Nick Hogan

In Serious Car Accident

8/26/2007 10:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0827_hogan_fm_bn-1UPDATE: Nick Hogan is reportedly in serious condition, but the passenger in the car sustained more severe injuries. He is listed in critical condition.

Hulk Hogan's son, Nick, was seriously injured in a car accident tonight in Clearwater, Fla.

Law enforcement tells TMZ the accident occurred around 7:31 PM ET. According to police, a Toyota Supra, driven by Nick Bollea (Hogan's real name), was traveling at a very high rate of speed when it lost control and hit a raised median. The car was flipped around and the back end hit a palm tree. The impact, we're told, "destroyed the entire car." The two male occupants were flown by Medivac helicopter from the accident scene to a hospital in St. Petersburg. We're told both men had "very very serious" injuries.

The accident happened on Court Street, a main drag in downtown Clearwater, causing the entire street to be shut down for hours.

No 911 call was made to police. The accident was called in by an officer who rolled up right after the crash happened.

nyzki

I am really sorry that Nick and his passenger were hurt, and I wish them both a speedy recovery, But then again the news story reported that he was driving at a high speed. And that the car was destroyed. I have been watching Hogan knows best for sometime and Nick apparently loved to drive fast. I feel very sorry for his parents too. This is not good on them or the parents of the other passenger injured as well.

Mike Hunt

He is a spoiled little prick who likes to drive way too fast for his abilities obviously...next time he should reconsider before he takes the lives of others in his hands. All the fame and money in the world cant buy a human life. I mean come on guys, i know you have all seen that episode where he decides he wants to be a "drifter", so mom and dad spend hundreds of thousands on a car which lasts about two turns in a real race...can you say BAD DRIVER!!! But regardless of his own stupidity....prayers for family and all involved....PEACE and safe driving : )

Wallace V. Davis

I love watching the Hogan's and the kid are good kids. This type of things happens to young men everyday. It is sad and I hope his friend makes a full recovery and we know Hogan's will ensure the best care and doctor are taking care of this. This is one time when money is worth something. I have been homebound since 2002 due to a car wreak, but I can't afford good care. I am happy these young guys will get the best of care. I love Brooke and Nick. I pray for Nick his friend,Linda, Hulk, and Brooke and thank them for the many hours they have shared thier lives with me. I know God will take care of them....

Wallace V. Davis

Good young men have these wreaks all the time. How many men didn't go to fast in a car when we were 16-19. I is isn't like he had a kilo of coke and bottle of DOM. This kid could afford to be a bad kid, but he isn't.

How many of you recall the 440 6 pack Road Runnner. If we want to blame someone blame the people that sell these cars to our kids. But, no we want to market these cars to them for the money..

I think we should just pray for these kids and hope they learned the lesson that all young men have to learn.

You could tell from the show both the Hogan kids were good kids. Acting like you are smarter or better or money is the problem is just out of line.

WAlly

aceman88

Some of u people are thoughtless and cruel. it doesnt matter if he is a celebrity or not everyone makes nistakes including all of u. Plus hes just a kid even if he was speeding we all did it when we got r license. DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY R FAMOUS!!!!!!! I pray for Nick his passenger, the entire hogan family, and also the passengers family.

PRETTYPET

This is a good family, why don't you all remember that. rich yes, spoiled probably but don't you all wish you were a little spoiled. I know in my town plenty of kids ie. teen aged boys who love to drive way to fast and have even killed them selves and others and because they aren't rich we cut them some slack. Well guess what nick deserves the same as you would give your middle classed neighbor boy. and those that are so hard and boisterous (ok i can't spell) should perhaps look at themselves and perhaps they are being a little jealous! god bless the his passenger and the hogan family!!

Dano, from Michigan

I'm glad to hear Nick is going to be ok, I hope his friend John will be ok too. I love the whole hogan family, you guys seem like such a great family. I hope every is ok with you guys!

mike rosemann

I wish i have two supras and i hope that ther ok but will the car be ok

MARKYMARK

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO SAY WHO WAS A FAULT. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THE HOGAN FAMILY IN THEIR TIME OF NEED. HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT OK. GOD BLESS THE HOGANS.

Clyde

I saw this guy on tv doing this drifting crap how can you people defend this guy did you know there was a United States Marines in the car with him who's in crirical condition, and by the way nick is not in serious condition he has been released from the hospital. This kid nick was speeding and that's a known facthe was violating the traffic laws so why are you people defending law breakers???

Tina Michael

I hope everyone comes out of this ok, but maybe now Nick will be more responsible!

Clyde

Listen to yourselves "God bless the hogan family" what about the Marine what about him and his family I pray that not just Nick but anyone who violates the law gets the full brunt of it there is talk that Nick might have even been drunk so should he get a free pass for that also??. You loosers need to wake up ok this kid was trveling well over 100 mph how can you defend that!!!!!!

Clyde

You people just do not get it do you??? This kid broke the law and hurt someome it could have been worst, he could have killed some innocent person.What if it comes back that he was drunk??? I'm not banging on Nick I'm banging on these kides using higfhways and streets as their drag strips and race tracks you can't do that!!!! I road race motorcycles professionally, and some of my friends who ride on the street here in Atlanta do the same thing racing on the streets over 170 mph and I have watch some of the die!! Stop gloryfying the hogan family and look at the real picture.

KaYlA.B

This stuff happens everyday so don't dis Nick for it. It's not like he did it on purpouse... I can assure you putting his own life at stake wasn't what he was planning on doing. And for Nick I hope he makes it,and if reads this I have to tell you im a huge fan. Your dad & everyone is cool but your the real Hogan (Bollea) I would really like to meet or talk to so if you feel like it latter on after you get to go home or thing's calm down I would like to talk to you. E-Mail DIXIE_SWEETHEART_0466@Yahoo.com!

Rob99

Racing belongs on the track not the street, this wasn't a normal everyday traffic accident it was caused by negligent behavior and disregard for every other motorist/pedestrian in tne area.