Nick Hogan

In Serious Car Accident

8/26/2007 10:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0827_hogan_fm_bn-1UPDATE: Nick Hogan is reportedly in serious condition, but the passenger in the car sustained more severe injuries. He is listed in critical condition.

Hulk Hogan's son, Nick, was seriously injured in a car accident tonight in Clearwater, Fla.

Law enforcement tells TMZ the accident occurred around 7:31 PM ET. According to police, a Toyota Supra, driven by Nick Bollea (Hogan's real name), was traveling at a very high rate of speed when it lost control and hit a raised median. The car was flipped around and the back end hit a palm tree. The impact, we're told, "destroyed the entire car." The two male occupants were flown by Medivac helicopter from the accident scene to a hospital in St. Petersburg. We're told both men had "very very serious" injuries.

The accident happened on Court Street, a main drag in downtown Clearwater, causing the entire street to be shut down for hours.

No 911 call was made to police. The accident was called in by an officer who rolled up right after the crash happened.

lily

Namoi & Wootscute: Right On!

Jo Lynn

These things happen all the time from people driving fast. I remember seeing the show where Nick has to watch those videos of what happens when you drive fast. You don't have to drive fast to have things happen either. Maybe having this happen to him might make him drive a little slower since they both got hurt so bad in this accident. I guess that only time will tell if Nick starts to drive slower or not. There are places to drive fast, but in town or in city limits is not really the place to do stuff like that. It is just a matter of time to see what Nick decideds to do about driving fast.

BIANCA CARRILLO, MORENO VALLEY,CA

HELLO, WHEN I FIRST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE ACCIDENT I WAS VERY SCARED BECAUSE I WATCH EVERY SINGLE TV SHOW OF THE HOGAN'S. IT'S LIKE THEY ARE APART OF MY FAMILY. MY WHOLE FAMILY LOVE'S THE SHOW. I HOPE THAT NICK AND THE OTHER GUY MAKE IT. I AM THE HOGAN'S NUMBER 1 BIGGEST FAN AND I LOVE YOU NICK . I DONT THINK IT'S RIGHT WHAT THEY WANT TO DO IF THE OTHER GUY DOES NOT MAKE IT. I DONT THINK IT WAS YOUR FAULT AT ALL. I AM STILL YOUR NUMBER ONE BIGGEST FAN AND I'LL BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO THE END. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS AND THE OTHER GUY, ALSO YOUR FAMILY'S. IT MOST BE VERY SCARIE TO HERE THAT A CLOSE PERSON LIKE A SON OR BROTHER WHERE SERIOUSLY INJURED. MY PRAYER GO'S OUT TO YOU AND THE FAMILIES. LOVE YOUR NUMBER ONE BIGGEST FAN BIANCA CARRILLO FROM MORENO VALLEY, CA .

nicole

I hope Nick is ok. The Hogan family is one of the very few celebrity families that I like. I think this is because they are just like a "normal", unfamous, family. I am praying for him and his friend that was in the car. I hope all turns out well for everyone.

Leighton Anderson

This was 100% avoidable...

rosie

This wreck never should have happened....and I am sorry that Nick has this hanging over his head but face it folks, HE WAS BEHIND THE WHEEL. IT WAS HIS FOOT ON THE ACCELERATOR......HE CHOSE TO DRAG RACE DOWN A PUBLIC STREET. tHE CENTER MEDIAN AND PALM TREE DID NOT SUDDENLY JUMP IN FRONT OR IN BACK OF HIS CAR. I wouldn't worry too much over Nick's fate. Mr. Bollea's checkbook and lawyers will get his butt off. It is a sad commentary on what we call entertainment these days...watching a washed up wrestler/actor and his home schooled kids, who obviously have no limits on what they do and no real education or respect for anyone. I don't want to see Nick Bollea prosecuted to make him an example....I want to see him prosecuted because he broke the law...hen put a so called friend in the hospital. He broke the law over and over again with his wreckless driving. And yeah anyone who drives at over 100mph in a 70 mph zone is driving with wreckless abandon. This is not a little kid who cracked up the first time behind the wheel. This was an accident that was going to happen. The entire Bollea family needs a major wake up call...you have raised incredibly foolish kids, who have no job skills and no consequences for their actions. I feel sorry for the public in Florida. I would be scared to death driving on any street where they live. My sympathy goes out to John's family. The Bolleas are only reaping what they have sown....

ohioracefan

Everyone should hope for the best outcome. First, that Nicks passenger survives without any complications. And second, that someone wakes up these celebrities and tells them there is no reason what so ever for a 17 year old "KID" to have a car with as much power as that one had. A 17 year old should be driving a 4 door, 4 banger with a top speed of 60 mph. No matter what their celebrity status. Nicks spoiled and I hope and pray that this finally wakes up Terry. To raise and teach does not mean to always spoil.

Dani Farrell

I think that Nick shouldn't be getting sued for any of it cause no one know's why he was speeding his friend could also be ivolved in it just as well no one knows and it is sad what happened to nicks friend and it should of never happened and im sure Nick never ment to do what he did he isn't going to hurt his friend on perpose it was a terrable car ACCIDENT and no one should get into trouble and i think that nick should to some thinggy that teaches him not to speed and maby he will learn his lesson nexst time but i think the hogan family is a happy family i watch every show and they don't need all that drama and stress. But Nick has a bad reputation and he just don't learn and now he might learn his lesson this time i feel for your whole family Nick and i hope you don't ever speed again. i'll pray for you and your friend and i hope you both recover really well and then don't speed again ...........
but it was Nicks fault and he shouldn't be speeding when another person is in his car cause this is what happens.........

from Dani Farrell

Amanda

It's a shame & I really hope his friend pulls through. I'm just trying to figure out how he was driving soo fast, I drive on that rd almost everyday and there are just foo many freaking lights!

djsherm

Its simple > Speed kills < If I was the parents of the kid in critical condition, I would sue the police, > who clocked nick at 107 miles mph, and 3 miles down the road clocked again over 100 mph . the second office said didnt my partner just warn you for going over 100 mph minutes ago ! The officer said this is your second warning, next time you might go to jail.

If that was me or you going over 100 mph and caught within 5 mintes going over a 100 mph
we would be in jail. Maybe if the officers did there job nick wouldnt be speeding that day?

Those of you who say we dont know the stroy is wrong, we do know the story, nick was way to fast for conditions that day and was warned about excess speed, even his dad took nick to the police station prior the accident and made him watch a videon excess speeding and what can happen, I feel bad for both familys but not Nick who was clearly risking his and his friends life. Racing should be done on the track, not the streets!

DJ

djsherm

Its simple > Speed kills < If I was the parents of the kid in critical
condition, I would sue the police, > who clocked nick at 107 miles
mph, and 3 miles down the road clocked again over 100 mph . the
second office said didnt my partner just warn you for going over 100
mph minutes ago ! The officer said this is your second warning, next
time you might go to jail.If that was me or you going over 100 mph
and caught within 5 mintes going over a 100 mphwe would be in jail.
Maybe if the officers did there job nick wouldnt be speeding that
day?Those of you who say we dont know the stroy is wrong, we do know
the story, nick was way to fast for conditions that day and was
warned about excess speed, even his dad took nick to the police
station prior the accident and made him watch a videon excess
speeding and what can happen, I feel bad for both familys but not
Nick who was clearly risking his and his friends life. Racing should
be done on the track, not the streets!

DJ

Justin

I live in bradenton, About to move to clearwater, (which is only 30 minutes away) It really sucks about all of that, Nick is home though. It's his friend John still in a coma, and his brain is swollen so they cannot do surgery yet. John will be lucky to come out alive, and he will have problems forever, ( i pray not) but its the truth. Car accidents happen everyday, Not just to celebrities, so stop making such a big deal about it... My Uncle was killed last year in indiana because a semi jackknifed in front of him and he went under the truck and died instanty, it was in the news ONE day.... what the hell???? not that Im saying my uncle should have got more attention than he did, what I am saying is have respect for the families and lets not gossip about their hard times. noone goosips about yours

rosie

To Bianca, obviously you are a very young girl. Understand that what you are seeing on Hogan Knows Best is acting. It is for your entertainment. I am glad you and your family find it so entertaining but Bianca, it is just that. It is not real life. Nick is a very immature 17 year old who is spoiled and has endangered himself and lots of other people everytime he drives. Now his friend is in a hospital and will never be the same. He is only 22. His family are in the worst agony of their lives. Do you think your mother and father would still be fans of Nick Bollea if it was you in the hospital? I doubt it. You will understand when you are older but honey Nick has committed a serious crime by driving like he has. If he were 18 it would be even worse. His mother and father have plenty of money to get lawyers and I wouldn't worry too much about him. But I do worry that because of his parents money he will get off. Bianca, this is why there are laws, to try and protect innocent people. Nick was driving very very fast and not just this last time when he lost control of his car. Did you know that he has asked his parents when he can drive again? Be a fan of the show...not of the person. There are so many other people to look up to in life. Nick is not one of them.

Gwen

NICK SEEMS REALLY NICE....AND I HOPE THAT HE ENDS UP BEING OKAY!!! AND I HOPE THAT THE GUY WITH HIM IS OKAY ALSO!!!

KRISTYN

ONE SINGLE PERSON CAN BE MORE DANGEROUS THAN AN ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!!