others for your mistakes. Enough said!