ABC Talking Heads:

Owen a Laughing Matter?

9/4/2007 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comABC "World News Now" anchors Ryan Owens and Taina Hernandez had a hard time keeping straight faces while reporting the alleged suicide attempt of comic actor Owen Wilson. The on air duo couldn't stop laughing while announcing Wilson's dramatic ordeal.

What had the two chuckleheads so giggly? It turns out that Owens and Hernandez have the maturity of 9-year-olds, and thought that the last name of Wilson's uncle -- Hoe -- was hilarious.

The pair offered an on air apology ... two days later.

KENTUCKYGIRL

I DON'T SEE A DAMM THING FUNNY ABOUT THIS. THIS PEOPLE ARE LOSER'S!

Terry

Correction:
The last name of Wilson's uncle -- Hoe -- " is " hilarious.
You dont think Owen and his brothers have had some fun with that one?

enufalready

OK when did TMZ become the moral compass for reporting news. Is it ok to make fun of and laugh at celebs when they are slowy killing themselves such as Lohan, Winehouse, Spears. But Poor Owen whose drug use was unknown until of late is left alone by TMZ? Why because he wears underwear? or because he is not as interesting

Terry

I see we have mom and dad clever on the TMZ blog again today.
Cant they find a more Godly site for their self righteous admonishments?
Life has wiped away the ability to find humor in anything.
One would think TMZ way to sinful and harsh for their superior taste and life styles.

momofcnmc

It's LIVE TELEVISION!!!! Who knows what goes on during commercial breaks and off air to get you going. By the way....I agree #14.

Balderdash

This is for Lisa:

If their uncle's last name is Hoe then obviously it is not their father's brother (unless Owen's real last name is Hoe). I guess their mother was a Hoe.

Of course this is in now way making fun of Owen's attempted suicide. Sometimes people just get the giggles even when it's inappropriate. Remember Mary Tyler Moore and her outburst during Chuckles funeral?

Kait

You know what? I am upset about Owen because I'm a fan, but I don't feel offended by these news people. I love it when reporters mess up. It's hilarious! I could NEVER be in front of a camera like that because I get things in my brain and they won't leave. I would be laughing at stuff all the time. This is no big deal. Don't get so uptight about it.

just wondering

......FIRE THAT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....laighing at depression, suicide....people CHOOSE to log onto TMZ ....this woman is disgusting what she did and people didn't have the option to hear her or not if they were watching the broadcast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...FIRE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

800 pound gorilla fart

Bunch of Frikin' lame Idiots that are overpayed and full of themselves . Dlckheads.
Owen has his funny moments and makes me laugh . Get well , buddy . Dlckheads.

Richie

They both should receive a pink slip...

gingergirl

Some people laugh at funerals too. I did and it was a member of my own family, whom I loved very much. I still don't understand why.

wulfred

It's really not that big a deal. They acted like fools for a second, then they apologized.
Anyone who makes a big deal about this is acting as immature as they both did when they laughed at "Uncle Hoe"!

Narndt

Fire these two jerks!

Charlotte

They should be fired. They are obviously too immature to handle their job of reporting the news. I don't care what they were laughing at, it was unprofessional and in poor taste.

Carl

Both of them deserve an Emmy award for their laughing.