Clooney: Obama's Like a Rock Star

9/1/2007 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney's got a little crush on Obama. The two-time Sexiest Man Alive threw his considerable charm behind presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

"You've been in a room once in a while with a rock star. He walks into the world, and he takes your breath away. I'd love him to be president, quite honestly," said Clooney on Friday at the Venice Film Festival premiere of his legal thriller, "Michael Clayton."

Clooney attended a fundraiser for Obama in February, but also had kind words to say about the other candidates -- and even ruminated as to whether "Inconvenient Truth"-er Al Gore would toss his hat in the race.

Usher: Meet My Son, Usher

R&B crooner/cougar-lover Usher Raymond and his pregnant bride, Tameka Foster, don't know if they're having a boy or a girl, but he's gunnin' for a son.

If he gets his way, he's naming the little tyke after -- who else? -- himself. "I'm hoping to name him that. I've been playing with a few names. I'm the fourth. Usher Raymond IV. I just want to pass the name on. Maybe I'll change the middle name," said Raymond on the Ellen DeGeneres show, reports People.

Raymond and Foster married last month in a civil ceremony, but are planning to tie-the-knot -- again -- in an over-the-top ceremony in Atlanta this weekend.

Firth Stalker Nabbed

Oh, Mr. Darcy! An unidentified employee for the Royal Mail in London was arrested last week for harassing Brit actor and "Bridget Jones" love interest, Colin Firth.

Us reports that the mailwoman was taken into custody for stalking the BBC hottie. She had recently applied to move her mail delivery route in order to deliver his mail, and had also lied about meeting him on a Firth fan site. Imagine, lying on the Internet!

Party Favors...John Travolta's Mobile Mishap...With Love from the Brady Bunch...

Eyes rolled and fingers wagged when John Travolta forgot to turn off his cell phone during the New York premiere of wife Kelly Preston's new film, "Death Sentence." Reports Page Six, his celly-cell rang twice during the beginning of the film, which also stars Kevin Bacon. "It was really loud," said a fellow filmgoer, "a few people were harshly hushing."..."America's Next Top Model" season one winner, Adrianne Curry, and her "Surreal Life" hubby, Christopher Knight, hung out at the Mirage last night with his Brady Bunch big bro, Barry Williams. The trio caught an early performance of The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil.

Vincent

Are there ANY Hollywood personalities backing John Edwards, or is he a bit too populist (especially on economic issues) for their tastes?

LaReina

Clooney's got some serious man love going on there. You go, boy! Looks like he may have something in common with Travolta, Cruise and Ricky Martin.

Only swim in the Ocean

I hope Senator Biden is elected. He is the best candidate out of any party and has the most experience.

truth

I hope she loses it and he annules the marriage. she is an ugly tranny.

Ricky Ticky Tock

Obama seems like a nice guy but I don't think he's gonna end up getting it.

Mark

umm George, I don't think so!!!!!

Lol

Vote for Obama because George Clooney supports him. Hollywood Actors middle America doesn't care who you support. Stick to your day job, and stay out of politics.

davi

Of course Obama is like a rock star. He goes up on stage and performs, just like a rock star.
Nobody really knows what he thinks or believes or feels or would do if president.
I would trust Clooney for a review of a nice restaurant or which bar makes the best mojito, but an presidential endorsement? I don't think so.
I really hope and pray that Obama is not elected. He is the one thing I can imagine worse than George W. Bush.

Glisten Garbor

Look nobody likes a serious stalker but what's the big deal about the girl changing her mail route so that she could deliver mail to her favorite actor..Is that all they got?? Firth might be a bit of a wuss..I mean we did see him fight in BJD..His brother Jonathan was a hottie in "The killings at Badgers Drift"..

Lenn K.

It's funny how Hollyweird thinks the whole country is socialist left-wing like them. Remember when they are outside the country they tell others this country sucks. We all know that the Democrats are the party of Hollyweird, because they don't judge their behavior, don't believe in God, want the government to control all aspect of our lives and are scare of the terrorists that are trying to kill us. Obama doesn't have a rat's ass on what to do to protect this country, 'Bush has screwed things up, but the Demos only want to raise your taxes and hide in a hole!!!!

Brother Harold, S.J.

Thank you, Ms. Clooney, but I, for one, am not interested in having a rock star for President. This ex-frat boy we are now saddled with is enough for me. How about trying someone who is REALLY "Presidential" for a change? I really don't see one on the horizon--the present crop is crap,in my humble opinion--but I'm hopeful enough to expect that the Age of Miracles has NOT passed, and there's at least ONE deserving of the office who will somehow pop out of the metaphorical woodwork and get our nation's choo-choo back on track. Leave us pray.

Rilake

Don't believe the Polls that Hilary is winning the Democratic primary. She is losing. America is scared their will be a Black President.. What most people don't know is that many people want Obama to win this election. I know personally over 10 people that have donated to his campaign. First time ever donators. Don't get your hopes up too high WHITE PEOPLE keep an open mind.

Donate to OBAMA

Glisten Garbor

Oh who cares, everyone knows that Hillary will be the next President of the United States..We need Bill back in the White House and voting for Hillary is the best shot that we've got to accomplish that.

Pie

I'm with Fred

just me

Clooney is excited about Obama and would "love him to be president." I'm sure folks can take that as a very good indication that Obama is more a liberal than a centrist, as he has been labeled.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments