« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Suspends Vick

8/24/2007 6:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick today that he is indefinitely suspended without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell's letter Vick:

Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions.

Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player. You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters.

I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

skylar

Mother in California,
Thank you for your response. I agree I would not have been nearly as outraged and nauseated over this if the dead dogs would have been found with a single bullet to the head. BUT, michaelvick stood there and watched these dogs suffer as they burned, suffocated and struggled as they slowly, painfully died. Another question, did he enjoy it? This is sociopathic behavior.

Out for Justice

ATTN: Mother in California and the other closet racists hiding behind their computers

Why are you in denial? Just come on out of the closet. I see right through your benign but obvious dislike for another race comments. However, I totally agree this is not a race issue at all and the color of Michael Vick's skin has absolutely nothing to do with this matter at all. People like him come in ALL colors, races, etc.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

dw

You are busted Vick....dog fighting is a blood-sport and demeaning to any civilized person/society...you make us all look like animals.

Spiratacus

Love it!!

TalkTheTalk

Really, folks, where would we be without our black pro athletes and
rappers abusing animals, raping and killing women, and shooting each
other in those lovely drive-bys? The list goes on and on. Think about
it. Way to perpetuate every thug/animal stereotype out there. Kudos.

Reality is....

blah blah blah...

For your information, I have 3 children ages 3, 4, and 11 and we have a Pittbull AND a rottweiler. They are not vicious animals, we actually have a yorkie as well and she is more vicious than our pitt and rott combined.

Also, you NEVER answered my question....what's your excuse for the torture? Couldn't have have just SHOT them?

Sociopathic behavior, that's why...he ENJOYED torturing them, he probably got his little rocks off by it.

TalkTheTalk

This guy is a sociopath. Doing this to animals is just pure evil. Lock his ass up and throw away the key.

Jada722

WOW! So many self rightous people. All these offensive name calling. You're no better than Vick. Actually, You're worse than he is. And I bet you call yourself a Christian too. Yeah Right!

TalkTheTalk

#62,

You seem mad at the dogs! How about being mad at those who've tortured them to death? We have a pitbull and he's such a great dog with kids (we got him at a shelter). Our friend rehabs animals including pitbulls who've been brutalized and they can be rehabbed to not to violent (unlike rap stars). What is wrong with you?

Mary T.

Finally the NFL did something..I hope this criminal NEVER has a football in his hands for any team. HE murdered animals in the crulest of ways. He deserves the same. I hope your are finished VICK. Put the dogs in a pen with him..maybe they'll remember him!!!!!!!

skylar

I posted #62, are you talking to me? Surely you are not talking to me. My post is clearly on the dog's side! I just want that crystal clear. I don't think the killing of the dogs is acceptable AT ALL, I only meant a bullet to the head would have been less heinous than torturing them to death. Please tell me your post is not about my post. If you read my other posts you will see I am clearly on the side of the Pitbull!!

caldglvr

Good for the NFL they have made my day. Now on Mon. I hope the judge doesnt let him off easy. Anyone who gets their kick watching dogs fight to the death is truly a sick person. I only hope this will help get more of these dog fighters and stop the killing

Sues

Everyone should know that actor Jamie Foxx came to Vick's rescue by defending his actions. As a coservationist and defender of all animals (except the likes of Vick and Foxx) I will no longer pay tribute to Foxx or any other actor who feels that vick's actions were defendable, by paying money to see their movies.

Michael J. Jackson Fan

YOU ARE ALL STUPID.............................BUT ITS OK TO KILL,

COWS, PIGS, TURKEYS AND CHICKENS...............TO SERVE ON YOUR DINNER TABLES...

YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK............ROGER GOODALL OR WHAT EVER YOUR NAME IS..........

YOU SUCK TOO......................................YOUR PROBLEY SOMEWHERE RIGHT NOW

CHUMPING ON A EXTRA RARE STEAK.............SHOULDNT THAT MAKE YOU JUST AS

GUILTY AS MICHAEL VICK.............YOU LOOSER................

Sweet dutch chocolate

DAMN VICK, YOU HAD IT AND LOST IT ALL. YOU COULD AFFORD ANYTHING YOUR HEART'S DESIRE, BUT YOUR DESIRE WAS TO DO SOMETHING SO VILE AND WRONG. I HOPE YOU THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE... TRUST ME, THERE ARE MORE "MICHEAL VICKS" OUT THERE. HE WAS JUST THE ONE THAT GOT CAUGHT. SO BIG BOI, DMX, AND THE REST OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE, HURRY.....CYA.... YOU ARE ALL NEXT........VICK YOU STILL A FINE ASS, BUT YOU WILL BE A NICE PIECE OF ASS, IF YOU GET JAIL TIME. TOO BAD, SO SAD. YOU WERE "DA BOMB"