Nick Carter's Mother in the Doghouse

8/29/2007 2:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick Carter ExclusiveThe fragile reconciliation between Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and his mother Jane is definitely off, after Jane dumped Nick's dog Layla at a North Tampa animal shelter earlier this week -- without Nick's knowledge or permission. Doggin'!

Nick asked his mother to babysit for pit bull mix Layla, while he geared up for his upcoming reunion tour with Backstreet Boys. He was even paying her for the dog's upkeep, but apparently, Jane had no interest in holding up her end of the bargain.

Ranelle Black, who rescued the pit bull from an L.A. County animal shelter and let Nick adopt the pup in March 2006, said she received a call from the Florida shelter on Monday, after volunteers identified Layla via microchip implant. Black, who volunteers with L.A. Animal Services and regularly fosters pit bulls, had Layla implanted with the chip to track her whereabouts.

"I called Nick and he had no idea that his mother had dumped Layla. He was very choked up," said Black, who noted that Carter spent more than $7,000 to train the precocious pup.

Said Carter's publicist, Juliette Harris, "Nick is devastated and frustrated, and is doing everything he can to get Layla safely back."

Because there's a pit bull ban on commercial airlines, Nick is going to either "charter a plane to fly her back, or fly dog handlers out to bring her back to him," said Harris. Ain't that a bitch?!

Marcus

I'm first but...does it really matter?

TheONE

Ok.....so

Glisten Garbor

Jeez what is with all the mothers of all these young celebs..What a bunch of losers..Hope Nick's gets his dog back.

Glisten Garbor

Nick's HOT!

C

Nick's mom has no respect for life. She should have made arrangements with Nick if she didn't want to care for the animal anymore. A dog is not a piece of property that you dump around because you don't want it around anymore.

bjb

Is "Jane" on crack? What a BEOTCH!

Hopefully the day will come when Nick gets to dump her at an equally nice nursing facility!

LuvTMZ

Poor dog - Yes Miss Hilton, I agree.

Merry Christmas

Now there's your Mother of the Year! It may be a toss up between her, Mrs. Hogan, or Dina Lohan. Decisions, decisions...

*Heather*

How inconsiderate of her!!! The NERVE of some people...and by his OWN MOTHER!!! That isnt fair to poor Layla either. I hope he gets his girl back safely!!!

Sillyme

She's not a dog walker-sitter.. she's his mother and that's not a grand child.

celebuspawn

What kind of person dumps their son's pet off at an animal shelter? I don't care how mad or angry you are, you don't take it out on the dog. If I was Nick, I would cut her off.

USHER LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER

WHAT A BITCH...

Vanessa

I can definetely relate to this story.

I had just moved back home from a divorce (until I could get enough money to support myself.) My oldest sister was going through the same thing.
She had a dog and I had one too that I had nursed back to health since it was a puppy.

Her male dog, got my female dog pregnant, and one day while I was at work she took my dog out to the woods and dropped it off. I was devasted.

When I got home it was almost dark and I couldn't find her (no one told me anything!!!!)

I still have issues with her about it. because she never mentioned a word, nor did anyone else. I was coming out of an abusive relationship, and my dog was all I had.
I literally walked out with the clothes on my back.

There are a lot of things my sister has done, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Merry Christmas

crusty - she dumped her son's pet. That hurts her child. Does she not love her child? She had to have known that would hurt him.

*Heather*

Hey JOJO did you get your dog back ever??? Thats sad...bad sister....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments