ABC Talking Heads:

Owen a Laughing Matter?

9/4/2007 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comABC "World News Now" anchors Ryan Owens and Taina Hernandez had a hard time keeping straight faces while reporting the alleged suicide attempt of comic actor Owen Wilson. The on air duo couldn't stop laughing while announcing Wilson's dramatic ordeal.

What had the two chuckleheads so giggly? It turns out that Owens and Hernandez have the maturity of 9-year-olds, and thought that the last name of Wilson's uncle -- Hoe -- was hilarious.

The pair offered an on air apology ... two days later.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

diane

How nice that they find the suffering of another human being funny.

Switch

they go through sooo many people there. like a revolving door of anchors

Ayala

What creeps. Poor Owen is suffering!

I have heard that newspeople use a lot of drugs like cocaine. I wonder how many people we watch on TV who are wasted. :(

MOM

IT WAS FUNNY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Phoenix Guy

I don't condone them laughing, but if I were sitting in front of cameras with lights shining in my eyes and I'm confronted with a funny name like "Uncle Hoe", there's no guarantee I wouldn't break out in a laughing fit.

reptilicus

It is hilarious. It would've been even better if he had died.

Lawrence Albert

Well, that's another news station I won't be watching again.

Jo

TMZ ONCE AGAIN, FAMOUS FOR POINTING FINGERS....WHILE I DON'T CONDONE THE LAUGHTER, YOU HAVE A LOT OF GALL FOR CALLING OTHER PEOPLE IMMATURE. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE FOR THE SHEER TRASH, BUT THAT'S WHAT MOST OF IT IS, SHEER TRASH ABOUT SUBJECTS THAT DON'T AMOUNT TO A HILL OF BEANS IN THE REAL WORLD.

Carmen

wow people, look at the story, they aren't laughing at stupid owen, they are laughing at his (uncle) Hoe. how retarded to say "oh they must be doing drugs and cocaine!" stupid!

Munacra

Come on TMZ... You are the first to use humor to talk about others WOES and you condemn these two clowns? Sure they are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL however you putting them on TMZ and slamming them is equivalent YOU throwing rocks in a glass house...

cathy

ABC SHOULD FIRE THESE TWO CLOWNS! HOW CALLOUS AND IGNORANT CAN TWO PEOPLE BE! SAD!

blahblahblah

It's funny how TMZ can get on a "high horse" and point out other's for laughing at other's mistakes and problems and say how "immature" it is. Isn't that what this website is all about in the first place? Doesn't TMZ get off on others misfortunes? I love this smut but it's silly that TMZ thinks it's above all that immature stuff.

Tangie

Oh, the humanity!

Marley

I believe them laughing at that is way worse than what Imus did. People need to learn to grow thicker skin and quit being such cry babies about everything. But one thing that's not funny is someone's life. Grow up!!

Spell Check.

TMZ - stop throwing stones!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments