Britney's Mouthpiece Muzzled

9/4/2007 1:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Laura Wasser Britney SpearsTMZ was in court a few minutes ago, while Britney and K-Fed's lawyers were duking it out over custody.

The judge asked if County Counsel was present. You'll recall, County Counsel represents the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services, which had been investigating if Britney was guilty of bad dental hygiene for her kids. We were told that investigation was all but closed.

Today, Wasser pretty much made it clear -- DCFS has closed the investigation. Responding to the judge's question about County Counsel, Wasser said, "They're not coming. This is much adieu about ..." Before she could say "nothing," K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, jumped up and asked the judge to clear the courtroom of media. We left, but the cat's out of the bag.

deirdre

Jiminy Crickets people. It is Ado not Adieu. Whoever wrote that copy should be made to take English Lit 101.

Support our Men in Uniform

Haaahaaaaaaa LMFAO....K-Fed = one BIG idiot!!! Get a JOB loser.

Littlekmommy

while I am sick of hearing the drama between K-Fed and Brittany and really can't stand either to be completely honest, I do think that this is going to the extreme. I mean, genetics play a large role in dental ailments (cavities, etc.) Has anyone looked into that? Did anyone look into the fact that when she almost dropped the baby she was swarmed by all the camera men and didnt see the curb? Like I said, they are both quite stupid and hungry for media attention but its the media that is making this stuff worse than it really is.

white trash america

candace...

you're a FRIGGIN' MORON!!!

"YOU" are what's wrong with this world. chips & soda to a baby are BAD!! because 'YOU' did it like BRIT did makes you BOTH BAD PARENTS!! babies & kids need NUTRITION as their lil' bodies & brains form.

it's no wonder this world is full of idiots - BAD PARENTS LIKE YOU CREATE THEM with your poor excuse for parenting. here's a suggesstion, before you breed any more kids you're too incompetent to care for, why not try cracking OPEN A BOOK & LEARNING A THING OR TWO.

brit's 'fans' are pathetic.

Brooke

GO BRITNEY! So glad the courts aren't as stupid as the media. They should fine or prosecute Kevin for making false claims.

CANDACE

# 33 FIRST OF ALL... I DID NOT SAY BRITNEY SPEARS IS A PERFECT PARENT. PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU READ. I SAID JUST BECAUSE SHE GAVE HER KID CHEETOS AND A COKE DOESNT MAKE HER A BAD PARENT. I ALSO SAID IF YOUR GOING TO GO AFTER HER FOR SMOKING YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AFTER EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE YOU CANT TAKE AWAY KIDS BECAUSE THEY SMOKE.WELL IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THEY ARE SMOKING. WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS IF THEY ARE SMOKING WEED THEN YES A PERSONS KIDS CAN BE TAKEN AWAY. I DO NOT AGREE WITH SMOKING AROUND KIDS BECAUSE OF SECOND HAND SMOKE. I HAVE GAVE MY 2 YEAR OLD A FEW DORITOS AND SIPS OF A COKE. NOT A WHOLE BAG OR A ENTIRE COKE BOTTLE. I WAS MAKING MY COMMENT TOWARDS YOU CANT TAKE SOMEONES KIDS AWAY BECAUSE THEY HAVE HAD SOME CHEETOS AND SOME COKE.. YOU CANT PROVE HER KIDS HAVE IT 24/7 AND NEITHER CAN I. SHE SHOULD STAY HOME WITH HER KIDS. SO BEFORE YOU GO OFF AND ACCUSE SOMEONE LIKE ME WHOM YOU DONT KNOW TO BE A BAD POOR EXCUSE FOR A PARENT THEN YOU CRACK OPEN A BOOK ABOUT PHYSCOLOGY AND GET A FEW POINTERS ON HOW YOU ARE NOT COMPETENT ENOUGH TO TELL ME IM NOT AND IM A POOR EXCUSE FOR A PARENT. I NEVER SAID THAT GIRL IS PERFECT SO I GUESS YOUR THE MORON AND BY THE WAY ITS FREAKING SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CRACK OPEN YOUR SPELLING BOOK FROM SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL YOU POOR EXCUSE FOR A COMPETENT MATURE PERSON!!

DaisyFly

lilkmommy, I watched that video four times, and each time, it got worse. There WAS no curb she tripped over. (A curb in the MIDDLE of a sidewalk pathway?) Grasping at straws to defend the indefensible is, in and of itself, indefensible. She tripped because one, she was staring at the ground, two, she was wearing pants that were 6 inches too long, and three, she was wearing a pair of shoes that gave her absolutely no good foundation for walking in said 6 inches too long pants while staring at the ground. On TOP of that, she was carrying a beverage that was, most likely, alcoholic, and while she needed NO help making sure she did not spill a single DROP of her drink, she needed the help of her bodyguard/manny/guy friday to CATCH her son.

I've walked streets that were packed with people: THRONGS of people so closely packed while walking, the smell was incredible. And yet, while doing so, AND carrying my daughter, I was never more concerned over anything else BUT my daughter. That's what parents do. They put their children first.

CANDACE, you're a complete fool. Any parent that believes giving a two year old chips and soda, in any amount, and smoking around them is okay is a few grapes shy of a fruit salad. That's exactly the type of parenting that results in children LIKE Britney Spears and Nick "Hogan" Bollea. If that's your goal, then hey, you're doing a great job, and I can see why you'd be so defensive. However, most parents recognize when they're doing something wrong, and change their behavior. It looks like you and Britney are on the same page, so everything is peachy keen.

Blah blah blah

Well, Janice #6, who do you suggest the children live with? I hope you are smarted enough not to suggest that twit federline? She is not abusing or negelecting the children as far a any of us from such a distance can tell. For god sake we have no idea what happens in their home.

DaisyFly

Oh, and Candace...honey...doll face...if you're going to criticize someone else on their spelling, please make sure that your spelling isn't equally as atrocious.

For example, "QUAK" is not the same as "QUACK". Also, "YOUR" is a possessive, while "YOU'RE" is a contraction of "YOU" and "ARE". So, rather than "YOUR THE MORON", it should be "YOU'RE THE MORON". Lastly, is the apostrophe key on your keyboard broken? "IM" "DONT" "CANT" are all missing them. Perhaps someone pulled a White House intern on you and switched the apostrophe with your F11 key, and rather than seeing those there, your browser format keeps changing, but if you're simply being lazy (as is apparent by your refusal to turn OFF the Caps Lock), your snide attempt at purporting yourself to be superior has backfired.

Miapocca

Beverly , dont you think your ocncern is a little misplaced when there are CHILDREN sleeping on the streets in LA...have you any care for those undernourished homesless kids...

Two boys well fed with nannies always in the best of cl,othes..what is there to worry about....more like their daddy using them as a meal ticket...I say bridget shoudl take a leaf out of Goldie hawns book and find a Kurt russel who the kids can call PA....ferderline is an eel

CANDACE

THE ONES WHO ARE SAYING THIS ABOUT ME DO ANY OF YOU HAVE KIDS? IF SO THEN YOU GO AHEAD AND WRITE YOUR BOOK ON PERFECT PARENTING SKILLS. ALSO, PLEASE TELL ME WHEN IT WILL COME OUT BECAUSE I WILL PERSONALLY KISS THE DAMN GROUND YOU WALK ON. I DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY ACTIONS TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE BUT AS LONG AS WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT I HAVE THE CAPS KEY ON BECAUSE AT TIMES IT GETS A LITTLE BLURRY. #38 I NEVER SAID SMOKING AROUND KIDS IS OK PAY ATTENTION. I SAID I DON'T AGREE WITH SMOKING AROUND KIDS BECAUSE OF SECOND HAND SMOKE. SMOKING WEED CAN GET YOUR KIDS TAKEN AWAY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL #39 IF YOU WANT TO BECOME MY ENGLISH TEACHER ALL OF A SUDDEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO THE FIRST OF YOUR MESSAGE THAT SAYS ( Oh, and Candace...honey...dollface....) YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT ALL OF THE PERIODS DO NOT BELONG THERE EITHER!! SO OOPS I GUESS THAT ONES ON YOU HONEY. SO, TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE PERFECT I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT YOU AND YOUR SMART MOUTHED COMMENTS BECAUSE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN TRUELY JUDGE ME ON THE TYPE OF PARENT I AM IS GOD AND TRUST ME YOU ARE NOT HIM SO BYE BYE SWEETIE YOU HAVE A NICE NIGHT.

DaisyFly

Candace, I'd tell you what those "periods" were, and the reasoning behind their placement, but it'd go completely over your head. Thank you, though, for proving what an ignoramus you are; If you're going to tell someone to learn to spell, again, it would be best to make sure that YOU'RE capable of doing just that. If not, then you're just being a hypocrite, thus making any and all of your arguments moot.

Remember, you're the one defending Britney's actions, saying they're not bad. YOU'RE the one choosing to NOT err on the side of caution, and instead, err on the side of Chester Cheetah while humming "I'd like to teach the world to sing..."

DaisyFly

Oh, and yes. I have children. 3, to be exact. I don't leave them at home every night to go out clubbing. They didn't know what soda or cheetos tasted like until they started school. They were never considered less important than my glass of Belvedere. They mean enough to me where I made sure that their car seats were facing the right direction, and that they were IN them while I was driving. I love them enough to actually WANT to spend time with them, be with them, play with them without the need to constantly find some reason to leave them with some nanny.

There's no such thing as a perfect parent. Parenting is a living entity. It is constantly changing, evolving, as the parent AND the child grows.

HOWEVER, there is a level of common sense and selflessness that is required when one CHOOSES to become a parent. That involves putting the child's need (not WANTS) above your own, sacrificing time and recreation to ensure a loving and nurturing environment, and above all else, simply caring enough to want what is best for your child. For some, that means placing them up for adoption, knowing that they'll never be able to give all of that to their child. For others, that means quitting their jobs and sacrificing material things so that they can spend more time with them. They are on opposite ends of the spectrum, but, as it is that it's a spectrum, there's a multitude of areas in-between, and no one way is wholly right or wholly wrong. What matters is the child's welfare, both mentally, emotionally, and physically.

When a parent chooses their beverage over their child, that is not concerning yourself with the physical welfare of the child.

When a parent chooses to go out drinking and partying every night, that is not concerning yourself with the mental and emotional welfare of the child.

When a parent chooses to smoke around their child, and provide them with food items that aren't healthy for an adult, much less a child, that is not concerning yourself with the mental, physical, and emotional welfare of a child.

Parents make mistakes. But GOOD parents learn from them and try not to repeat them.

CANDACE

I WAS BEING A SMARTASS. I GET WHAT THEY WERE MEANT FOR. THIS WHOLE ARGUMENT IS STUPID NOT ME AND NOT YOU. MY MAIN POINT OF THE FIRST COMMENT WAS AND STILL IS THE FACT YOU CAN'T LEGALLY TAKE AWAY SOMEONES CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY HAVE GIVEN THEIR CHILD CHEETOS OR SODA. I NEVER SAID IT WAS OK TO GIVE THEM THAT ALL THE TIME. I NEVER SAID IT. I NEVER SAID ITS OK TO SMOKE AROUND KIDS AS YOU CAN VERY WELL SEE THAT IN EVER COMMENT I HAVE MADE. I AM NOT DEFENDING HER ACTIONS IN ANYWAY. ALL I SAID WAS YOU CANT TAKE AWAY KIDS FROM ANYONE BECAUSE OF THAT. I NEVER ONCE SAID HER ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT BAD. I DID SAY I HAVE GIVEN MY CHILD A FEW DAMN DORITOS AND SIPS OF A COKE NOT A WHOLE BAG OR A ENTIRE BOTTLE OF COKE. SHE GETS HEALTHY MEALS THREE TIMES A DAY AND TAKES HER VITAMINS EVERYDAY. SHE DOES NOT GET THAT EVERYDAY ALL DAY. THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HER ARE JUST THAT. NEITHER ONE OF US CAN PROVE THAT. IT IS UP TO THE JUDGE TO DO SO. SO, TO THE ONES WHO THINK I AM DEFENDING HER ACTIONS THEN IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY READINS WHAT I WRITE

CANDACE

# 43 I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID. THERE IS NO PERFECT PARENT. EVERY BIT OF WHAT YOU SAID I AGREE WITH. I NEVER AGREED WITH HER PARTYING ALL NIGHT AND LEAVING HER KIDS WITH THE NANNIES ALL OF THE TIME. I DONT DO THAT. MY CHILD GOES TO A SITTER WHILE I WORK. THE SECOND I WALK OUT OF MY OFFICE DOOR I AM ON MY WAY TO GET HER. I DO NOT GO OUT TO THE CLUBS. I NEVER WAS ONE TO DO THAT EVEN WHEN I DIDNT HAVE KIDS. SHE SHOULDNT BE DOING A LOT OF STUFF SHE IS BUT SHE IS THE ONE WHO HAS TO LIVE WITH HER ACTIONS RESULTING FROM HER PARENTING SKILLS AND SOME CHOICES SHE MAKES. I BY NO MEANS MEANT TO OFFEND YOU OR ANY OTHER PARENT WHOS RESPONDING TO THIS IM DEFENDING MYSELF WHEN SOMEONE SAYS I SAY ITS OK TO SMOKE AROUND KIDS BECAUSE I DONT AGREE WITH THAT. I DONT AGREE WITH SHOVING JUNK DOWN THEIR THROATS 24/7. WHEN I SAY OR DO SOMETHING WRONG I WILL OWN UP TO IT BUT WHEN I DIDNT WRITE SOMETHING DONT ACCUSE ME OF IT AND DONT LIE ABOUT ME. ONCE AGAIN IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANY PARENTS OUT THEIR BUT WHEN YOU GO ON THE ATTACK YOU BETTER EXPECET THE OTHER PERSON TO RESPOND ALSO. FROM WHAT YOU WROTE YOU SEEM TO BE A WONDERFUL PARENT

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments